ADVERTISEMENT

Taking on Keio (Japan) in a Scrimmage Today

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
One of the cool things about lacrosse is you get these international opportunities. Spreading the game through international play was always important to Coach Hayes. It's great to see us continue this tradition.

Don't sleep on Keio. I expect we will handle them but they will be a challenge. Japanese lacrosse has slowly been building into the the upper tier of countries. They have some players, a number of whom are on this team.

I'll try to post some intel about the game.

Not a ton to say other than it’s always good to see different jerseys and play with officials. Lotta of new faces this year. Scoring was distributed among a plethora of guys. Unofficial score was 20-3. Tons of young guys getting in on the action. I’m not sure who was sitting and who wasn’t but just based on scoring I think they are sitting a few of the older guys.

The fall and season are going to be all about how fast the young guys can grasp the system and mature. Talent is there and it needs to come together. This program isn’t ever about next year but as a fan you can’t help but projecting out. The nucleus and then some of this team is going to be together for awhile.

But today is what matters and today was a great day for the game and the program. Always great to get these opportunities and I know the players loved it.

Not a ton to say other than it’s always good to see different jerseys and play with officials. Lotta of new faces this year. Scoring was distributed among a plethora of guys. Unofficial score was 20-3. Tons of young guys getting in on the action. I’m not sure who was sitting and who wasn’t but just based on scoring I think they are sitting a few of the older guys.

The fall and season are going to be all about how fast the young guys can grasp the system and mature. Talent is there and it needs to come together. This program isn’t ever about next year but as a fan you can’t help but projecting out. The nucleus and then some of this team is going to be together for awhile.

But today is what matters and today was a great day for the game and the program. Always great to get these opportunities and I know the players loved it.

Did Hunter Falzon make the scoring sheet? Interested to see how he is adjusting to college ball.

I didn’t see him in the scoring but I wouldn’t read anything into that.

Edit: heard he played well. They have him at DMid.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT