ADVERTISEMENT

SKWC COVID -19 CHALLENGE

SKWC

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2016
The SKWC as with most not-for profits faces serious financial challenges. We recognize that our fans support many important causes including the Rutgers Day of Giving and/or may be facing personal financial issues.

Currently the SKWC faces a very large budget deficit and has reduced or eliminated non-critical functions. Our face to face fundraising events are on hold. While we have a modest reserve/endowment fund, we are trying not to deplete it.

Please click on the link below to learn more about the SKWC COVID - 19 Challenge. If you can support the SKWC at this critical time, it will be impactful and valued.

If you have already given, Thank You! If you are unable to give, we understand and appreciate your vocal support of the team and building that Rutgers Wrestling Brand. Our goal is to expand our donor base and avoid continuing to always ask our very loyal existing donors.

Contributions in any amount will help in our drive to be the best program in the land.

If you have questions or desire more information, please email me at: davidbugen@gmail.com

https://scarletknightswrestlingclub.com/covid-19-challenge/

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonard23
Done. It’s really important to keep SKWC, a non profit organization, afloat during these difficult times. Every top program has a well-funded Wrestling Club and RU has to have the same IF fans expect similar results. Every donation, no matter the amount, can make a difference and help the situation. Please consideration making a tax deductible pledge or one-time donation today.

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: Leonard23
Diane is right. As Jersey Boys said our SKWC fund raisers like the Golf Outing, Poker Night, etc can’t be held this year and we don’t know what amount of dual meets or open tournaments we will have so the amount we raise from that may be seriously impacted. This Covid Challenge for 6 month is very important and as Koleszar said it goes directly to coaches. Every little bit helps. I am already in and was the first to sign up as I knew the importance

SKWC - thanks for posting and understanding that some of us face financial difficulties. I made a donation to COVID when the coach called me and he understood that I could not afford a lot. It makes me feel good that I can help our guys even though it is not a lot of money.

Reactions: rondi
Wow- Thanks for the additional contributions - It helps us pay Ashnault, the other Resident Athletes and coaches. Spoke with Anthony today and he really appreciates the fan support that allows him to continue to pursue his Olympic dreams. Without the support of the SKWC, it would not be possible for Anthony to remain at Rutgers.

Reactions: Leonard23 and rondi
This Covid Challenge for 6 month is very important and as Koleszar said it goes directly to coaches.
It's why I like donating to the SKWC, you know exactly where your money is going. You SKWC members do an awesome job. I promise when I retire one of the 1st things I'm going to do is become an active member. Right now between my own business and running a small farm free time is nonexistent. Plus it'll be a great excuse to get away from the wife for a breather. My luck(and it will happen) she'll want to join too.

Was going to get season tickets this year, being my 11 yo son has been wretling for 2 years and really loved the 2 matches went to this year, but with the uncertainty of a season, I figured I'd just donate the deposit to rfund and buy single game tickets if things are safe.

So today I donated about what that pair of tickets would have been to the challenge, and if things are safe and matches are held I guess the boy will get tickets for Christmas and his birthday again next year., and any otehr occasion I can think of

WOW !

62 supporters, including 15 former RU Wrestlers, have donated to the SKWC COVID - 19 Challenge. Our wrestling alumni are giving back.

$36,000 has been raised. This is impressive. Thanks to everyone that contributed.

With Sebastian transferring to Rutgers we are set for our best season ever. And the potential exists for the return of NCAA Champion, Nick Suriano.

There is still time to support the SKWC COVID - 19 Challenge. Contributions support Resident Athletes who are great training partners for our student athletes. We want to grow our donor base and refrain from always relying on our most loyal supporters

If you haven't contributed and are in a position to do, so, please click on the link below. No contribution is too small or too large.

Thank You!

https://scarletknightswrestlingclub.com/covid-19-challenge/

Reactions: scottsdaleal
62 supporters, including 15 former RU Wrestlers, have donated to the SKWC COVID - 19 Challenge. Our wrestling alumni are giving back.

Glad to know our wrestlers give back to the program. For a kid to bust his gut for five years and then give to the program says a lot about the coaches. Wonder how many other graduate athletes from other teams give back to their sport.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT