ADVERTISEMENT

So, our AD is just going to tolerate Matt Millen?

Sorry if it doesn't bother you, but it's just ridiculous. I really don't think total partisans should be assigned to conference games for the team they are basically a fan of. Assign him non conference games and he can sing Penn Stare's praises all he wants. He's also not a very good announcer, but that's besides the point.

Reactions: cRURah
I agree, but there's not much Rutgers can do about it. If BTN wanted to hire this guy, thats fine, but there are 2 other games on BTN today that they could have sent him. If he was announcing Michigan at Maryland, maybe he wouldn't seem as bad.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
We've had Ray Lucas do our games. But I do think those have been OOC games. I do agree conference games shouldn't have homer announcers.

Reactions: KevH
This should definitely be at the top of Pat Hobbs to-do list.
Raise hell is obviously hyperbole. What I'm talking about is making a comment to a BTN exec or Jim Delany saying, "we enjoy Matt Millen's broadcasts on Rutgers Penn State games. When can we expect Ray Lucas?"

If it makes you feel better the majority of Penn State fans don't like him calling our games either.

Jezze grow a set. And you must have missed the first half where he was complementing Rutgers left and right.

Last edited:
I think Hobbs should review the game and if PSU got much more segments than RU he has to bring this up to the BTN. If we area an equal owner like PSU then we should get equal time.

Sorry - you're off on this one. He also gushed about Edwards throughout the entire game.
I'm not off, but it's not worth discussing at length. I'm also not alone if you read other threads. First of all, I posted in the opening minutes of the game, before he was forced to cool it for awhile with PSUs slow start. And he should be giving out warranted praise as a color analyst. Doesn't change the fact that he gets super excited about one team to the point that it is obnoxious and biased.

I think Hobbs should review the game and if PSU got much more segments than RU he has to bring this up to the BTN. If we area an equal owner like PSU then we should get equal time.
If RU had a Heisman candidate, I'm sure there would have been something on him.

Thread is ridiculous. Millen couldn't have been more complimentary about RU today. Raved about the lines in the first half. What do you want him to do while RU is getting outscored 35-0? And he pumped up Edwards through the whole game.

Reactions: Hotshoe and zappaa
If RU had a Heisman candidate, I'm sure there would have been something on him.

Thread is ridiculous. Millen couldn't have been more complimentary about RU today. Raved about the lines in the first half. What do you want him to do while RU is getting outscored 35-0? And he pumped up Edwards through the whole game.

He isn't a Heisman candidate anymore but regardless, I own as much of the network as PSU I want as much time for my team. Do a nice segment on Gio fighting his way to starter the last two years.

He isn't a Heisman candidate anymore but regardless, I own as much of the network as PSU I want as much time for my team. Do a nice segment on Gio fighting his way to starter the last two years.
Did you watch the game?? They did a segment on Gio from last year to this year and his great improvement.

man the game day threads are getting dumber every week. OP - if it irks you that much just mute the damn broadcast.

Reactions: RUDutch
Rutgers lost by 4 touch downs and fans are complaining about a announcer.
that announcer was the reason Rutgers lost:
As a wise man once claimed : To win RU Fans need to focus on Rutgers .
Millen didn't completely focus on RU and seemed like he favored the Nits.
But he did put the hex on Barkley with that interview :p

I would raise hell about this guy being assigned to a game like this and just openly rooting and gushing about one team like a fan.

We had that with Bob Griese covering Brians play during our 97 season. To Bobs credit, he did his best to remain impartial.

I agree, but there's not much Rutgers can do about it. If BTN wanted to hire this guy, thats fine, but there are 2 other games on BTN today that they could have sent him. If he was announcing Michigan at Maryland, maybe he wouldn't seem as bad.

Kiss my grits.

I don't want that idiot covering Michigan. He did enough damage to this state via his tenure with Lions.

that announcer was the reason Rutgers lost:
As a wise man once claimed : To win RU Fans need to focus on Rutgers .
Millen didn't completely focus on RU and seemed like he favored the Nits.
But he did put the hex on Barkley with that interview :p
Focus1.jpg

Guy is a failure of a NFL GM and of questionable integrity (i.e. JoPa denier and just ask Ray Rice how Millen promised Lions would take him in the draft if available and just took another player). RU lost the game on the field but I shouldn’t have to hear an announcer on a conference television station constantly denigrate the talent on our roster, play up the talent of the opposing team and make excuses for the opposite team when RU does something positive. Then this sad excuse of a broadcaster goes overfingboard on the players of his alma mater after they lost two games in a row; and to add insult to injury most of the talent he highlights for PSU are either from NJ or were once committed to RU (i.e. Saquan & Blackwell). Anyways congrats to the better team. RU is improving and f*ck Matt Millen.

GO RU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT