ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-OHIO STATE PREDICTION THREAD

After my Stonehill jinx I'm out, though really not sure there's much to jinx here.

Last edited:
Ohio State is a very tall and athletic team similar to Miss State

Add in that Columbus is a horror house for us and it spells trouble.

Ohio State easily wins by double digits - somewhere in the 14-18 point range.

I’m encouraged that OSU lost to PSU, and that WVU took OSU to overtime.

We will likely get outrebounded on the offensive glass, but we can make up for it by winning the turnover battle.

If JMike is good to go, I give us a puncher’s chance. Would be a good time to come out of our shooting slump.

Rutgers wins, 63-61.

Doomsday scenarios all throughout this thread. Such little faith shown here by the fans in our staff, players and culture.

There's a talent disparity that's always been in place, whenever RU faces a program like Ohio State.

How much of disparity are we looking at??

Ohio State has a roster that has the following ranked kids.

2020 Zed Key (outside the Top 150)

2022 4 Top 80 kids

2023 3 Top 80 kids

The hill is steep, but I remain confident that RU can get going, just like OSU did late last year.....the run in the B1G tournament and down the stretch by the Buckeyes, proved to me, that investing in youth will be tough, but ultimately pays off in the end.

This RU team should have some advantages in this matchup, but will need to push the tempo and get OSU into foul trouble inside. Think this is a breakout game for Gavin Griffiths....

RU 70, OSU 66......

By any measure Rutgers should lose this by 15-18 points . But I give Pike credit --very often in the past he's been able to get his team to perform beyond reasonable expectations and come away with a victory. Perhaps the OSU game will be it......... Rutgers wins 68-65......

Reactions: Scangg
I have a feeling Rutgers will play more like they did against Seton Hall and less like they did against Miss St. Ru by 5 63-58

Doomsday scenarios all throughout this thread. Such little faith shown here by the fans in our staff, players and culture.

There's a talent disparity that's always been in place, whenever RU faces a program like Ohio State.

How much of disparity are we looking at??

Ohio State has a roster that has the following ranked kids.

2020 Zed Key (outside the Top 150)

2022 4 Top 80 kids

2023 3 Top 80 kids

The hill is steep, but I remain confident that RU can get going, just like OSU did late last year.....the run in the B1G tournament and down the stretch by the Buckeyes, proved to me, that investing in youth will be tough, but ultimately pays off in the end.

This RU team should have some advantages in this matchup, but will need to push the tempo and get OSU into foul trouble inside. Think this is a breakout game for Gavin Griffiths....

RU 70, OSU 66......
Zed Key was a 4-star, no. 22 ranked center, and #113 overall in the Rivals150 for 2020. Just FYI.

That aside, I'm not sure what we've seen from our team this year that would give us a basis to have "faith" in playing at OSU. All of the objective evidence points to a blowout.

Don't get me wrong. I go into each game thinking the lightswitch is going to be flipped ON and we're going to win. So I guess I have "Faith." But if I'm making a "prediction" based on facts and evidence, how can we objectively predict anything other than a loss here?

Reactions: Rutgers56
All of the objective evidence points to a blowout.

But if I'm making a "prediction" based on facts and evidence, how can we objectively predict anything other than a loss here?
These are very different statements, and IMO the first one is wrong and the second one is right.

Zed Key was a 4-star, no. 22 ranked center, and #113 overall in the Rivals150 for 2020. Just FYI.

That aside, I'm not sure what we've seen from our team this year that would give us a basis to have "faith" in playing at OSU. All of the objective evidence points to a blowout.

Don't get me wrong. I go into each game thinking the lightswitch is going to be flipped ON and we're going to win. So I guess I have "Faith." But if I'm making a "prediction" based on facts and evidence, how can we objectively predict anything other than a loss here?
It’s ok to predict an upset sometimes. And by definition, an upset is when all the evidence points to the opposite outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT