ADVERTISEMENT

Stringer's absence (Opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Covid is also a factor with attendance at RUWBB games. It is keeping me away right now. And unfortunately, is only going to get worse over the next month or so probably. These packed arenas and football stadiums are troubling to me.

I think Covid is also a factor with attendance at RUWBB games. It is keeping me away right now. And unfortunately, is only going to get worse over the next month or so probably. These packed arenas and football stadiums are troubling to me.
Yes, I think that is a valid concern. I don't know what the future attendance at Arizona will be and how much I will attend. I've gone to 3 games and the next home game isn't until the Friday after New Years.

Positives - Floor seats, so no one in front of me and a bit of a gap behind, and end of the row so, with my wife absent, no one next to me. I am next to the center court press / tv table, but the reporters sitting there have been masked and not right next to me either. Also, mask wearing is really good, it wasn't but there were a lot of complaints and it seems much better. Yes, I know that isn't by any stretch a guarantee of anything.

Negatives - well, they are obvious. Being in a crowd of folks who supposedly are either vaccinated or tested, but I truly doubt it and that possibly isn't so great a protection as hoped. Plus, the team high-five, which obviously I wouldn't not participate and diss the team, as they high five the floor seats on their way off the court. Its a tradition I thought might be discontinued, but it wasn't.

Yes, I think that is a valid concern. I don't know what the future attendance at Arizona will be and how much I will attend. I've gone to 3 games and the next home game isn't until the Friday after New Years.

Positives - Floor seats, so no one in front of me and a bit of a gap behind, and end of the row so, with my wife absent, no one next to me. I am next to the center court press / tv table, but the reporters sitting there have been masked and not right next to me either. Also, mask wearing is really good, it wasn't but there were a lot of complaints and it seems much better. Yes, I know that isn't by any stretch a guarantee of anything.

Negatives - well, they are obvious. Being in a crowd of folks who supposedly are either vaccinated or tested, but I truly doubt it and that possibly isn't so great a protection as hoped. Plus, the team high-five, which obviously I wouldn't not participate and diss the team, as they high five the floor seats on their way off the court. Its a tradition I thought might be discontinued, but it wasn't.
Wake up

You can thank the Omicron variant for that because the vax that protected against the Delta and other COVID 19 variants don't protect against that mutated version.
As long as we have unvaxinated people catching COVID 19 and have it change inside them to a slightly different version , we will continue to have mutated versions spread by them that will affect the already vaccinated..

The uninformed and misinformed help spread the anti vax agenda ( intentionally or unintentionally) that essentially winds up hurting the people who try to keep themselves safe and those around them safe to because of people refusing to get vaccinated and causing the vaxed to catch the new version that bypasses what protection vaccinated people have.
The more people get vaccinated , the less chances of the virus mutating inside of someone and coming out a version the vaccine doesn't protect against

I duly acknowledged the limitations of masks and vaccines if you read my post. They remain the better option, as I have someone with no immunity in my household due to organ transplant.

As to your post, I read the article quoting his speech and it says that 80% of hospital patients are unvaccinated (which is 6 to 7 times the percentage of vaccinated folks that make up the other 20%).

Also several articles I read state that the government (US) does not support Omicron specific boosters and does not believe they are needed?

So not 100% sure how accurate the tweet actually is?

Reactions: MADHAT1
Sounds reasonable, but if those around you aren't tested on a regular bases, you might catch it and bring it home without knowing, then find out next test you take that you're infected.
Possibly having infecting those you live with .
Nothing is totally safe and/or fool proof, but tests taken by one that are negative can turn into a positive next time taken because someone around you has the virus and don't know they do because they are not tested and that person came by you at work after you were tested and infected you.

And this isn't changing next year..or the year after...or the year after that...

You can thank the Omicron variant for that because the vax that protected against the Delta and other COVID 19 variants don't protect against that mutated version.
As long as we have unvaxinated people catching COVID 19 and have it change inside them to a slightly different version , we will continue to have mutated versions spread by them that will affect the already vaccinated..

The uninformed and misinformed help spread the anti vax agenda ( intentionally or unintentionally) that essentially winds up hurting the people who try to keep themselves safe and those around them safe to because of people refusing to get vaccinated and causing the vaxed to catch the new version that bypasses what protection vaccinated people have.
The more people get vaccinated , the less chances of the virus mutating inside of someone and coming out a version the vaccine doesn't protect against

This is wrong...the vaxxed spread long before Omicron..please stop repeating lies

You know Biden also keeps saying vaxxed dont spread..it misinformation

Reactions: Caliknight
This is wrong...the vaxxed spread long before Omicron..please stop repeating lies

You know Biden also keeps saying vaxxed dont spread..it misinformation
Fact::
Biden did say if you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you’re not going to die".
That is an exaggeration, though hospitalizations and deaths among vaccinated people are extremely rare., whereas more commonplace among the unvaccinated

Biden was more accurate when he said vaccinated people who catch COVID-19 are "not likely to get sick. . You’re not going to be in a position where your life is in danger."

Each variant can bypass vax protection, but the vaxed stand a better chance to be less effected by the new variant and if they do get infected, the result isn't as harmful and an unvaxed individual will get compared to a vaxed person

Many complaining about vaxed people becoming infected and implying getting vaccinated is useless are the same people that poo pooed COVID 19 when it hit America parroting Trump's message that the virus was nothing to worry about.causing the virus to be looked at as more of a Nuisance and not the threat it was.
Even when Trump admitted he lied, the conspiracy theorists make like the COVID 19 threat was being exaggerated and even now 800,000 deaths later those conspiracy theorists are trying their best to find ways to misinform about the virus and protecting yourself against it.

Yes Biden was wrong in his assessment about how he vax kept one from being infected, but the fact is being vaccinated lessees the odds of being infected and if a vaxed person does wind up infected he/she has a far better chance to have a mild case compared to the unvaxed person becoming deathly ill from it.

The result of conspircy theriosts turning people off getting vaccinated because of their lies about it and using mistakes made talking about it for thir anti vax agenda is , now hospital beds are in short supply, some surguries must be posponed because hospital beds are being taken by people being treated for the virus and even that is being lied about by those with an anti-vax agenda

47% of NJ hospitalized with covid are vaxxed...straight from Murphys mouth

please spare me the usual nonsense concern talking point about hospital beds while these same hospitals actually have been shrinking bed supply over the past year AND most importantly have actively laid off health care workers who refused to be vaxxed

LEMON: Really, around the world, but especially around America. New cases are up three times since last month, right? The pandemic is a big concern. Hospitalizations, death rising. So you said last month that this — that the virus is in retreat. Do you still feel that way? Is that still the case?

BIDEN: Well, the virus — look, it’s real simple. We have a pandemic for those who haven’t gotten a vaccination. It’s that basic, that simple. Ten thousand people have recently died; 9,950 of them, thereabouts, are people who hadn’t been vaccinated.

This is a simple, basic proposition. If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you are not going to die.

[…]

But, again, one last thing. We don’t talk enough to you about this, I don’t think. One last thing that’s really important is, we’re not in the position where we think that any virus, including the Delta virus, which is much more transmissible and more deadly in terms of unvaccinated people, the — the various shots that people are getting now cover that. You’re OK. You’re not going to — you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.

bac, Biden being wrong is a poor excuse to downplay the importance of being vaccinated.
Hospitalizations are up and it's the unvaxed that are filling up the hospital beds the most.

Try as hard as you can and use the President's mistake when talking about being vaccinated
in July but the facts prove your stance wrong .

here's facts that prove you wrong and using statements that are wrong to prove your point, doesn't make you right, just someone who refuses to check all the facxts because they might not fit your agenda
>An overwhelming majority of COVID-19 hospital admissions were among unvaccinated or partially vaccinated people<
in article ( link provided below)
Overall, we find that age is highly correlated with breakthrough hospitalizations. The majority of COVID-19 breakthrough hospitalizations were of elderly people (ages 65+), whereas the majority of people not fully vaccinated and hospitalized with COVID-19 were non-elderly adults (ages 18-64). In addition, a greater share of people hospitalized with a breakthrough COVID-19 infection had a comorbidity than people hospitalized with COVID-19 who were not fully vaccinated.

We also find that breakthrough COVID-19 hospitalizations included fewer COVID-related respiratory complications or treatments, suggesting fully vaccinated patients hospitalized with breakthrough COVID-19 may have been more likely to be hospitalized for unrelated reasons. If this is the case, it would mean that the gap in risk of COVID-19 hospitalization between vaccinated and unvaccinated people is even greater than previously known.<
https://www.healthsystemtracker.org...alized-with-covid-19-breakthrough-infections/

If Pat Hobbs has $1,000,000 for a no show coach, maybe he can offer $10 per spectator to fill seats at home games? Sounds like Rutgers is flush with money?

the attendance has been in a decline for years, anyone paying attention without sticking their heads in the sand knew this plus the numbers were regularly being inflated

I duly acknowledged the limitations of masks and vaccines if you read my post. They remain the better option, as I have someone with no immunity in my household due to organ transplant.

As to your post, I read the article quoting his speech and it says that 80% of hospital patients are unvaccinated (which is 6 to 7 times the percentage of vaccinated folks that make up the other 20%).

Also several articles I read state that the government (US) does not support Omicron specific boosters and does not believe they are needed?

So not 100% sure how accurate the tweet actually is?
Safe to assume you were not a math major.

47% of NJ hospitalized with covid are vaxxed...straight from Murphys mouth

please spare me the usual nonsense concern talking point about hospital beds while these same hospitals actually have been shrinking bed supply over the past year AND most importantly have actively laid off health care workers who refused to be vaxxed
So about 6,800,000 vaxed people account for 47% of the hospitalizations while 2,200,000 unvaxed account for 53%?

What does that tell you?

All politicians lie as soon as they open their mouths I trust nothing any of them say.

Let's just sat CVS was being a bit irresponsible about being totally protecting herself from Covid the other day.

What if every coach decided to stay home for a over year and collect a check?

And anyone saying the jabbed don't get and spread Covid is certifiable at this point.

Not 100% accurate. Pfizer protects against Omicron fairly well if you have the booster. Reduced chance of getting it and substantially reduced chance of severe illness, hospitalization, or death. Just the two shots are not great against Omicron, especially over time.

Not 100% accurate. Pfizer protects against Omicron fairly well if you have the booster. Reduced chance of getting it and substantially reduced chance of severe illness, hospitalization, or death. Just the two shots are not great against Omicron, especially over time.
yes the booster helps , but there will be boosted people that will get Omicron , in my opinion.
Nothing , I believe, will be 100% effective against any variant ( past, present or possibly future)
But ( again) I believe misinformation being spread about getting vaccinated does more harm than good and helps make the spread more of a problem when it comes to hospitalizations.

Intentionally putting out lies, partial truths and statements meant to misinform are signs that someone doesn't think his/her beliefs can overcome the facts , so they go the dishonest route to convince.

Reactions: SkilletHead2
yes the booster helps , but there will be boosted people that will get Omicron , in my opinion.
Nothing , I believe, will be 100% effective against any variant ( past, present or possibly future)
But ( again) I believe misinformation being spread about getting vaccinated does more harm than good and helps make the spread more of a problem when it comes to hospitalizations.

Intentionally putting out lies, partial truths and statements meant to misinform are signs that someone doesn't think his/her beliefs can overcome the facts , so they go the dishonest route to convince.

None of the vaccines have been 100% effective. Neither was the polio vaccine. But the booster helps a lot. But I agree wholeheartedly, the amount of misinformation and distortion just in this thread is representative of why it's so hard to make progress.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Watch out. A couple of these posters might like it.

Seriously, what if every coach decided they didn't want to coach because Covid. We'd have no programs.

lol....vaccinated and boosters are spreading covid like crazy, your info is a week or two old, yes vaccinated helps severe cases out but Omicron isnt even severe for unvaxxed for the most part....look at the data from Denmark

lol....vaccinated and boosters are spreading covid like crazy, your info is a week or two old, yes vaccinated helps severe cases out but Omicron isnt even severe for unvaxxed for the most part....look at the data from Denmark
Ahh, the data from Denmark. Care to provide a link?

Now, to be certain, you have to have the right vaccines, Pfizer or Moderna, but they provide substantial protection against Omicron and against the severity of the infection. Summary from an article in Nature:

These data support the notion that, provided high neutralization capacity is elicited by vaccination/boosting approaches, reasonable effectiveness against Omicron may be maintained.

i dont care about severity of illness, we are talking about people still contracting covid vaxxed and boosters...and alot of liars from the scientific and political communities who TOLD US this would not happen...hide behind changing science if you want, but I am telling you this EXACTLY the reason that more than half the country have lost trust in these frauds

Omicron provides antibodies against both Omicron and Delta it was determined. That's really great news.

Good heavens. There is nothing fraudulent here. Omicron is a new variant of the virus and can infect people unless they've had a booster from Pfizer or Moderna. What liars? The scientists are following the science as it evolves. This happened with the flu in 1918 as well. You seem to want absolute answers, but those don't exist here. There are probabilities and contingencies. But if you want your best chance as escaping COVID go the Pfizer or Moderna route and get three shots. That's you best option.

Good heavens. There is nothing fraudulent here. Omicron is a new variant of the virus and can infect people unless they've had a booster from Pfizer or Moderna. What liars? The scientists are following the science as it evolves. This happened with the flu in 1918 as well. You seem to want absolute answers, but those don't exist here. There are probabilities and contingencies. But if you want your best chance as escaping COVID go the Pfizer or Moderna route and get three shots. That's you best option.

Actually get Omicron!

Here is kind of what it seems to look like today. Omicron, way more contagious than Delta, will sweep through the US in January, with a lot of reinfections and a lot of infections of people with two shots, and less of people with an mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) booster. It may well, hopefully, die out as Omicron causes herd immunity. The big concern will be how the spread will affect our health care system. Seemed milder in South Africa, but that is a younger population. Hopefully that mildness will continue to be seen. US could actually being seeing the light at the end of the tunnel by Feb/March.

Actually get Omicron!
You could make that argument, but the first person to die of Omicron in the US (8 days ago) was a reinfection of a guy who was unvaccinated and in his 50's (but had comorbidities). I'd give it a couple more weeks before going to an Omicron infection party.

You could make that argument, but the first person to die of Omicron in the US (8 days ago) was a reinfection of a guy who was unvaccinated and in his 50's (but had comorbidities). I'd give it a couple more weeks before going to an Omicron infection party.
one thing being reported ( December 28,2021) is :
> The U.S. is averaging 260 pediatric COVID-19 hospitalizations a day, up nearly 30% from last week..
Health officials say pediatric hospitalizations in New York City rose nearly five-fold from the start of December. Almost all of those children were unvaccinated.<

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/child-covid-hospitalizations-omicron-vaccinations/

The number of children being affected might be low, but that number rising should have us a little concerned.

one thing being reported ( December 28,2021) is :
> The U.S. is averaging 260 pediatric COVID-19 hospitalizations a day, up nearly 30% from last week..
Health officials say pediatric hospitalizations in New York City rose nearly five-fold from the start of December. Almost all of those children were unvaccinated.<

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/child-covid-hospitalizations-omicron-vaccinations/

The number of children being affected might be low, but that number rising should have us a little concerned.
Can't really "like" a post about kids getting sick, but wow, didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT