ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassing on and OFF the court

Math or statistics has zero $ucking to do with this thread….yet you come in here like you do to every thread and try to make it about numbers and correlation.

Stfu for once and stop acting like you’re mightier and smarter than everyone else.

Like isn’t always about statistics you frigin dork.

And last of all **** you too.
I didn't say a single word about statistics in this thread you ****ing dumbass douchebag. I just said your thread was stupid and you responded by calling me a "stat geek".

Not only are you too stupid to understand statistics you're also apparently too stupid to read.

Math or statistics has zero $ucking to do with this thread….yet you come in here like you do to every thread and try to make it about numbers and correlation.

Stfu for once and stop acting like you’re mightier and smarter than everyone else.

I never said “THEY SHOULD LOOK INTENSE AT ALL TIMES. That was you.

I simply said the dancing and singing was embarrassing.

Life isn’t always about statistics you frigin dork.

And last of all **** you too.

Weird how the singing had no effect on Rutgers play until 75 seconds left.

I didn't say a single word about statistics in this thread you ****ing dumbass douchebag. I just said your thread was stupid and you responded by calling me a "stat geek".

Not only are you too stupid to understand statistics you're also apparently too stupid to read.

I’ve seen enough of your posts similar to the first one you had in the OP to know where you’re coming from.

If you don’t like the OP than just stay the $uck out of the thread instead of posting like a mighty dooshbag like you always do.

Janowski is right, your schtick doesnt apply here

has nothing to do with it....odd post
tjhe
the singing should not be happending......RU thought they had the game won...bench and players on the court...they didnt take their opponent serious...i hope they are crying now about it
Your "schtick" is agreeing with literally anything negative posted about the team after they play like shit, regardless of whether the specific negative post makes any sense whatsoever.

I don’t think it’s out of line at all to question a bunch of players singing and dancing on the bench down the stretch in a must win game that we ended up losing.

It doesn’t necessarily indicate lack of focus, but it definitely doesn’t show that they were focused, and generally isn’t a great look for a team that’s been prone to cold streaks and mental lapses this season.

I think the chances of winning were actually going up as the team sang. Team may need to sing more. Once they cut off Africa it was all down hill after that.
This, win probability actually increased from the singing til 75 seconds.

Then the bench got serious and they started to play worse.

• Haha
Reactions: Chanticleer108
I don’t think it’s out of line at all to question a bunch of players singing and dancing on the bench down the stretch in a must win game that we ended up losing.

It doesn’t necessarily indicate lack of focus, but it definitely doesn’t show that they were focused, and generally isn’t a great look for a team that’s been prone to cold streaks and mental lapses this season.

Stop having common sense.

This is not true! It can’t be measured.

Reactions: bac2therac
This thread reminds me of my kids hockey games where the crazy parents are screaming at the glass, but alas the players cannot hear them.

So much judgement and analysis. The team lost. Move on y'all! maybe they'll pull through against Northwestern and finish it off with BABY WE WERE BORN TO RUNNNN, I'll sing to that.

Illinois was singing in double OT down the stretch against Michigan. Their board probably went crazy about it. I’ll have to pop over there and check.

Illinois was singing in double OT down the stretch. Their board probably went crazy about it. I’ll have to pop over there and check.
Everyone knows playing loose is a.. *checks notes*.. bad thing.

Math has nothing to do with this phucking thread you boob.
Weird how you brought it into the thread then by making fun of me for liking math.. though I had not mentioned any of it in the thread.

If I were soon going to be obsolete as a human I would lash out too, it's okay.

Weird how you brought it into the thread then by making fun of me for liking math.. though I had not mentioned any of it in the thread.

If I were soon going to be obsolete as a human I would lash out too, it's okay.

You shat in my OP in your first post because you are a stats geek. Why act like this isn’t true?

BUT ON A SERIOUS NOTE

the chances were trending up at the 5:00 minute mark (insert Africa)

Rutgers lost the game for many reasons.

THE SINGLE BIGGEST MISTAKE was Hyatt not taking the ball over half court. Following was Mulcahy's cross court pass that was intercepted and loss of possession.

If you want to pinpoint where Rutgers really lost that game it was then. Caleb turned it over, followed by a missed free-throw and the failure to put pressure on the rolling ball. Then the shot fake that got Spencer sky high.

IT was not AFRICA.

RU was panicked and didn't expect the full court pressure without the intention to foul. It was not pushed all game until the last 1:07.

This was DUKE MARYLAND with Jason Williams esque.

Last edited:
You shat in my OP in your first post because you are a stats geek. Why act like this isn’t true?
Look first of all I've been being more of a dick than usual in this thread, so, sorry. Where others post that players suck I sometimes take my post-loss anger out on other posters instead.

But this is not true. I have opinions independent of being a stats geek. This opinion has nothing to do with being a stats geek. I'm not really sure why you even think that this opinion has something to do with my being a stats geek. I didn't say anything about stats?

I think that players who are playing loose enough to sing along to songs on the bench or whatever are usually in a GOOD state of mind. Was this the case today? I don't know. I don't think Reiber's problems are really mindset related.

Or, more accurately, Reiber's problems may be somewhat mindset related. But I don't think the problem is that he's TOO LOOSE.

If anything the problems are the opposite. Whatever you think about this team (bad look or whatever) you can't really post with a straight face that they don't care.

Reactions: S_Janowski
Look first of all I've been being more of a dick than usual in this thread, so, sorry. Where others post that players suck I sometimes take my post-loss anger out on other posters instead.

But this is not true. I have opinions independent of being a stats geek. This opinion has nothing to do with being a stats geek. I'm not really sure why you even think that this opinion has something to do with my being a stats geek. I didn't say anything about stats?

I think that players who are playing loose enough to sing along to songs on the bench or whatever are usually in a GOOD state of mind. Was this the case today? I don't know. I don't think Reiber's problems are really mindset related.

Appreciate that and I’ve been a dick as well in this thread, so sorry.

I usually like your posts but this one set me off (maybe because it was in response to me lol).

It's only embarrassing because we lost.
People look for any and every reason to scapegoat the actual causes of the loss because of the traumatic ending and rationalize it with something they perceive as bad they subliminally or overtly connect the loss to.

It wasn't the half dozen actual bad plays over the past minute. it was the team comradery from four minutes prior. Human psychology is very interesting.

It's only embarrassing because we lost.

I can see where you’re coming from but as this was happening live I literally told my wife it was cringeworthy and was worried about the last 5 minutes.

I’m sure it had very minimal impact but it’s also more the principal to me. There was still plenty of time left and we’re only up by 10 to one of the worst teams in the Power 5.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
The whole bench was at fault. They were all dancing around in their seats.

I told my wife at that point that they were gonna blow it.
Oh who cares. Theyre college kids. They mouthed words to a song during a timeout.

They lost because theyre just not that good of basketball players. Its not much more complicated than that. This was always a rebuild year and its a heckuva rebuild year when you can be a bubble team during a rebuild year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT