ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassing on and OFF the court

The play, effort and focus on the court in the last few minutes was some of the worst basketball I’ve seen under Pikiell.

The behavior on the bench was also a joke as well. 5 minutes left and the whole bench is singing and dancing away like the game is over.

This team deserved to lose.

They better bring it Sunday.
It should have been made clear to them long ago not to act that way on the bench - kind of reflective of the discipline we showed on the court the last minute and a half.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
My middle school baseball team had a game the night of the Cheers finale, at one point me and other pine riders were singing the theme song and got chewed out. Point is, yeah not the best look but these are still kids having the time of their lives. An assistant coach should have squashed it, but not worth starting a thread to publicly rip these players, by name no less. I’m jealous your life is going so smoothly that you have energy to worry about this stuff.

That garbage ain’t being tolerated by Underwood, McCaffery, Painter, Izzo, etc. It shows a lack of discipline, focus, respect for opponent, and lack toughness.
McCaffery- his melt downs have done what for the team? Loses to Wisconsin twice, blown out by Ohio State.
Painter?- St Peters collapse says hello.
Izzo-Iowa game? "The Spartans tried to sum up the 112-106 overtime loss to Iowa, a game they led by 11 points with 55 seconds to play, becoming just the fourth team in NCAA history to lose in such fashion."

Underwood---the team that lost 72-60 to Ohio State? Lost twice and blown out by Penn State? No thanks.

Over the last four seasons, only four teams have won at least ten Big Ten regular season games:
Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, AND Rutgers.

Not Michigan State. Not Purdue.

No props for Coach Slappy?

This thread is insane.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
The play, effort and focus on the court in the last few minutes was some of the worst basketball I’ve seen under Pikiell.

The behavior on the bench was also a joke as well. 5 minutes left and the whole bench is singing and dancing away like the game is over.

This team deserved to lose.

They better bring it Sunday.
Fire Pike....LOL

Glad your happy we lost.

When are we going to stop with these ridiculous threads? This is getting as bad as the free football board. We have a game today. Can't we concentrate on that? Can't we concentrate on what we need to get to the tournament? Who in their right mind has the heart to start these type of threads?

Fire Pike....LOL

Glad your happy we lost.

Um yea you’ve got the wrong guy. And happy that we lost? Wtf are you talking about.

I’ve never once said fire Pikiell and have been once of his biggest supporters since he was hired. I believed in him so much I bought 6 season tickets after his 2nd year.

You still misunderstood my post

The point was …the reaction and take was so awful even though we are 18-12, still in the ncaa , and have a lot to play …

…so what would it be like on this forum if we had a 12-18 season in a true rebuilding year ???
12-18 is not a rebuilding year, 12-18 is a failure year. We did better than 12-18 in Pike's FIRST season lol.

If we go 12-18 ever there will rightly be a lot of complaining.

Since this thread is still alive I will add one observation from the watching that video that I forgot about and likely plays into the situation.

That court is not your typical one. It's elevated so during timeouts the players in the game and coaches are somewhat isolated from the bench which is below the court. I suppose being located away from the huddle would contribute.

And while Rieber may not be getting more minutes I bet he's going to get a lot more dates .

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsScrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT