ADVERTISEMENT

Taryn VanThof-Have we contacted Florida

Of course he'd leave Stony Brook. Who the hell wants to coach at Stony Brook their entire career? (unless he's waiting for a bigger job)

Never been there--maybe he loves the area, the school, the people he works with,family reasons,etc. Despite winning a National Championship at North Carolina State,Jim Valvano said he was a happier person when he was at Iona. Don't mess with happy.

IMHO Hobbs wraps this search up before baseball’s regular season ends 2 Sundays from now.

Another name for you guys is Michele Tumolo currently the head coach at Wagner. Has a great resume and did a great job this year for Wagner has them playing Princeton this week in the NCAA's; and she is from New Jersey!!!

I'd still back up the Brinks truck for the Stony Brook guy.

THIS....We overpaid once, and got CVS. We paid top dollar and got top results. We made two final fours. The investment is so small compared with the overall budget, or even compared with CVS's contract. NJ is in the middle of lax country. NJ has great talent, along with LI-NY-MD. If the lax folks thinks he's the best qualified, then 100% yes. His resume is untouchable. Get the hot, younger, up and coming coach and make them an offer they can't refuse. It worked for PSU in hiring Tambroni. He was fresh of a Final 4 with Cornell. In 9 years he took a 2-11 team and has made the NCAA 3 times, won the B1G and is ranked #1.

Raise Brecht's salary as well, he's earned it. Time to act like a B1G school.

That would be more than our men's coach.
The level of success that he has had is higher then Brecht. I like what Brecht has done so far and if he gets us consistently making the ncaas then he should see a large raise. But this guy has already achieved that. If u over pay by 50k who gives a rats ass. It’s a drop in the bucket to our athletics budget. If he delivers a powerhouse program it’s worth every penny. The perception of our athletic program is poor. Some sports have started to turn the corner as of late and make the top 25. But it’s not enough yet. Our goal should be to add CHAMPIONSHIP caliber coaches at every change.

THIS....We overpaid once, and got CVS. We paid top dollar and got top results. We made two final fours. The investment is so small compared with the overall budget, or even compared with CVS's contract. NJ is in the middle of lax country. NJ has great talent, along with LI-NY-MD. If the lax folks thinks he's the best qualified, then 100% yes. His resume is untouchable. Get the hot, younger, up and coming coach and make them an offer they can't refuse. It worked for PSU in hiring Tambroni. He was fresh of a Final 4 with Cornell. In 9 years he took a 2-11 team and has made the NCAA 3 times, won the B1G and is ranked #1.

Raise Brecht's salary as well, he's earned it. Time to act like a B1G school.

Some here would have been calling for Tambroni's head if with the results of some of the years before this one.

The level of success that he has had is higher then Brecht. I like what Brecht has done so far and if he gets us consistently making the ncaas then he should see a large raise. But this guy has already achieved that. If u over pay by 50k who gives a rats ass. It’s a drop in the bucket to our athletics budget. If he delivers a powerhouse program it’s worth every penny. The perception of our athletic program is poor. Some sports have started to turn the corner as of late and make the top 25. But it’s not enough yet. Our goal should be to add CHAMPIONSHIP caliber coaches at every change.

$50K a year added salary in our athletic dept is a lot of money right now. I agree, the goal should be to hire the best coaches. To do that, alums are going to have to step up, like we did with the MLAX team.

Some here would have been calling for Tambroni's head if with the results of some of the years before this one.

Why? Went to the NCAA’s in his 3rd season (2013) prior to a 3-year slump before going again in ‘17. So that was twice in his 1st 7 seasons. I, for one, would have been THRILLED if Brecht did that ESPECIALLY with the uphill battle faced here OTB.

Why? Went to the NCAA’s in his 3rd season (2013) prior to a 3-year slump before going again in ‘17. So that was twice in his 1st 7 seasons. I, for one, would have been THRILLED if Brecht did that ESPECIALLY with the uphill battle faced here OTB.

Every reason you questioned the coaching of Rutgers staff. They've had more questionable losses over that time than we have. You'd have been all over him. Especially considering it's thought that he's the highest paid coach in NCAA MLAX.

Duke just flipped Penn St.'s best recruit too.

Every reason you questioned the coaching of Rutgers staff. They've had more questionable losses over that time than we have. You'd have been all over him. Especially considering it's thought that he's the highest paid coach in NCAA MLAX.

Duke just flipped Penn St.'s best recruit too.

My #1 concern for ANY of our teams is post-season appearances (and one day, if there is a God, titles). The other stuff (non-Flood’ish) is A LOT easier to swallow with post-season play lol!!

Well, we was robbed at least once.

And given the disadvantages that Brecht has had to deal with, where he has gotten the program now is borderline incredible.

Once again, it's easy to say, make the post season (we've made the B1G tourney every year under Brecht except 1 and have played in the championship game once), and I know this goes in one ear and out the other, but winning like that is the by product of all the work that goes into it from the ground floor up. The winning is the last thing you see.

That work has been and continues to be done. Fortunately for Penn St., they didn't have those issues when Tambroni stepped in. It was plug and play.

And no way. If Brecht just lost the best recruit in his history, you would have been all over him and the staff.

Well, we was robbed at least once.

And given the disadvantages that Brecht has had to deal with, where he has gotten the program now is borderline incredible.

Once again, it's easy to say, make the post season (we've made the B1G tourney every year under Brecht except 1 and have played in the championship game once), and I know this goes in one ear and out the other, but winning like that is the by product of all the work that goes into it from the ground floor up. The winning is the last thing you see.

That work has been and continues to be done. Fortunately for Penn St., they didn't have those issues when Tambroni stepped in. It was plug and play.

And no way. If Brecht just lost the best recruit in his history, you would have been all over him and the staff.

Ehhhhh...I’d be upset, but losing a kid to Duke or an Ivy or service academy, is always a little different.

Then don't be too upset when we lose a Jersey kid. There are handful of NJ kids at Duke.

Then don't be too upset when we lose a Jersey kid. There are handful of NJ kids at Duke.

When have I said a single word about losing any Jersey kids to Duke (other than Dahntay Jones...freakin' traitor, and he went to my high school!!)??? I haven't.

Ehhhhh...I’d be upset, but losing a kid to Duke or an Ivy or service academy, is always a little different.
I can name three kids off the top of my head that went to Duke for lacrosse. Brad Smith from ML, Kevin Quigley from Ridge JT Giles-Harris. Plus the top 2020 Goalie in NJ is going there.

We will always recruit NJ obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us put more focus on Long Island and NY in general, along with the other so called emerging areas that we have been recruiting. NJ's greatest export is college students.

Reactions: rufamily
we lost a Kid to Duke as well?

No, I was referencing the one we spoke about offline.

We have been recruiting NJ much better but I am convinced we will never recruit it at a level where we are getting all or even most of the best kids. We will be in the final four and it will still be uphill. It's not ideal as in state tuition helps get more kids, but it is what it is. Teams have won national championships with barely having high school lacrosse played in their state. NJ kids are just so fickle. NJ high look lacrosse has gotten really good and is producing top tier talent, but give me more of those hard nosed NY kids any day.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I can name three kids off the top of my head that went to Duke for lacrosse. Brad Smith from ML, Kevin Quigley from Ridge JT Giles-Harris. Plus the top 2020 Goalie in NJ is going there.

Okay...again, not gonna complain about losing kids to Duke. No need to “name” anyone lol!

My boys said the '20 Goalie from Somerville is a Duke commit. We played them a couple weeks ago.

Any other candidates - on the off chance Hobbs reads these things LOL. James Madison was the defending Champion last year. Head coach Shelley Klaes. A proven winner year in, year out. As of September 2018 she was making base salary of $123,000. Make a splash. In a couple years we will be pulling in $45-50 million from Big Ten. Shouldn't we begin acting like it and go out and spend some money and bring in a great Coach?

Brecht's salary can be brought up some but he can't bitch until he takes us to the promised land.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Any other candidates - on the off chance Hobbs reads these things LOL. James Madison was the defending Champion last year. Head coach Shelley Klaes. A proven winner year in, year out. As of September 2018 she was making base salary of $123,000. Make a splash. In a couple years we will be pulling in $45-50 million from Big Ten. Shouldn't we begin acting like it and go out and spend some money and bring in a great Coach?

Brecht's salary can be brought up some but he can't bitch until he takes us to the promised land.
This is my point exactly. You have a golden opportunity to build a championship caliber team. Over spend!!! 30-50 k isn’t gonna break the bank. This new coach can come in with the following selling points:
1) access to local nj, ny, pa and Maryland talent
2) can sell being in the big ten
3) has a new facility breaking ground in 3 weeks
4) top public university
We can be a power. Hire a proven big time winner. Our men’s coach salary isn’t the ceiling for the new coach. If Brecht takes the next step so will his salary.

The important question -- is Brand finally out? Or is she still here. As long as she is still listed as Coach, these are all but dreams.

I would offer a 100 grand raise because she is not going to leave a winning program she built to come to Rutgers even with all above but you could also incentivize the contract 25 K for NCAA appearance 25,000 for final four another 50,000 for national champ.

Stony Brook coach is obviously great. You of course make a run at him. But if you have to overpay to do it, and the alums won't buck up, it ain't gonna happen. I hope it does. The guy can obviously coach.

Salary should not be tied to alum giving. I can see projects/ facilities/ upgrades. We dont expect alums to pay Ash or Stringer salaries. Rutgers needs to continue build up. We are in Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT