ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Illustrated Reporter: Hearing Schiano before end of season

Hondo Carpenter is the reporters name. Check out his Twitter. Seems legit. Hope his sources are good like from the offices of the big 10.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Lead Michigan State athletics reporter for sports illustrated has said that it’s not a matter of “what if” but “when” now that schiano deal will be announced but that he’s hearing it will be before the end of the season potentially
Again, speculation at best. Hobbs is very good at keeping quiet on hires. Ash is now officially a lame duck coach. At this point he coaches for whatever little pride he has left and we move on to another coach end of season. That’s all that we likely know.

Reactions: 17Q66
Hondo Carpenter is the reporters name. Check out his Twitter. Seems legit. Hope his sources are good like from the offices of the big 10.

Lolz... yes he's a legit reporter for Spartan Nation.com - and covers MSU for SI... but, that's like going to Steve Politi for insight on the next Sparty coach.....

rumor at best ---

Reactions: RUHouston
If Schiano really is ready to come back there's no other choice. Ash is a dead man walking. He doesn't win on the field and can't even recruit against a middling ACC team at this point, let alone the B1G East powerhouses. Schiano still has some star power.

Reactions: Scangg and ru1869
If Schiano really is ready to come back there's no other choice. Ash is a dead man walking. He doesn't win on the field and can't even recruit against a middling ACC team at this point, let alone the B1G East powerhouses. Schiano still has some star power.
Respectfully disagree that there is "no other choice." There are a lot of viable choices, and all should be considered. If in the end, he is the choice, I am 100% behind it.

Greg has star power? Did I read that?

Reactions: ru1869
Please be TONIGHT
iu

Reactions: G- RUnit
Said there was mutual, serious interest over a month ago and there still is, as per my source. Have not heard that it's moved beyond that yet, but that level of detail is less likely to be out there at this time, as I think Hobbs and Schiano are both usually pretty good about keeping things under wraps. Crossing fingers.

Would be hilarious if all the chatter was just to bring Greg back for some dopey thing for the 150th as being one of RU's best HCs.

Greg has star power? Did I read that?
Respectfully disagree that there is "no other choice." There are a lot of viable choices, and all should be considered. If in the end, he is the choice, I am 100% behind it.
For Rutgers football, yes. Schiano would bring instant juice to the program. Not saying he's the best coach out there but why would a proven winner come here now? Ash has set us back from even the Flood years.

Weren't there a bunch of sources at the end of last year saying Ash was going to be fired too. How'd that work out. If it happens it happens but that's when I'll believe whatever particular rumor is out there...basically only after the fact.

Well the 1st hurdle to eating the buyout is happening just like I thought. There will be little to no back lash from the media on that front. As there's now a consensus among the media that no matter what, Ash has to go. This Administration kowtows to the media with that out of the way they'll act.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT