ADVERTISEMENT

Sources: Greg Schiano left Patriots to return to Rutgers

G.S. left New England not because of the possibility of taking RU job but for some other reasons that only a few are aware of. The real reason will come out one day but it wasn’t because of RU. Remember there is only room for one boss in New England and his name is Belichick.
Mmmm the story IS out. LOL. He did it to take over RU.

G.S. left New England not because of the possibility of taking RU job but for some other reasons that only a few are aware of. The real reason will come out one day but it wasn’t because of RU. Remember there is only room for one boss in New England and his name is Belichick.
This is extremely interesting King?
The research team we hired at RU to assist us in the hiring process acted as agent for us.
The vetting process they used for prospective coaches was extremely thorough and extensive!
Yet you are privy to damaging inside information on Greg’s past that will ultimately come back to haunt him....interesting i say, you must be incredibly well informed.
Oh yea, the research firms vetting process included an interview with Belichek

Reactions: WhiteBus
The research team we hired at RU to assist us in the hiring process acted as agent for us.
The vetting process they used for prospective coaches was extremely thorough and extensive!
Yet you are privy to damaging inside information on Greg’s past that will ultimately come back to haunt him....interesting i say, you must be incredibly well informed.
Way to go Zapp.

Reactions: shields
Meh i dont believe this item because why wouldnt they hire him right then
Because all the non- Schiano haters would have a field day. Have to do a through search as what if Urban said “you know what, I want a challenge”. Lol. Then he’s the coach. So go through the motions. Hire a firm, negotiate with Greg and finalize in about a month or so after... seems like everything is on track...

Same research firm that looked into Julie?

I don't think Greg was ever going to coach in New England. I think he needed to get out from OSU ( he'd be forced out otherwise), hes close with a Belicheck, so the plan all along was to announce NE with idea he'd resign short time thereafter. Lets him save face, and prob helps him with future CFB coaching opportunities because, other than this board, no one would know or care about these things.
He was never annouced.

Sources told FootballScoop in recent days that Schiano left his post back in New England in order to make himself available to return to Rutgers as the Scarlet Knights’ head coach. Sources said Rutgers made it clear to Schiano at the time he will be the choice to replace Chris Ash once the position became available.

Sources said that Schiano informed Bill Belichick of his intention to return to Piscataway, and that Belichick immediately recognized a late November/early December departure would be incompatible with the Patriots’ schedule. The two came to a mutual understanding that the right thing to do for both sides was for Schiano to resign at that time.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-greg-schiano-left-patriots-return-rutgers/
Too many sources spoil the broth.

He was also fired after a record at TB that was better than his predecessor's and better than his successor's, so even though it wasn't great, a big part of that is franchise ineptitude.
In a span of 6 years, they had 4 coaches.

2011 - Raheem Morris
2012-2013 - Greg Schiano
2014-2015 - Lovie Smith
2016 - Dirk Koetter

That right there tells you how dysfunctional ownership is.

Who on the research team was briefing you on their progress and progression of the search?
You got me there, LOL!!! I'm not privy to the exclusive and confidential information that you (and the others here) may have... or for obvious reasons, have the boards blessings to put me down without the same consequences i may face simply because I disagree with you on the way this "search" was done. But this cannot be a legit search for a new Head Coach if the search committee, or whatever, have decided on Schiano before other coaches are legally available for interviews at the end of the season.

Now is it because of the Early Signing Period in December? Probably. But whatever. Let's see how Rutgers will do for the next 4+ years

You got me there, LOL!!! I'm not privy to the exclusive and confidential information that you (and the others here) may have... or for obvious reasons, have the boards blessings to put me down without the same consequences i may face simply because I disagree with you on the way this "search" was done. But this cannot be a legit search for a new Head Coach if the search committee, or whatever, have decided on Schiano before other coaches are legally available for interviews at the end of the season.

Now is it because of the Early Signing Period in December? Probably. But whatever. Let's see how Rutgers will do for the next 4+ years
You conclude it was not a legit search?
I counter the research firm acting as agents for the university contacted the representatives whom they have working relationships with of multiple prospective coaches, specifically to verify level of possible interest and viability.
You have every right to disagree, I’m simply giving you real information you should use to form your opinion.
I’ve never put you “down” personally..ever

In a span of 6 years, they had 4 coaches.

2011 - Raheem Morris
2012-2013 - Greg Schiano
2014-2015 - Lovie Smith
2016 - Dirk Koetter

That right there tells you how dysfunctional ownership is.

As inept as they are, GS really didn’t do a good job there anyway...
But that was a long time ago and NFL vs College

Saban and Holtz werent all that good of an NFL coach’s either. GS isn’t at their level in college but point is, who cares what they did at the NFL level

I say we should be rooting for Schiano because that Tennessee mess was unfair to him , and I believe he will come in and do a better job his time around. Look people go through learning curves to make them change who they are and I do remember Schiano tell a reporter !!! that if he was to become a head coach again , that he would do things different because of what he had learned along the way ... that sounds like a man ready for redemption and ready to go prove the nay sayers wrong . I know he can out recruit James Franklin and the rest of these coaches in the big , urban would have been tough but I’m am curtain Schiano can get the athletes that can win in the big , shoot look at PJ Fleck at Minnesota a coach who learned everything from Schiano , so who says Schiano can’t get it done in the big ten East , sounds like a lot of you have No confidence in our State recruiting area which again Schiano knows everything from top to bottom.

Last edited:
You conclude it was not a legit search?
I counter the research firm acting as agents for the university contacted the representatives whom they have working relationships with of multiple prospective coaches, specifically to verify level of possible interest and viability.
You have every right to disagree, I’m simply giving you real information you should use to form your opinion.
I’ve never put you “down” personally..ever

Fair enough... You are right.
Schiano is the man...
Let's Go Rutgers...
Let's get some Jersey Pride going...

Same research firm that looked into Julie?
Why hire a search firm if we were leaning
Toward GS all along? Could it be nobody wanted the job? Could it
Be Hobbs' plan all along to get the
Guy who would get the most money
In here and the coach is secondary.
Like, once the new facilties are built
We could bring in a real top level coach. Loop

Why hire a search firm if we were leaning
Toward GS all along? Could it be nobody wanted the job? Could it
Be Hobbs' plan all along to get the
Guy who would get the most money
In here and the coach is secondary.