ADVERTISEMENT

The rest of the B1G

My order in the BIG so far.

1. Michigan
2. MSU
3. Indiana
4. OSU

Michigan is a veteran team that should be the favorite right now. OSU is super young and will only get better and better the next few years, Two impressive road wins already against Cincinnati and Creighton

Watching wisconsin oklahoma and im sorry but for years now ive felt the same way. Ethan Happ is incredibly overrated. we match up extremely well with wisconsin

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Watching wisconsin oklahoma and im sorry but for years now ive felt the same way. Ethan Happ is incredibly overrated. we match up extremely well with wisconsin

Still think so after the second half?

Didnt watch 2nd half but personnel is personnel. Think we match up well and have always thought happ was overrated

We have played them tough recently but beating them this year will be a stretch on the road. Haap didn’t have much help on the perimeter last year but he sure does this year and he’s great at kicking it back out of the double team. A lot of what he does isn’t necessarily reflected in a box score.

The pace that they dictate usually keeps lesser opponents in games much longer than other, more athletic teams though.

We have played them tough recently but beating them this year will be a stretch on the road. Haap didn’t have much help on the perimeter last year but he sure does this year and he’s great at kicking it back out of the double team. A lot of what he does isn’t necessarily reflected in a box score.

The pace that they dictate usually keeps lesser opponents in games much longer than other, more athletic teams though.
I thought I read UW scoring has primarily come from 3 guys.

I thought I read UW scoring has primarily come from 3 guys.

They had four players in double digits today and Davison, who averages about 10 ppg, did not score. They also got a key player back from injury a couple of games ago.

They are blowing out power 5 schools....they will be pretty heavy favorites vs Rutgers

Wow, michigan state is playing lights out right now. Up almost 30 points over UCLA and first half hasnt ended yet. Inside game, outside shooting, good defense. They look damn good

Wow, michigan state is playing lights out right now. Up almost 30 points over UCLA and first half hasnt ended yet. Inside game, outside shooting, good defense. They look damn good
Michigan State is doing exactly what they have to do against a lesser opponent. UCLA, like most of the Pac12 is all hype and no substance.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
I think RU is going to wind up playing a lot of Top 25 to 40 programs almost every other night. Whether it's Miami, Wisconsin, Michigan State in next week and a half or later this year.

I think RU is going to wind up playing a lot of Top 25 to 40 programs almost every other night. Whether it's Miami, Wisconsin, Michigan State in next week and a half or later this year.
That next week stretch away at Miami on Wednesday, one day prep and home against Michigan State on Friday and 2 day prep and away at Wisconsin is a brutal start especially how well all three teams have played to date. Almost every game in the Big 10;will be a war. No easy games despite some of the teams losing some early games, like Illinois, Penn State , Northwestern and Nebraska . All will be difficult on the road. It would be a great confidence boost if we could get one of these early road games , but Miami and Wisconsin are going to be tough. Pike will have us ready.

My take on a very small sample of games:

Maryland - will be very good. Bruno Fernando is a 1ST round pick (maybe lottery) and they have very good recruiting class.
Penn State - will regress. Lost too much in offseason and Watkins still hurt.
Ohio State - will be very good. Terrific recruiting class and Holtmann is a real good coach
Indiana - much much better with possible Big 10 POY in Langford
Michigan - will be just as good as last year as their underclassmen (Poole etc) and a very good recruiting class will make up for loss of Wagner.
Michigan State - top 10-15 squad
Minnesota - many have them predicted for middle of pack in Big 10 so they have obviously improved.
Iowa - I think Bohanon is stlll on team with Garza and Cook...so they will be formidable.
Purdue - will regress...lost too much...but still very formidable.
Nebraska - top 25 upper classmen laden team
Wisconsin - will be much improved over last year.
Illinois -????..I believe they have a 5* recruit in their class.
Northwestern - an enigma but should be improved playing on their campus again.

i see the Big 10 this year as vastly improved as the conference pooped in its pants last year:

NCAA Final 4 Contenders: Michigan;Michigan State
NCAA Bids: Maryland; Indiana; Nebraska; Wisconsin
NCAA Bubble: Ohio State; Iowa; Purdue
NIT: Minnesota
Last 4 spots in no order: Rutgers; Penn State; Illinois; Northwestern

Fwiw, yesterday Seth Greenberg predicted the B1G will get 8 invites but didn't say who. He also said the B1G will win the ACC Challenge

My order in the BIG so far.

1. Michigan
2. MSU
3. Indiana
4. OSU

Michigan is a veteran team that should be the favorite right now. OSU is super young and will only get better and better the next few years, Two impressive road wins already against Cincinnati and Creighton
Put Nebraska in top 4 and take out OSU.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT