ADVERTISEMENT

South Endzone Expansion Plans

onesimus

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2007
I realized we never found out what happened to the proposed plans to build a "new" Lockeroom underneath the South Endzone (unless I missed it).

Anyone in the know? What's currently there? What is the proposed plan?

Not sure what happened other than we don't have the money. It would not be a bad idea to bild the visitors locker room there so that the 2 teams would not be entering the stadium from the same tunnel.

I realized we never found out what happened to the proposed plans to build a "new" Lockeroom underneath the South Endzone (unless I missed it).
That was deep sixed when the budget for the 2008-2009 expansion was cut from ~$130 million to ~$100, and I have no idea what they decided as we've changed AD's 3 times since then.

New light towers would be nice as well and an overhauled PB and luxury seating opposite the current. Does not increase capacity much but offers high revenue generating seating.

it would be interesting to know exactly what GS wants…I’m sure he will be the driver of whatever happens next.

Reactions: BLewis1968
New light towers would be nice as well and an overhauled PB and luxury seating opposite the current. Does not increase capacity much but offers high revenue generating seating.

it would be interesting to know exactly what GS wants…I’m sure he will be the driver of whatever happens next.
Do not screw with the recruiting lounge behind the band. Rutgers Football Letterwinners love it! So much better then being stuck on the corner of the field and not being able to see past the 40 yard line going the other way. And they sell beer there too!

That would be enough IMO.

There is room on both sides to get more lights up there.

That was in the plan after the south endzone expansion: specifically luxury boxes not club style seating. But the economic downturn around 09-10, plus Schiano leaving, plus TP getting fired along with the downturn in the fortunes of the football program really put that out of peoples' minds. However as we continue heading up the ranks under Schiano and attendance returns to what it was, I am sure that will come back around. Luxury boxes for a successful program in the Big 10 would be a cash cow. And it would add up to 500 in additional seating.

Do not screw with the recruiting lounge behind the band. Rutgers Football Letterwinners love it! So much better then being stuck on the corner of the field and not being able to see past the 40 yard line going the other way. And they sell beer there too!
I didn't realize anyone used the recruiting lounge during the game. Was I not paying attention?

I didn't realize anyone used the recruiting lounge during the game. Was I not paying attention?
For a few years now. It's not free, nor should it be but a great venue for all generations of former RU players. One game a season all sports Letterwinners are invited. That is the highlight of my season.

For a few years now. It's not free, nor should it be but a great venue for all generations of former RU players. One game a season all sports Letterwinners are invited. That is the highlight of my season.
Sweet! Can they bring a guest?

The stadium needs to upgrade to new LED lights. It is much darker than other college stadiums. Plus, can add color effects such as when run onto the field, after the team scores, etc. as seen in the big-time college stadium like Alabama, Georgia, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT