ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Rutgers vs Kansas at Guaranteed Rate Bowl (Phoenix)???

I like that matchup. Kansas has had a good run. And we need to avenge what I called the “nuclear bomb game to our program “ which was peak Ash moment getting absolutely destroyed at a bad Kansas team that year. That was the day he completely lost the team, fans and national perception all rock bottomed at once.

Reactions: Armor and Sword
I like that matchup. Kansas has had a good run. And we need to avenge what I called the “nuclear bomb game to our program “ which was peak Ash moment getting absolutely destroyed at a bad Kansas team that year. That was the day he completely lost the team, fans and national perception all rock bottomed at once.
I thought that was 78-0.

Reactions: Knight Shift

Yeah, but the matchup on the field would be nowhere near as intense as the battle between the Schiano vs. Leipold supporters on this board.

Brings back memories of Greg's first bowl with Rutgers in 2005 in Phoenix:

a_carpenter_412.jpg

images

2005-rutgers-insight-bowl-ring1.jpg

I thought that was 78-0.
Nah, Harbaugh announced ahead of time he was going to teabag Rutgers, so we expected it and he ultimately delivered. Kansas was complete shock & awe. Then Buffalo followed up and strafed all survivors.

Y
Do you think the Yankees and more importantly ESPN are going to skip over teams with winning records, more conference wins and take a team with 6-6 record, just 3 conference wins and on a 4 game losing streak?

Y
Do you think the Yankees and more importantly ESPN are going to skip over teams with winning records, more conference wins and take a team with 6-6 record, just 3 conference wins and on a 4 game losing streak?

Yes. Rutgers is a no brainwr for the pinstripe bowl

Ab 8-4 Kansas vs 6-6 Rutgers on a 4 game losing streak? Not gonna happen

So many of us were hoping that we could win another game or two to possibly move out of the Pinstripe, it would be pretty funny if we managed to pull it off by sucking down the stretch instead.

Phoenix was my absolute favorite of all our bowl destinations so far, by a wide margin. This just seems way too good to possibly be true 😀

I would love this. But the fact that it is Jerry Palm making the prediction... let's just say he is about as accurate as a meteorologist

Reactions: RUDave_01
We will see in a few days
We will. If they jump down to get Rutgers it's because their contract with the Big Ten expires in two years. No idea if the Big Ten will be extending it again with the addition of the West Coast teams. Again this will be more on ESPN choice.

We will. If they jump down to get Rutgers it's because their contract with the Big Ten expires in two years. No idea if the Big Ten will be extending it again with the addition of the West Coast teams. Again this will be more on ESPN choice.

Why would ESPN care about this?

Wouldn’t this be more of the pinstripe passing on us ?
Pinstripe passing on us seems far fetched unless there is something we don’t know about

Wouldn’t this be more of the pinstripe passing on us ?
Pinstripe passing on us seems far fetched unless there is something we don’t know about
They wouldn't be passing on us. They would be selecting the highest ranked available Big Ten at the time of their pick. We are the lowest ranked team of the Big Ten qualifying teams. We are the only Big Ten .500 team too. To take us it's like they are giving up two spots in the order.

Take a look a their website and scroll down to the bottom…you will see West Virginia and 5 and 7 Minnesota listed for outreach link…at first I thought it was not up dated from last year but then remembered Wisconsin had played…so did the bowl website people make a mistake and already posted something they should not have…does the Bowl Committee know about this…https://www.fiestabowl.org/sports/rate.

Take a look a their website and scroll down to the bottom…you will see West Virginia and 5 and 7 Minnesota listed for outreach link…at first I thought it was not up dated from last year but then remembered Wisconsin had played…so did the bowl website people make a mistake and already posted something they should not have…does the Bowl Committee know about this…https://www.fiestabowl.org/sports/rate.

Looks like those are links from 2021

Pinstripe's GOAL is to have 4 different teams from 2022 - 2025. The requirement is at least 3 teams and never in consecutive years. Rutgers is prime for this game this year unfortunately.

B1G Bowl Selections

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT