ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL 2018 BIG TEN TOURNAMENT 1ST ROUND GAME PREDICTION THREAD: RUTGERS-MINNESOTA

Rutgers is winless in games I've attended this season. That changes tomorrow. Rutgers 64, Minnesota 62.

Rutgers had been in a downward trend in recent weeks.To think a different venue will suddenly result in the offense coming out of hibernation is wishful thinking.

Minnesota 66 Rutgers 57

One game run...things piece together, planets and stars align!! :p

RU 65
Minny 57

A couple of players will think this is a showcase game. They will play selfish basketball and RU loses by 20 pts.

Very winnable game against a team that has packed it in and is down two starters but I don't think we know how to win. I think we keep it close for a while and then we Rutgers.

Minnesota 70
Rutgers 61

they are banged up

icon1.png
Starters Mason and Konate miss practice but expected to play vs. Rutgers

per Marcus:

Gophers senior guard Nate Mason missed practice with a hip injury, but he’s expected to play Wednesday in the Big Ten tournament opening round against Rutgers, coach Richard Pitino said.

Mason, who averaged a team-high 18.6 points in Big Ten play, has been playing through pain in his hips and from a bruise on his right shin suffered last week against Wisconsin.

Pitino said Mason missed practice Monday and will also rest Tuesday before the team heads to New York.

“His hips have been hurting him, so we’ll rest him,” Pitino said. “This has been going on a little bit, so he’s not been practicing all the time. He’s just had it, and maybe it’s just wear and tear a little bit. I expect him to play, but it’s been difficult from a practice standpoint.”

http://www.startribune.com/starters-...ers/475291923/

Reactions: RUonBrain
Mason and Murphy should be the two best players on the court tonight. Although it looks like he's playing, if Mason cannot go, we have a shot.

Both teams are worse then when we first played. Minny due to suspensions and injury and us due to regression.

Hope Baker is feeling better. He looked awful on Sunday. We need him to have any shot. $$$$

they are banged up

icon1.png
Starters Mason and Konate miss practice but expected to play vs. Rutgers

per Marcus:

Gophers senior guard Nate Mason missed practice with a hip injury, but he’s expected to play Wednesday in the Big Ten tournament opening round against Rutgers, coach Richard Pitino said.

Mason, who averaged a team-high 18.6 points in Big Ten play, has been playing through pain in his hips and from a bruise on his right shin suffered last week against Wisconsin.

Pitino said Mason missed practice Monday and will also rest Tuesday before the team heads to New York.

“His hips have been hurting him, so we’ll rest him,” Pitino said. “This has been going on a little bit, so he’s not been practicing all the time. He’s just had it, and maybe it’s just wear and tear a little bit. I expect him to play, but it’s been difficult from a practice standpoint.”

http://www.startribune.com/starters-...ers/475291923/
Great..the curse. He will have a record night. How is Sa and Baker. With them I think we take this one. Without no shot.

Baker must play better - he's been in a funk for awhile (since before he was sick). And we need to get back to playing better team defense. I think we will and I think we win 65-62.

When everybody is counting us out, that’s when we rise up and steal a victory and this is R Time. R U Wins 69-66.

Reactions: rutger80
My fear is that our players (not all) are ready for the season to end and go through the motions.

Unfortunately being a 10-14 seed having to win 5 games in 5 days leaves with almost ZERO hope.

This is not the same Minny team we played earlier in the season. One of their best players, Lynch is off the team for his misdeeds. He was on the team when we played them and when they were a ranked squad. Today, they come in with just one more win in the regular season. I'm going to say we win this game. I am not going to predict by how much, but we are going to win hoping that we have the good Corey tonight, and Baker is able to go.

Remember we beat USF in the first round of the Big East Tournament and then proceeded to lose by 60 to Louisville in the next round?

All I'm saying is if we lose a nailbiter tonight, I won't be that upset. In the grand scheme of things, losing this game might be better than winning and then getting embarrassed (and the publicity that comes with it) the following night.

Remember we beat USF in the first round of the Big East Tournament and then proceeded to lose by 60 to Louisville in the next round?

All I'm saying is if we lose a nailbiter tonight, I won't be that upset. In the grand scheme of things, losing this game might be better than winning and then getting embarrassed (and the publicity that comes with it) the following night.
I stand corrected. Last nights game will be worth anything that happens tonight. That was great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT