ADVERTISEMENT

The team's development

Nov 3, 2015
All of these threads about Net, Kenpom, and analytics make my head explode, so I thought I'd start a thread about the actual team, lol. In the last two games, these are the noticeable improvements/changes to me. Add more if I missed any.

1) Cut down on turnovers.
2) Avoiding reach-in fouls.
3) Ron hasn't pushed off.
4) Hardly any charge calls on us.
5) More use of the zone (still need to improve recovery some)
6) Better ball movement on offense (obviously).
7) Cliff's offense in the low post.
8) Communication on both offense and defense. (Really locked in on D).
9) Emphasis on scoring in the paint.
10) Paul's offense (obviously).

Some areas in need of continued improvement:
1) Contributions from the bench. The starters are playing big minutes and the subs are only going in to give them a quick blow. There was a good stretch with 4 subs, but Pike needs to feel a little more confident in giving Dean, Mag, Hyatt, and Miller more extended time.

2) Winning on the road. Let's see if all of the positives carry over to Wisky on Saturday.

Reactions: Danprusa_4
Paul Mulcahy is “the straw that stirs the drink. “ All of the others mentioned above are true however the offense going through PM has allowed Geo , Caleb , Ron ,Cliff to flourish as a TEAM. It is going to be very tough road ahead but there is reason to have a positive outlook. 12-8 in conference and 2 in the conference tourney should be more than enough . We have to realize we still can’t expect entry at 18 or 19 wins . Too much bias by others from different parts of the country. Maybe it’s because we always think of the RUScrew.

Here's what I've seen get better:

Our ability to create easier two point buckets. Mulcahy has a lot to do with this. As does better positioning from Cliff, Reiber showing some skills, etc.

Three point shooting.

Defending without fouling.

Here's what I've seen get better:

Our ability to create easier two point buckets. Mulcahy has a lot to do with this. As does better positioning from Cliff, Reiber showing some skills, etc.

Three point shooting.

Defending without fouling.
You can’t double team anyone on our starting 5 without consequences now. You could earlier in the year.

Paul's passing
Paul not turning over
Cliff making non-dunks
Caleb hitting ball on steals instead of arms
Geo playing D when he isn't scoring
Ron playing D when he isn't scoring
Dean ain't wasted minutes
jmo

Last edited:
Biggest thing for me is the movement on offense and not forcing up stupid shots which have almost no chance to go in.

How many more points are we getting where Cliff is wide open on a defensive breakdown for an easy basket. The movement off the ball has been pretty good too. What's really amazing is Ron hasn't been shooting well the last few games and we still beat two ranked teams in a row. Geo finally started driving to the bucket instead of forcing jumpers.

Need to get WISC in foul trouble and let Paul do his thing.

You know Ron is going to have some big games offensively down the stretch.
Maybe Saturday is his turn

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT