ADVERTISEMENT

State of Emergency Tuesday 5pm

Why would it be postponed? The RAC isn't going to flood. Basketball games are played during inclement weather, including snow storms, all the time. If fans don't feel it's worth the risk that's fine, but the game will be played regardless.

Indiana is already here as well for whatever that's worth.

Unfortunatly, we are prone to flooding so I’m staying home to cope if the house gets water.

Why would it be postponed? The RAC isn't going to flood. Basketball games are played during inclement weather, including snow storms, all the time. If fans don't feel it's worth the risk that's fine, but the game will be played regardless.

Indiana is already here as well for whatever that's worth.
The RAC very well could flood in fairness

Reactions: Local Shill
The RAC very well could flood in fairness
I'm all for postponing, selfishly. Not sure I really feel like driving down from North Jersey, and screw Indiana over who is already here. I just don't see it happening.

State of emergency means that the governor can speed assistance from state agencies and allows the director of Emergency Mgt to make resources available for rescue, evacuation shelter. It does not close roads, require peeps to stay in their homes

Reactions: DirtyRU
I'm all for postponing, selfishly. Not sure I really feel like driving down from North Jersey, and screw Indiana over who is already here. I just don't see it happening.
Yeah
Same here, coming from up north and would be going by myself this time
I think I will skip it, and I hate doing that

This is a serious question. I know there was a game during a snowstorm some years ago. Maybe 1000 in the house for that game.

The FHJ game in 2006 had to have less than 1,000.

That was the next day with everyone snowed in.
I was at that game. Walked down from the Towers on Livingston with my roommate.
Great game. Completely empty arena.

Reactions: lakejj

Basketball was so bad during the Littlepage years we were more concerned about walking miles through the snow to get beer for the weekend. Loaded 10 cases onto an old electrical panel we found and used as a sled. Went dashing through snow back to the Quads. Good times but RU basketball was BAAAADDDD back then.

how ridiculous was Uncle Bob and some of our fans for thinking winning a one off game on a snowy day somehow represented an argument that Fred Hill could coach
they were worried about SHU stealing him. 😃 Didn't Uncle Bob force FHJ on the staff?

The paid attendance for the game was 7,211 while 2,012 die-hard fans braved the more than one feet of snow to be on hand.

I was there and that 2,012 number is correct. Less than 2K were in attendance for a few Littlepage games. The women's team often outdrew the men.

If I remember correctly, a lot of people on this board believed this as well.
Some of the same people criticizing Hill now were the same praising him as a great recruiter of NJ talent that Waters ignored.

I’m guessing Athletic Dept. rewards attendees with free Jersey Mike‘s subs and beverages.
And might get a personal thanks from AD Hobbs.

Reactions: biker7766
I can see the team ending it's shooting slump taking a big early lead with Gavin and Noah hitting 3's when the arena suddenly experiences a power outage caused by the storm. Either the delay will bring RU back to its shooting woes or the game will get rescheduled.

If I remember correctly, a lot of people on this board believed this as well.
in fact there were very few who from the get go thought/knew he was the wrong choice. I know because i was one of them and the whole board was against me.

My conviction was based on info from someone I knew who was very close to the Villanova program.

in fact there were very few who from the get go thought/knew he was the wrong choice. I know because i was one of them and the whole board was against me.

My conviction was based on info from someone I knew who was very close to the Villanova program.
but the loudest voices here were against him and thats all that matters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT