ADVERTISEMENT

So like isnt the Spring Game like TODAY or something?

I got Provident club seats for this game and was looking forward to it YET I will not able to attend now...Hope everyone goes and has a great time. Weather looks great
How did you get those seats ?
Thought it was just open seating for all.

Club is open. We are in. That was a nice enticement for my kid- free food for college kid.
So it’s first come first served to get into the Club today ?
The capacity there will probably match the number of fans down in the stands.

No I think it’s, if you have club seats during the season, you can also go up there for the spring game as it will be open, not forced to sit in the regular seats

Reactions: MrsScrew
See below. We moved to the club (2 seats) when our kids went to college and we did not need 4 tickets.
However, we added our oldest kid tonight, probably because they do not expect a crowd.
Sometimes, if you ask and probably if you donate a decent amount, they will comp you with club seats. That happened a couple/few times before we became club members.
I didn't think that I would like watching games from the club because I am not a "club" kind of person, but overall, the experience is positive.
No I think it’s, if you have club seats during the season, you can also go up there for the spring game as it will be open, not forced to sit in the regular seats
Correct.

I understand the reasoning for Friday and not Saturday for the time slot on BTN. The amount of outstanding recruits is fantastic and hopefully we can get our better than fair share. Being honest here . Rutgers fans ( football prior to Schiano’s return) did not need an excuse for people to not show up . Too cold… rain… traffic sucks… goes on and on.

You're kidding, right?
No not at all. Why is it so important to you what the attendance is? If Rutgers had any say in the matter the tradition of a Saturday game on Rutgers Day would have brought a bigger crowd but if you think we should have 40k on a Friday night for the Spring game you are completely delusional.

Reactions: Knight Shift
No not at all. Why is it so important to you what the attendance is? If Rutgers had any say in the matter the tradition of a Saturday game on Rutgers Day would have brought a bigger crowd but if you think we should have 40k on a Friday night for the Spring game you are completely delusional.
You're are kidding, right?

Tom Tarver was not great during his time on the banks, but recaptured his glory days in this alumni win. Shea should have been fired on the spot.

In his first year with none of his own recruits? I seem to remember he did develop a QB during his time at Rutgers.

Tom Tarver was not great during his time on the banks, but recaptured his glory days in this alumni win. Shea should have been fired on the spot.

Wasn't that 97 or 98?

In his first year with none of his own recruits? I seem to remember he did develop a QB during his time at Rutgers.

I don't think it was his first year. He may have developed a QB, but he did little else recruiting-wise. Oh, he did take a vacation right after getting the job.

You're kidding, right?

No. He's not.

ALWAYS went, rain or shine.It was the ONLY game in town.
Yes but you didn’t grow up in a era of Woosies beaced. .I remember so many games where fans began leaving after half time. And that was during games we were ahead.

Reactions: beaced
I don't think it was his first year. He may have developed a QB, but he did little else recruiting-wise. Oh, he did take a vacation right after getting the job.

Says it right in the article. '96 was his first year and the year of the game.

A West Coast guy who had a reputation as a QB guru, and his recruiting successes and failures follow that track.

I think this is why - for the last few years - there has been this weird scoring system featured in the Spring Game. It should be regular offense/defense and the 1st-team offense should win by a landslide. But, that never seems to happen. And, if I'm not mistaken, didn't the 1st-team defense win last year?

Reactions: beaced
Nothing will ever be as bad as when the Alumni beat the team in the spring game..Not sure exact year (maybe around 1993?) but that was pathetic..My buddy was the QB for Alumni team
It was ‘96, Shea’s first year. Some of the alum with out of football for more than a decade. I remember being there ugly to myself, it’s going to be a rough road ahead.

I think this is why - for the last few years - there has been this weird scoring system featured in the Spring Game. It should be regular offense/defense and the 1st-team offense should win by a landslide. But, that never seems to happen. And, if I'm not mistaken, didn't the 1st-team defense win last year?
To me, it was and still is ,the opportunity to see the kids in unis, hitting and running plays.It is RU FB.Been and still is a part of my Life for long time.

Reactions: RUBOB72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT