ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy Valentine

See the game thread. Been going on for decades. Burr and Higgy were worse.

I know it’s easy to criticize a referee but this was truly the worst officiating I’ve ever seen by one single guy. He made the game about himself and it was truly painful to watch. The worst ref in college basketball hands-down.

He’s always been awful. Nothing new.

Reactions: rucru
I know it’s easy to criticize a referee but this was truly the worst officiating I’ve ever seen by one single guy. He made the game about himself and it was truly painful to watch. The worst ref in college basketball hands-down.

Brett, I yelled, “Teddy, the hardest worker in this entire gym is your whistle!” and, “Can you give the other officials some TV time!”

He was freakin BRUTAL today.

Watched on TV, that fourth foul on Freeman was a joke. He should be embarrassed

One nice thing about the last 5 years has been not having to watch attention craving sloots Higgins and Burr do their 1920's song and dance act every other game. But Valentine remains and hurts the game. Needs to gtfo.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Dishraceful. Even the TV announcers replayed that call against Eugene, as Illinois started to pull away, 3 times CLEARLY Showing nothing but hand on ball with Valentine BEHIND the Illini player with ZERO chance of seeing the ball.

My dad NEVER yells at officials. gets mad at me for doing so, but flipped on him earlier this season to the point where another member of the crew told him to relax. This has to be put to an end!!!

Illinois was actually in worse foul trouble than RU, but imo it seemed like RU's fouls were in more critical situations, lots of shooting fouls, bailouts, etc. RU was in the bonus very early in the second half, but it worked against them as they had a couple missed front ends. which is basically a turnover. and overall poor foul shooting.

TV was horrible. He makes calls he doesn't see. Eugene's foul at mid court, he wasn't looking. He must have seen reaction out of the corner of his eye so he assumes a foul. 3 of Freeman's fouls were horrible. and Jake drew a nice charge and was not given the call.

all that said refs didn't cost RU the game.

When you know the name of an official and knows he is on the court with any personality...he

The goal of the great official is to be invisible, make the calls and let the players be the star of the show

When the official is part of the game...they are not a good official. Period

He's the worst ref in the game and actually enjoys making calls against the home team beacuse it draws more attention to himself. No one remembers the ref who makes favorable calls for the home team.

That was the single worst officiating performance I have seen in person. It was not one sided toward a team, but destroyed any flow to the game - particularly in the second half. I may be wrong, but it sure seemed the other two refs were aware that he was calling a different game in the second half than they were.

the refs were bad equally for both teams today

In the first half it really felt like the bad calls were going mostly our way. We got away with a ton that should have been called. The second half seemed like the wind shifted, and by the end it didn't really feel like either team had gotten an advantage.

Bad officiating, sure, but it didn't feel slanted in either direction.

Who decides the refs for the game? The home team/Pikiell? Away coach? Delaney? Some committee in the B1G office? Can we write a letter and tell them that if they send us TV one more time then we'll steal the money that would make us peers to the rest of the conference or something?

Teddy Valentine was nationally embarrassed this year when he literally turned his back to a player who tried to talk to him. He's all about himself. He might not be a poor referee, but he is embarrassing.

Would be great to see the team walk out when he officiated ... but seriously can the girl who protested the UMASS game do the same every time he officiated?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT