ADVERTISEMENT

Stasha and Zone Defense Teams

RC66

Senior
Jun 9, 2009
Stasha has long been one of my favorite players.

But...

Rutgers is finding passing lanes to the 4s and 5s against zone defenses better than I've ever seen before.

But against quick collapsing zone defense teams like Purdue, Stasha never kicks out, works hard, but doesn't finish her layups. She was 2 for 11 against Purdue.

When we see these kinds of defensive teams, I'd like to see more of those passes go to Victoria. Victoria only got 16 minutes against Purdue. Even Jordan has shown ability under crowded baskets and is, IMO, underutilized.

Reactions: ChasRC69
Stasha has long been one of my favorite players.

But...

Rutgers is finding passing lanes to the 4s and 5s against zone defenses better than I've ever seen before.

But against quick collapsing zone defense teams like Purdue, Stasha never kicks out, works hard, but doesn't finish her layups. She was 2 for 11 against Purdue.

When we see these kinds of defensive teams, I'd like to see more of those passes go to Victoria. Victoria only got 16 minutes against Purdue. Even Jordan has shown ability under crowded baskets and is, IMO, underutilized.
Completely agree. Stasha had some key free throws and rebounds late in the game that we would not have won without, but didn't play one of her better games. As you noted, she got in deep several times, but either turned the ball over or had her shot blocked. I think Purdue had 4 blocks, and I think all were Stasha's shots. I would have liked to see Jordan get a few minutes.
On another topic, what in heck do our players think when the band is counting down the seconds before the shot clock expires? Too many times we keep dribbling or passing when the count is down to 3, 2 or 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT