ADVERTISEMENT

Stay Myles stay

He was accepted to Rutgers masters program, why would he leave?

One more year. 2 is greedy, and I wonder how many guys really want to play college ball for that 5th year.

But I'll def be disappointed if he's not back next year.

Let’s hope he doesn’t pull a “Jonah Jackson”, which got a lot of approval around these parts.

Maybe he’d rather go to cal tech or Stanford for his masters? Maybe he also realizes he can accomplish what he wants in school here. Who knows, but the man has options.

Reactions: Plum Street
Maybe he’d rather go to cal tech or Stanford for his masters? Maybe he also realizes he can accomplish what he wants in school here. Who knows, but the man has options.
Yes he has options, and apparently he is not considering professional basketball as one of those options. So he could just decide he's done with basketball and focus on the rest of his life.

Yes he has options, and apparently he is not considering professional basketball as one of those options. So he could just decide he's done with basketball and focus on the rest of his life.
That’s a one on a million scenario for a kid with no personal problems or reoccurring injuries.

Reactions: Night Man
He could play at Stanford or Cal or UCLA. He says he wants to work in Silicon Valley.
I was referring to his quitting basketball all together.
As I said earlier, for no other reason but pure gut feeling, I don’t see him playing basketball at another school.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
hard to imagine any kid turning down the money in the NBA. Since most careers are pretty short in the pros, nice bank account for the future .

His future is not in basketball. He should go wherever he thinks will most benefit him in the pursuit of his career in engineering.

If he stays here he has to be considered the ultimate Rutgers man. The loyalist of every player that’s attended the university. If he is all about school and engineering then it’s a no brainer to go back home and attend Stanford or Cal Tech or even UCLA or USC. We have the 52 ranked engineering Grad school while the California schools are all in the top ten with the Cardinal being #1. He could intern at Silicon Valley lol and attend class. Hopefully he is already taking grad courses here and it’s just more convenient to stay.

Rutgers really needs to be in the top 30 in these engineering rankings list. Not sure of the politics/etc that go into these things, but I am positive based on experience that from an educational perspective it's up there.

His future is not in basketball. He should go wherever he thinks will most benefit him in the pursuit of his career in engineering.

Myles is definitely a borderline NBA player if he wants that. He's the #1 defensive rebounder in the best league in the country with a bunch of good big men. Angel Delgado played in the G League and even made it into two games with the Clippers. Guys with his size and rebounding skill will get a look in the G League imo.

Yes . You couldn’t fault the guy if we went to a Stanford . Played ball and get another degree there.
He would have a great professional network in place from two different schools

my prediction... these posts will not age well. Myles will play another year (I am hopeful it will be under Pike). He will develop better offensive skills to complement NBA level D and Rebounding skills. He is an excellent passer, an intelligent player, and an awesome teammate. When faced with working for an engineering firm or the NBA, well we all know the answer. Engineering will wait.

I was watching the Nets/Golden State game last night. I wonder if Myles could play on that Nets team doing all the dirty work while the Big 3 do all the scoring.

Reactions: hiwater
I was watching the Nets/Golden State game last night. I wonder if Myles could play on that Nets team doing all the dirty work while the Big 3 do all the scoring.
It's a good point. He's limited offensively, but on certain teams those limitations are almost positives.

Given he has good hands and is a good passer I could see a team like the Nets as a good fit.

A bit of a crink in this plan is, 2 years of grad school. Would he play that 5th year of college, would he focus on that 2nd year of school and not play, or would he go NBA without completing grad school?

It's a good point. He's limited offensively, but on certain teams those limitations are almost positives.

Given he has good hands and is a good passer I could see a team like the Nets as a good fit.

A bit of a crink in this plan is, 2 years of grad school. Would he play that 5th year of college, would he focus on that 2nd year of school and not play, or would he go NBA without completing grad school?
All nice problems to have

Hope he stays and Cliff will be a beast for us.
Ya, we haven't gotten the level of play from Cliff that I hoped for this year. I fully expect he will grow as a player, and next year we really could get that dominant 1-2 punch from the 5 position as well as seeing a bit of twin towers with Cliff at the 4 spot.

Would be great to get at least one year of those 2 playing at a high level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT