ADVERTISEMENT

Team Entrance???

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Please tell me it's NOT my imagination that Games 1 and 2 they played the edited RU video of "Woke Up This Morning" that last the full length of the song, right? I know for VT it was really screwed up, and Wagner I didn't make, but I'm 99.99% sure that on Saturday it was a much shorter (maybe 30-45-seconds total) version of the edited video/song (prior to "For Those About To Rock"), correct?

Thx!

It is garbage. Sopranos entrance could be so good but they shortened it so much. And there's no transition into the ACDC stuff...feels choppy. Didn't matter too much Saturday...nobody in the stadium to welcome the team. I feel bad for the players at this point.

Reactions: RutgersNo1
It is garbage. Sopranos entrance could be so good but they shortened it so much. And there's no transition into the ACDC stuff...feels choppy. Didn't matter too much Saturday...nobody in the stadium to welcome the team. I feel bad for the players at this point.
OSU, there will be plenty of fans

Been saying for years we have the most disjointed entrance. Get the crowd going with band (18 minutes before teams entrance). Get quiet and watch video (12 minutes before entrance). Horse entrance (8-12 minutes), crowd making noise. Sit around and wait. Get the crowd going with music (5 minutes). Watch video 3 minutes). Play music and team finally enters the field.

Way over produced. Very easy to cure. My toughts...
Band plays from 18 minutes to 8 minutes
Play Sopranos video at 8 minutes to 5 minutes
Horse intro video from 5 minutes to 3 minutes
Crowd noise grows organically with added music intro
Horse leads team onto the field. Not 8-12 minutes before team.

OSU, there will be plenty of fans
You are right Al. There will be plenty of fans. But when the team exits the tunnel, we'll have tons of empty seats. Our entrance production sucks...but so does the fact that nobody is in their seats when the team comes out. So I stand by my point.

You are right Al. There will be plenty of fans. But when the team exits the tunnel, we'll have tons of empty seats. Our entrance production sucks...but so does the fact that nobody is in their seats when the team comes out. So I stand by my point.

Would be a good idea for the school to send out a questionnaire about late arrivals as to the why. I get sometimes its hard to leave the tailgate when everyone is having a good time but we only have so many games a year. I just don't get missing out on that excitement when the team runs out onto the field. It can't all be due to the lines at the entrance. maybe they can do something to promote it and get people in their seats.

Reactions: Jimpeg
I have always felt that Rutgers needs to find a way to get fans and students into their seats before kickoff...And we need to start a "tradition" - And I think it should be some sort of old school type of tradition and not a piped in wannabe thing.

As for the disjointed- if I remember correctly during GS 1.0 - you pretty much knew when the team was coming through the tunnel and within 2 minutes, they were running out to the field.

Reactions: ScarletDog
Th
Would be a good idea for the school to send out a questionnaire about late arrivals as to the why. I get sometimes it’s hard to leave the tailgate when everyone is having a good time but we only have so many games a year. I just don't get missing out on that excitement when the team runs out onto the field. It can't all be due to the lines at the entrance. maybe they can do something to promote it and get people in their seats.
theres only one homecoming each year, where you see people you haven’t seen in years. Time easily slips away. Don’t have noon kickoffs on homecoming. Problem solved at least somewhat.

Th

theres only one homecoming each year, where you see people you haven’t seen in years. Time easily slips away. Don’t have noon kickoffs on homecoming. Problem solved at least somewhat.

OK, thats 1 game a year, but I still don't buy that excuse.. How many people just go to the Homecoming game that you haven't seen in years? Any game I go to I tailgate and see the same crew I have been seeing since I graduated.

Play that annoying horn sound in every aingle
Lot 1hr prior to game time and every 15mins after that to remind people to
Leave the lots

Ohhhh and start winning more and people will be excited to go inside

Reactions: hoquat63
Leave the lots

If I remember correctly- the stadium used to be pretty full at kickoff between 05-09. Always some coming in late as they had to close down their tailgates but mostly pretty full and loud

Leave the lots

This. Not what my OP is about, however, you're 100% spot-on. Schools ALL OVER THE NATION have trouble getting everyone in their seats by KO - especially in the student section - for non "HUGE" or major rivalry games. This IS NOT just a "Rutgers" thing but people here seem to think that it is. Ugh.

*** I know you were just responding to others

Reactions: TRU2RU
Would be a good idea for the school to send out a questionnaire about late arrivals as to the why. I get sometimes its hard to leave the tailgate when everyone is having a good time but we only have so many games a year. I just don't get missing out on that excitement when the team runs out onto the field. It can't all be due to the lines at the entrance. maybe they can do something to promote it and get people in their seats.
For some fans tailgate activity has far more importance than being in the stadium when the game starts.The problem persists at half time when a segment of the fans leave.This has been going on for decades.Maybe if the team was a consistent winner, the mindset would change.

Would be a good idea for the school to send out a questionnaire about late arrivals as to the why. I get sometimes its hard to leave the tailgate when everyone is having a good time but we only have so many games a year...
Back in the day I had that problem.. so I didn't say a word and just made everything at the tailgate disappear into the truck a 1/2 hour before kickoff. Everyone gets the message. Oh.. I did say words.. like "get up, I need that chair".

Th

It's not homecoming, it's every single game...probably since we became the birthplace.

Just like they shortened the horse entrance video, maybe the same was done to the Sopranos entrance video?

• Angry
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
The horse video shortening was completely botched. Whoever made it has 0 video editing skills. I should record it one game and send a fixed version back to them. The song is cut in the middle of verses and repeats parts 3x in a row and they tried to cover it up with a sword sound and the sword effect is 90% louder than the rest of the song and its just .. so sad, need 1 good intern to go down there and fix it

They've just ****ed everything up in a major way. Should've left it ALL "as is" after games 1 and 2. Stupid.

NEED MOAR TRAIN HOARN!

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

My God I cannot wait to put away my beer, conversation, and good music to assault my senses with our gameday "atmosphere".

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Nuts

You aren’t imagining anything

We need to go back to a theme coming out of the lxokeroom that’s the same every week …

It’s was truly awesome when we can out to “Turbulanxe” in 2014 and the Hum in 2015….and going back further , when we came out to “bring ‘em out”….

It’s disjointed when it’s different every week ….

Reactions: ScarletDog
Nuts

You aren’t imagining anything

We need to go back to a theme coming out of the lxokeroom that’s the same every week …

It’s was truly awesome when we can out to “Turbulanxe” in 2014 and the Hum in 2015….and going back further , when we came out to “bring ‘em out”….

It’s disjointed when it’s different every week ….
I thought the best was "RUTGERSstruck" to open the game and "Bring'em Out" to start the 2nd half.

Reactions: rutgersal
I thought the best was "RUTGERSstruck" to open the game and "Bring'em Out" to start the 2nd half.
Bring Em Out should just be the standard. And with that, Rutgers needs to create something fun for the fans to be doing during it.

Bring Em Out should just be the standard. And with that, Rutgers needs to create something fun for the fans to be doing during it.
Don't necessarily agree re: Bring'em Out ....but I did LOVE when the entire student section was slowly going back-and-forth with the white pom-poms, during "Woke Up This Morning," vs Temple. That was an AWESOME sight to see!!

Reactions: jmg75
Don't necessarily agree re: Bring'em Out ....but I did LOVE when the entire student section was slowly going back-and-forth with the white pom-poms, during "Woke Up This Morning," vs Temple. That was an AWESOME sight to see!!
What ever it may be - we just need to get something that can become our standard. And then, we need to do something that is interactive with the fans. And not the latest fad that comes around- something that can stick and just become a part of the experience

What ever it may be - we just need to get something that can become our standard. And then, we need to do something that is interactive with the fans. And not the latest fad that comes around- something that can stick and just become a part of the experience
This is the only reason I’m not a fan of “bring’em out” as the opening entrance song. It’s used all over the place at every level. Otherwise, yeah, I wholeheartedly agree with you, my friend!

This is the only reason I’m not a fan of “bring’em out” as the opening entrance song. It’s used all over the place at every level. Otherwise, yeah, I wholeheartedly agree with you, my friend!
I would actually love if we could do oldschool and have the band playing something to come out to. Make it our thing

Hey, we killed the Knight Pulse, which every student and many older fans even knew to pound their chest, so we can kill this too...

How many people just go to the Homecoming game that you haven't seen in years?

Actually quite a few. We had a number of people show up who flew in from out of state, their only visit this year.

I've described it before as an incoherent mish-mash of cut up songs and videos. Everything is disjointed with no flow. It's like an 8th grade class won a contest to handle the visual/audio, with a classroom of kids in the booth pushing buttons and flipping switches.

Just think, someone actually put this together, had trial runs and everyone agreed, "This is great, let's go with this". Who are these people?

I've described it before as an incoherent mish-mash of cut up songs and videos. Everything is disjointed with no flow. It's like an 8th grade class won a contest to handle the visual/audio, with a classroom of kids in the booth pushing buttons and flipping switches.

Just think, someone actually put this together, had trial runs and everyone agreed, "This is great, let's go with this". Who are these people?
Yep used to laugh when I saw commercials that made no sense, would leave the 30 seconds not knowing what the product was and would say the same thing. There was internal marketing department, an agency, c-suite oversight and many times outside focus groups and they all agreed “yep that’s it we nailed it!”

Reactions: koleszar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT