ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for MD @ RU - Very Likely Chilly (highs in the low 40s) and Dry

To be clear, by "chilly" I mean highs in the low 40s and temps dropping into the mid/upper 30s by the end of the game - with 5-10 mph winds that will have wind chills in the upper 30s during tailgating and down around 30F by the end of the game. Some might call that "cool" and others "cold," but the key thing is to provide the actual forecast temps and let the reader decide.

This slayed me.

Oh yeah … MSU taught us that.
Yes, but I'll take cold and rainy every game if they're amazing wins like that one was, lol. All kidding aside, the only point of this thread, really, is that 40F and sunny/dry will be 1000x better than 40F and rainy (real rain) would be. We now have a full tailgate, which wouldn't have happened in a cold rain.

The worst kind of weather is what we have now. Low 40’s and rain. To me that always feels colder than when in the 20’s and dry. People think I am crazy but when I go skiing I want it to be 10-15 degrees. Snow is perfect at those temps. When it’s 27 and up it’s actually too warm.

Reactions: RU848789
Be sure to bring all your cold weather gear...thermals, hats, gloves, blankets, etc. It will be around 40/41 at kickoff and be the 30s much of the game possibly hitting freezing before the 4th quarter is finished

Another superb gameday forecast by the NWS, as this one has been locked up since early Tuesday (Monday really). High temps in the low 40s today, dropping into the mid-30s by the end of the game with plenty of sunshine, at least until sunset, lol. The one positive change since earlier in the week is that the winds are now forecast to be <5 mph, which means very little in the way of wind chill, which will keep it from feeling colder.

Great football weather. Hopefully we get a good turnout and can get that elusive 7th win after 3 very tough games, where we were competitive with top teams through three quarters. Defense needs to contain Taglvoilslavla and offense needs to play clean and grind out some TDs, as FGs won't be enough; winning the TO battle (special teams?) would be huge.

Be sure to bring all your cold weather gear...thermals, hats, gloves, blankets, etc. It will be around 40/41 at kickoff and be the 30s much of the game possibly hitting freezing before the 4th quarter is finished
I will have my very privileged EV with the heated seats and steering wheel keeping me warm.

I will have my very privileged EV with the heated seats and steering wheel keeping me warm.
Amazon Studios Car On Fire GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Love
Reactions: bac2therac
From a guy who was there from 10:30 am until the final whistle, the second half was definitely cold.

But the vast majority of the day was chilly (bordering on gorgeous).

So there you go.

From a guy who was there from 10:30 am until the final whistle, the second half was definitely cold.

But the vast majority of the day was chilly (bordering on gorgeous).

So there you go.
Thought the daylight hours were cool, but gorgeous, especially when the winds were calm (much of the time) and given the warmth of the sun. It definitely got chilly by sunset and for me it remained chilly, coming close to cold by the end of the game when it was about 32F; luckily winds were light to calm or else it would've felt much colder.

Just wish we played better, although on the bright side, this was a game that would've been an absolute blowout in past years, but the team at least made a game out of it cutting the lead to 11 a couple of times, but just couldn't get past that point. Would kill for a QB like Tagovailoa (and his WRs) - most passing yards in B1G history is pretty impressive. My Maryland friends were happy to win, but felt the team should've had 9-10 wins. It's all relative.

There was "wind" yesterday? Shit, we went to the upper deck - east side - for the 3rd quarter and noticed, MAYBE, a SLIGHT breeze here-and-there?

Tailgate was absolutely perfect. At no time was I ever "cold." Of course, dressed properly, but that was nice!

Weather was perfect yesterday. As long as you wore layers, had light gloves and a hat you should have been fine. Tailgate started around 11 am and we stayed the whole game. No breeze really helped.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT