ADVERTISEMENT

Songs for The Dance...

You missed the point.. in the video it is the lead singer going dancing with his "sister". But thanks for playing.
I have to go find it now- I thought some guy with slicked back hair picks the sister up and then blows all his wages for the week for a cuddle and a peck on the cheek. "Wages" = very British.

I have to go find it now- I thought some guy with slicked back hair picks the sister up and then blows all his wages for the week for a cuddle and a peck on the cheek. "Wages" = very British.
oh.. sure, they had some of that in there, iirc, the mustachioed chap.. but this guy was dancing with her too... unless I am insane.. which is a possibility

rd-fb-5.jpg

hint: he IS the mustachioed guy.. the date being kept waiting.. when the song-writer's role is the little boy on the stairs

You missed the point.. in the video it is the lead singer going dancing with his "sister". But thanks for playing.
He is not.

In case you want to learn and not pontificate, Here are the actual lyrics.

Come Dancing
The Kinks
They put a parking lot on a piece of land
When the supermarket used to stand
Before that they put up a bowling alley
On the site that used to be the local pally
That's where the big bands used to come and play
My sister went there on a Saturday
Come dancing
All her boyfriends used to come and call
Why not come dancing, it's only natural
Another Saturday, another date
She would be ready but she's always make him wait
In the hallway, in anticipation
He didn't know the night would end up in frustration
He'd end up blowing all his wages for the week
All for a cuddle and a peck on the cheek

Come dancing
That's how they did it when I was just a kid
And when they said come dancing
My sister always did
My sister should have come in a midnight
And my mom would always…

He is not.

In case you want to learn and not pontificate, Here are the actual lyrics.

Come Dancing
The Kinks
They put a parking lot on a piece of land
When the supermarket used to stand
Before that they put up a bowling alley
On the site that used to be the local pally
That's where the big bands used to come and play
My sister went there on a Saturday
Come dancing
All her boyfriends used to come and call
Why not come dancing, it's only natural
Another Saturday, another date
She would be ready but she's always make him wait
In the hallway, in anticipation
He didn't know the night would end up in frustration
He'd end up blowing all his wages for the week
All for a cuddle and a peck on the cheek

Come dancing
That's how they did it when I was just a kid
And when they said come dancing
My sister always did
My sister should have come in a midnight
And my mom would always…
And the music video.. which my comment was about? What do you have to say about that?

The story-teller int hat story if the kid on the stairs.. the guy waiting to go out is the lead singer. Not only are you dead wrong, you're being an ass about it.

And the music video.. which my comment was about? What do you have to say about that?

The story-teller int hat story if the kid on the stairs.. the guy waiting to go out is the lead singer. Not only are you dead wrong, you're being an ass about it.

Your posts were about the song. As were my responses. Pot meet kettle. Your responses fail to acknowledge the accuracy of what I have written. And repeatedly attack.

Saying you were in error (especially as you are) is hardly being an ass. Lots of icky videos for good songs. Doesn’t ruin the song.

One more chance to respond with humility and decency or I’ll add you to ignore and be done with this interaction.

Peace out.
Larry

Your posts were about the song. As were my responses. Pot meet kettle. Your responses fail to acknowledge the accuracy of what I have written. And repeatedly attack.

Saying you were in error (especially as you are) is hardly being an ass. Lots of icky videos for good songs. Doesn’t ruin the song.

One more chance to respond with humility and decency or I’ll add you to ignore and be done with this interaction.

Peace out.
Larry
Oh? my post was about the song and not the video, eh? I posted the video and the comment together. Add me to your ignore, I command you.

the weird thing about the Kinks video is that if you listen to the words he ends up dancing with his sister and his night ends up in frustration... Ewww

Let me make that more clear..

the weird thing about the Kinks video is that if you listen to the words, he (the singer, Ray Davies) ends up dancing with his sister (the actress playing the sister in the video) and his (the singer's) night ends up in frustration... Ewww

If for one moment you considered that I might have well known the words to a well-known song and that you might have misinterpreted my comment in a mad rush to "show-off' that you knew the words to the song.. perhaps you would not have acted like an ass in, as you say, pontificating and trying to teach me something.

Last edited:
Let's Dance from Bowie is pretty awesome and can appeal to all generations as the beat was used for a rap song in the late 90s/00s as well.

Safety dance would be a fun one just bc everyone can dance like idiots to that song and it doesn't matter lol

Let's Dance from Bowie is pretty awesome and can appeal to all generations as the beat was used for a rap song in the late 90s/00s as well.

Safety dance would be a fun one just bc everyone can dance like idiots to that song and it doesn't matter lol
And the great Stevie Ray Vaughn played guitar on Let’s Dance. God rest his soul!

Reactions: Scangg
Oh? my post was about the song and not the video, eh? I posted the video and the comment together. Add me to your ignore, I command you.

Let me make that more clear..

the weird thing about the Kinks video is that if you listen to the words, he (the singer, Ray Davies) ends up dancing with his sister (the actress playing the sister in the video) and his (the singer's) night ends up in frustration... Ewww

If for one moment you considered that I might have well known the words to a well-known song and that you might have misinterpreted my comment in a mad rush to "show-off' that you knew the words to the song.. perhaps you would not have acted like an ass in, as you say, pontificating and trying to teach me something.

Go Have FUn with Yourself or your sister

Go Have FUn with Yourself or your sister
How childish.. please ignore me.

- you "corrected" something that did not need correcting.
"Above is completely in error.".. when it wasn't​
- you did not like being told this and reacted poorly saying..
He (lead singer) is not (going dancing with his sister).

And you get all righteous and smarmy "In case you want to learn and not pontificate, Here are the actual lyrics".

- then you pretend that I was talking about teh song lyrics and not the video even after I showed you the quote that was pretty clear I was referring to the video.
So, please, yes, ignore me. Your helpful corrections are unnecessary and you won't admit it when you made an incorrect assumption, to begin with. And congratulations on knowing the words and meaning of the song.. you are special.

Last edited:
Lily Allen’s **** you is starting to seem more and more applicable

All these songs sound OK but I guarantee none of them will get the players hyped. Just not their genre, believe me.

More appropriate:
Dancing On My Own. Calum Scott
Dancing All Alone. Robyn
Dancing With Myself. Billy Idol.
$$$$

S..s..s.s. A..a..a..a. F..f..f..f. E..e..e..e. T..t..t..t. Y..y..y..y.

Our season: it must have been love...but it’s over now...:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
No reflection on this team, which stepped up big-time. Just self-deprecating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT