Bangkok, Thailand
For what it's worth

Detroit Free Press - Pinstripe vs Clemson
CBS Sports - Pinstripe vs NC State
ESPN - Pinstripe vs B.C. or Las Vegas vs. Utah
Athlon Sports - Pinstripe vs. Wake Forest
CFN - Citrus vs. Ole Miss
247 Sports - Pinstripe vs B.C.

I really don't want to play B.C. in a bowl game. Play someone out of the area. Citrus would be the best out of all of these IMHO.

Have Rutgers and Ole Miss ever played?
According to sports-reference .com and winsipedia. com, no.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU205
The team has it in their hands to avoid the Pinstripe.

Two wins likely puts RU in the Vegas or Music City.

One win or zero wins probably has RU in the Pinstripe. They pick before the Guaranteed Rate and Quick Lane and won’t let Rutgers get past them,

The don’t see any chance for the Citrus taking Rutgers. If OSU, PSU and Michigan all make the playoffs the Citrus is the next choice and likely taking the West conference winner.

For what it's worth

Detroit Free Press - Pinstripe vs Clemson
CBS Sports - Pinstripe vs NC State
ESPN - Pinstripe vs B.C. or Las Vegas vs. Utah
Athlon Sports - Pinstripe vs. Wake Forest
CFN - Citrus vs. Ole Miss

247 Sports - Pinstripe vs B.C.

I really don't want to play B.C. in a bowl game. Play someone out of the area. Citrus would be the best out of all of these IMHO.

CFN has Wisconsin in Citrus and RU in Guranteed Rate....

https://collegefootballnews.com/bow...ollege-football-news-predictions-after-week-8

Pinstripe is our optimal bowl where we will get the highest fan turnout. I’d be very happy with the pinstripe. Next I’d like Arizona, because that was a fun bowl with fun parties. Third, I’d like the Music City because Nashville is a fun city.

Last, I’d like Vegas, but the timing totally sucks, because it’s before Christmas.

I'm ok with PS if it isn't one of the Northeast teams. Not interested in NC State either. A game vs Clemson would be pretty cool though. And even more in a year they are beatable. They have been in 6 of 9 playoffs and have won 2 NC...and most of this would be during the jr HS/HS years of kids recruiting now

Unless we send some guys to convince them to reconsider.

That's a good idea ... fahgettaboudit.

Cast-members-The-Sopranos-Steve-Van-Zandt.jpg

My preferences:

1. Vegas
2. Pinstripe

- I think Cheez-It/Citrus is a pipe dream. I don't think we'd get it even with two more wins.
- Music City gets next pick. I'm not feeling good that they would take RU when schools with a guaranteed travel history will be available.
- I believe there is no way we'd drop to the Quick Lane or Guaranteed Rate Bowls if Pinstripe picks ahead of them.
- I don't think it's crazy that Vegas would take us over some other schools that traditionally travel well. They get a lot of tourists from our area and they should realize there is pent-up demand from Rutgers fans to go to a bowl.

BIG BIG difference between playing Boston College in a bowl versus Utah.

Pinstripe is our optimal bowl where we will get the highest fan turnout. I’d be very happy with the pinstripe. Next I’d like Arizona, because that was a fun bowl with fun parties. Third, I’d like the Music City because Nashville is a fun city.

Last, I’d like Vegas, but the timing totally sucks, because it’s before Christmas.
Bowl Games are supposed to be rewards for the players and to a lessor extent the fans. For the most part our guys and fans can entertain themselves in the NYC area any day of the week. It is great for convenience but stinks for those wanting a more unique get away spot to a location not usually visited. Fans gather a day or so ahead and it is more than just a game day thing (as you know).

I'm going to try my best wherever.
PS..Wake played Pinstripe just a couple years ago.
Basketball plays Miss. State on the 23rd. Pinstripe would be interesting NJ vs. Mississippi double header matchup.

Bowl Games are supposed to be rewards for the players and to a lessor extent the fans. For the most part our guys and fans can entertain themselves in the NYC area any day of the week. It is great for convenience but stinks for those wanting a more unique get away spot to a location not usually visited. Fans gather a day or so ahead and it is more than just a game day thing (as you know).

I'm going to try my best wherever.
PS..Wake played Pinstripe just a couple years ago.
Basketball plays Miss. State on the 23rd. Pinstripe would be interesting NJ vs. Mississippi double header matchup.
As a player parent- I am so glad PS bowl wasnt here during our day- when we would hit this point of the year and became eligible- Always loved letting the boss know I would need 3-5 days off sometime either in Dec or Jan...And then sitting there waiting to see where we had to book tickets. Hotel wasn't a problem as we would get rooms with the team. But that was 90% of the fun. The game itself was only 4 hours of an almost week long event.
Same for players- Greg always had the Seniors take first class on the flight to a bowl. And being away from school with family and friends were also a lot of fun for them.
The PS Bowl become all work- no play for the kids and no play for fans.

As a player parent- I am so glad PS bowl wasnt here during our day- when we would hit this point of the year and became eligible- Always loved letting the boss know I would need 3-5 days off sometime either in Dec or Jan...And then sitting there waiting to see where we had to book tickets. Hotel wasn't a problem as we would get rooms with the team. But that was 90% of the fun. The game itself was only 4 hours of an almost week long event.
Same for players- Greg always had the Seniors take first class on the flight to a bowl. And being away from school with family and friends were also a lot of fun for them.
The PS Bowl become all work- no play for the kids and no play for fans.
It comes down to whether or not Vegas will take us when it's their turn to pick. If they take us, fantastic. If they don't, I don't see any way the Pinstripe doesn't. While we're not good for the local hotels, we'll buy plenty of game tickets.

I love the Yankees but hate the pinstripe bowl other than convenience in location
This
Yankee Stadium is a baseball stadium. Designed and built only for that. Love the Yankees.
Playing a football game there in late December is ludicrous. Not to mention the horrible field conditions.
If we can somehow play in the Citrus, Nashville, anywhere else would be 1000% for the players and fans.

It comes down to whether or not Vegas will take us when it's their turn to pick. If they take us, fantastic. If they don't, I don't see any way the Pinstripe doesn't. While we're not good for the local hotels,Restaurants,Shows, Manhattan attractions,etc. , we'll buy plenty of game tickets.
FIFY

Reactions: LeapinLou
What’s the order?

It can’t be that each time we are bowl eligible we get dumped to the Pinstripe or Detroit.

Nashville be middle road SEC would be ideal, or vs artist formely known as Pac-12 in Vegas…

Send B1G west school to the Bronx…

Reactions: rubigtimenow
What’s the order?

It can’t be that each time we are bowl eligible we get dumped to the Pinstripe or Detroit.

Nashville be middle road SEC would be ideal, or vs artist formely known as Pac-12 in Vegas…

Send B1G west school to the Bronx…
I'm not 100% but fairly sure they pick in this order
1. Citrus/Cheez It
2. Music City
3. Vegas
4. Pinstripe
5. Guaranteed Rate
6. Quick Lane

As I said, I think Guaranteed Rate and Quick Lane are unlikely because Pinstripe will take us if we're available.

Reactions: ruronny
1. Citrus/Cheez It
2. Music City
3. Vegas
4. Pinstripe
5. Guaranteed Rate
6. Quick Lane

As I said, I think Guaranteed Rate and Quick Lane are unlikely because Pinstripe will take us if we're available.
To be certain of avoiding the Pinstripe, RU needs OSU/PSU/Mich to all finish strong enough to make the playoff or NYD bowls, and RU needs to beat Iowa and Maryland.

Reactions: ruronny
This
Yankee Stadium is a baseball stadium. Designed and built only for that. Love the Yankees.
Playing a football game there in late December is ludicrous. Not to mention the horrible field conditions.
If we can somehow play in the Citrus, Nashville, anywhere else would be 1000% for the players and fans.
I’ve been to two pinstripe bowls during milder weather and it wasn’t bad. Just get seats on the third base side and you’ll be fine. Not averse to going anywhere else, but pinstripe will be fine. AREYOUNUTS can organize a party in Manhattan, which will be lit. The site doesn’t matter. It’s meeting up with fans that matters most.

1. Citrus/Cheez It
2. Music City
3. Vegas
4. Pinstripe
5. Guaranteed Rate
6. Quick Lane

I would add a 1.5 - the Reliaquest (formerly Outback) in Tampa. They can take a B1G team but are not bound to do so.

Obviously, the above only comes into play after the NY6 bowls have selected. This will take at least two B1G teams off the board, possibly three.

I agree with CFN that the Pinstripe is not a given. If we lose to Maryland, it will be tough to take us over them. Plus if Nebraska, with their still-strong brand and insane traveling fanbase, is still on the board, they will be tough for the Pinstripe to pass up.

Been to every bowl RU has ever played in - I know it is close by but the Pinstripe is by far the worst venue for a bowl we have been to. Just awful - of course, will be there if that is what happens - But we want the citrus or better and that will happen when we beat OSU in two weeks.

Reactions: RU#1fan
Been to every bowl RU has ever played in - I know it is close by but the Pinstripe is by far the worst venue for a bowl we have been to. Just god awful - of course, will be there if that is what happens - But we want the citrus or better and that will happen when we beat OSU in two weeks.
FIFY

There is no rule against back to back appearances. However, Bowl committees generally avoid them.
False. B1G has variety clauses that this year exclude a team for every B1G bowl except Quick Lane.

Citrus - no Purdue
Reliaquest - no Illinois
Music City - no Iowa
Vegas - no Wisconsin
Pinstripe - no Minnesota
Phoenix - no Wisconsin

1. Citrus/Cheez It
2. Music City
3. Vegas
4. Pinstripe
5. Guaranteed Rate
6. Quick Lane

You're missing Reliaquest in Tampa. They pick 2nd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT