ADVERTISEMENT

Second Article—Governor Murphy and Rutgers Football

please move to CE board

why? because @Eagleton96 's post is nonsense meant to be politically supportive... Christie was just as supportive. Christie was already a football fan.. of Delaware and Notre Dame and Murphy pretends to be a football fan because he is now Governor... its welcome support, of course, but where was he BEFORE he became Governor?

Last edited:
please move to CE board

why? because @Eagleton96 's post is nonsense meant to be politically supportive... Christie was just as supportive. Christie was already a football fan.. of Delaware and Notre Dame and Murphy pretends to be a football fan because he is now Governor... its welcome support, of course, but where was he BEFORE he became Governor?

Why? So you and your buddies can start post after post attacking the guy for nothing that has to do with RU or the sports teams?

Say what you will about Murphy, he's the biggest supporter that Rutgers has had in the Governor's office in living memory. Maybe the only supporter.
Agree. Don’t agree with most of his policy but he is on campus a lot for football and basketball games, met him at the Yard before a womens game not too long ago and talked for a good bit, thanked him for being a big supporter of SUNJ sports, he seemed really genuine about it

Why? So you and your buddies can start post after post attacking the guy for nothing that has to do with RU or the sports teams?
You guys can gush here about Murphy without considering what his policies have done to so many Rutgers families and fans as Eagleton has already started with the protection of the this board that does not allow "politics".

You knew what you doing.

• Haha
Reactions: BossNJ
You guys can gush here about Murphy without considering what his policies have done to so many Rutgers families and fans as Eagleton has already started with the protection of the this board that does not allow "politics".

You knew what you doing.
Thanks for proving my point. I knew you couldn't control yourself. Most children can't.

please move to CE board

It's interesting that you posted a link to Politifact of Christie making a supportive claim of Schiano AFTER he left to become the coach of Tampa Bay - and further which makes the assessment that Christie's comments were false. LOL.

Politics aside - I welcome a Governor who is supportive of Rutgers - especially with anti RU sentiment frequently expressed in the media and on NJ dedicated radio stations.

It's interesting that you posted a link to Politifact of Christie making a supportive claim of Schiano AFTER he left to become the coach of Tampa Bay - and further which makes the assessment that Christie's comments were false. LOL.

Politics aside - I welcome a Governor who is supportive of Rutgers - especially with anti RU sentiment frequently expressed in the media and on NJ dedicated radio stations.
first one my search found.. no purpose to it at all other than to find a similar story about a different governor

the OP I was fine with.. though these warnings of not getting political literally mean OP recognized it as a politically charged topic. And the first reply was so over-the-top to deny any support from any other governor.. just political fawning BS.

Fawn away.. I am done.

BTW.. isn't this OP the equivalent of posting a link to a competing fan site?

The ABOUT for RutgersWire at USA Today says:

"Welcome to USA TODAY Sports Media Group’s network of team websites..."

They are building a Rivals-like network, are they not? There's nothing to that story.. just an opportunity to fawn about Murphy.

Last edited:
Might be time for @Richard Schnyderite to ban @GoodOl'Rutgers
How many threads can he ruin with his politics?
maybe recommend him to the disinformation board.

NOT a fan of Murphy's policies but he has been a better fan of RU athletics than any other governor, although I do recall Whitman maybe attending some RU ladies hoops games.

It's nice to know that Rutgers has Massachusetts supporters. Are we now officially Needham's team along with NYC's?

Reactions: goru1869
first one my search found.. no purpose to it at all other than to find a similar story about a different governor

the OP I was fine with.. though these warnings of not getting political literally mean OP recognized it as a politically charged topic. And the first reply was so over-the-top to deny any support from any other governor.. just political fawning BS.

Fawn away.. I am done.

They are building a Rivals-like network, are they not? There's nothing to that story.. just an opportunity to fawn about Murphy.
Like Trumpers fawning over 45 all over the CE???

Fawn away.. I am done.

Jibberish.

My utterly incomplete, but non-political, view of NJ Governors' support for RUFB.

Brendan Byrne - His creation of NJSEA and appointing Sonny Werblin and Bob Mulcahy indirectly became important to RU later

Tom Kean - no data

Jim Florio sent his daughter to RU - don't know if he ever went to a FB event. Importantly the NJSEA floated bonds for the new Stadium under his watch.

Christine Todd Whitman - Way to busy at "The Hunt" for football. But importantly pointed Mulcahy to RU when she wanted to put someone else in at NJSEA.

Jim McGreevey - Only RU event I saw him at was when we traveled to Notre Dame. I'm not sure he didn't have ND jammies on under his suit.

I've skipped other temporary office holders but Dick Codey deserves a mention. Within weeks of getting the job was at Chestnut Hill for the BC game. He said I'm with you for football but I gotta stick with Seton Hall when you play them. Refreshing honesty for a politician. Regular visitor to the RAC. Was a key partner to Mulcahy in getting state appropriations for the program.

Jon Corzine actually went to games and sat in the stands. Couldn't get State money for the Stadium upgrade at the same time Trenton was promising cash for a minor league baseball park and other sports facilities at what would be "American Dream". Wanted to privately fundraise for RUFB but didn't when the lawyers said it would be a "conflict of interest". Weak. Did go to the RAC also. Also was in the seat when Mulcahy was railroaded out by political interests external to RU

Chris Christie - at some key points publicly said "Leave it to RU to figure it out" when others would have meddled. At other points did some shifty, not really impactful, anti-RU stuff behind the scenes. Creepy fixation on former Delaware, now ND, hoops coach.

Was important in getting Hobbs here. Also the gov when public support was made available for building the hoops APC.

The really big big thing was getting the medical school merger, an enormous benefit to university, a change for a new era. Biggest development for the University since the Rutgers Compact of 1956. Joining the AAU and B1G only other things that come close.

Phil Murphy - an active fan. His nudge to get Schiano back is big.

Last edited:
He is also part of the ownership team behind Gotham FC, the NWSL team that plays in Red Bull Arena.

Lol

please move to CE board

Do you really think you can lie like this, we lived this, we advocated over that clown's wishes and that's just football, never mind him trying to call a rival school to help cancel the bball program

Reactions: BossNJ
Hey Murph, got any old buddies at Goldman Sachs that want to play fantasy GM on Saturdays? I hear it's real fun to run your own franchise.

Reactions: goru1869
It’s absolutely a positive that the governor supports the school. It shouldn’t be news but it is. Everyone sees his posts. All eyes are on the person in that office. I want all the citizens of the state knowing the office is behind Rutgers. I don’t care who is in the office. This is my university and it should be supported by the politicians in this state. What we normally see is a disgrace from our pols

Last edited:
For governor, how about Senator Murphy? Why shouldn't Massachusetts have three senators, NJ can survive with just one senator who actually represents us, wouldn't you agree?
You guys just can't help yourselves. Why is it always one particular party keeps bringing it to other boards? I guess it's because the site won't do anything to stop it and we all know why that is.

Murphy has lived in NJ for around 25 years or about 2/3 of his adult life. That's also almost 20 years before he ran for office. Is there a resident since birth requirement I am unaware of or are you just that clueless?

People didn't seem to have a problem with Mitt Romney or Robert Kennedy

Agree. Don’t agree with most of his policy but he is on campus a lot for football and basketball games, met him at the Yard before a womens game not too long ago and talked for a good bit, thanked him for being a big supporter of SUNJ sports, he seemed really genuine about it
That is a slur to me.

Especially the way Fowler used to say it on E-spin.👎

Remarkable. Five whole hours passed before the thread twisted into a political cesspool.

You guys just can't help yourselves. Why is it always one particular party keeps bringing it to other boards? I guess it's because the site won't do anything to stop it and we all know why that is.

Murphy has lived in NJ for around 25 years or about 2/3 of his adult life. That's also almost 20 years before he ran for office. Is there a resident since birth requirement I am unaware of or are you just that clueless?

People didn't seem to have a problem with Mitt Romney or Robert Kennedy
Robert Kennedy pretending he was from NY, again a Massachusetts carpetbagger. Romney another carpetbagger, this time a MIchigan/Massachusetts hybrid. I am totally in support of the idea that Massachusetts is such a freaking important state that it cannot be overrepresented in government. Why not just send all of our tax money directly to Massachusetts, we can live on bread and water, sounds like a good plan to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT