ADVERTISEMENT

Tate Martell Twitter Watch

Yea I mentioned that in the King thread yesterday or day before but then shortly after King himself came out with a tweet saying he hasn't committed anywhere refuting the first report. He gave the impression like quite a few are still in it.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Pure speculation, but interesting to watch:

TATE MARTELL
@TheTateMartell
Quarterback at University of Miami
Las Vegas, NVBorn January 26
Joined December 2014
188 Following
152.1K Followers

Followed by Greg Schiano and Drewski

smallshutterstock_65240137.jpg

Reactions: Knight Shift
It's on again with King to Miami and this time it's from him. Regarding a couple other names mentioned here in the past.... Felipe Franks to Arkansas and Temple DE Quincy Roche to Miami as well.

College PLAYER free-agency.
At a certain level, players like Martell tend to get f'd over in this free-agent market. At least Burrow found a home and rose above.
Did not follow Martell's lack of progress this year at Miami, but his stats show he saw very few snaps at QB. Now he has to compete against King.

Come to Rutgers!!

Granted it was against Niemann's defense, but damn he looked sharp against RU in 2018:

But put him behind d U's OL (which may have been worse that RU's and). To his credit, he did all he could to elude the pressure:

I appreciate TM is a student and I don’t want to do a deep dive into his personal life, but hasn’t there been a lot of drama associated with his girlfriend and/or his commitment to actually playing?

I appreciate TM is a student and I don’t want to do a deep dive into his personal life, but hasn’t there been a lot of drama associated with his girlfriend and/or his commitment to actually playing?
His mother apparently was posting negative tweets about the girlfriend keeping him away etc. Something like that..

Reactions: BaseballFan913
If Martell isn’t all in on football, I’ll take my chances with someone else.

Can’t have the leader of the team not putting in 100.

We aren’t good enough to overcome something like that.

Reactions: JerseyVegas
You feel the same about the transfers Rutgers are getting through the same loophole?
Actually yes. I don't talk out of both sides of my mouth. I am specifically talking about starters who decide to quit on their teams while perfectly healthy mid season, while on athletic scholarship, with the intention on leaving for another college team that is perceived as better. If they want to do this they should immediately lose their scholarship and either leave the school or pay their own way since they are no longer upholding their end of the deal and are now a distraction. King lied to the school, fans, and teammates about staying.

He's not even that good. He was like 4th on the qb depth chart at Miami and got passed over multiple times at OSU.

Loved when Damon Hayes laid him out cleanly on the field.
GO RU

He's not even that good. He was like 4th on the qb depth chart at Miami and got passed over multiple times at OSU.

Loved when Damon Hayes laid him out cleanly on the field.
GO RU
Really? Passed over multiple times at Miami? He was a freshman in 2018, and he was supposed to beat out Dwayne Haskins as a freshman?

Did you see Miami's OL in the video posted above? And he wasn't 4th string- he was behind two 4 star QBs that were pretty solid.

His stats--24/29 (83%), 269 yards, 1 TD/0 INT and 5.8 ypc rushing. Yeah, he sucks.

Really? Passed over multiple times at Miami? He was a freshman in 2018, and he was supposed to beat out Dwayne Haskins as a freshman?

Did you see Miami's OL in the video posted above? And he wasn't 4th string- he was behind two 4 star QBs that were pretty solid.

His stats--24/29 (83%), 269 yards, 1 TD/0 INT and 5.8 ypc rushing. Yeah, he sucks.

Dude is not good enough at the P5 level. He was throwing ducks in Coral Gables. They didn’t even run him on the scout team. They ran him some at wr.

He would fit better at Monmouth than at RU.

GO RU

Reactions: JerseyVegas
Aaahhhh would you leave that piece in Miami to come to Jersey???

I think TM will be just fine...hopefully he graduates haha.

Actually yes. I don't talk out of both sides of my mouth. I am specifically talking about starters who decide to quit on their teams while perfectly healthy mid season, while on athletic scholarship, with the intention on leaving for another college team that is perceived as better. If they want to do this they should immediately lose their scholarship and either leave the school or pay their own way since they are no longer upholding their end of the deal and are now a distraction. King lied to the school, fans, and teammates about staying.
Tell that to the coaches who does the same thing every year.

Dude is not good enough at the P5 level. He was throwing ducks in Coral Gables. They didn’t even run him on the scout team. They ran him some at wr.

GO RU
Sounds like another Miami recruit that we know.

GO RU
I don't see him as a fit for Rutgers because of his lack of focus. Schiano will demand that in spades. Too much sideshow drama, but to say he's not P5 material is crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT