ADVERTISEMENT

They were right.

And the coach got a big extension!!
Future is brighter than ever for RU. Pike is just getting started. Big schools were up his ass. We are lucky to have him. Still disappointed we could not keep Hofstra from going 13 for 16 ( or whatever they shot ) in overtime.

Future is brighter than ever for RU. Pike is just getting started. Big schools were up his ass. We are lucky to have him. Still disappointed we could not keep Hofstra from going 13 for 16 ( or whatever they shot ) in overtime.
Did they miss 3 shots? I remember 1

Griffiths
Let's see how he does in this system. At least he should have Spencer (hopefully) to take pressure off of him. Question is whether we can design an offense to take advantage of both of their shooting abilities. Jury out on that.

I love Pike. He’s a miracle worker. But come on. His endgame coaching down the stretch, especially at home, has been largely awful.
You can't put this all on Pike. He deserved all of our wrath after the Minny implosion. But tonight, I thought the kids on Hofstra played inspired ball. Cliff IMO was not Cliff tonight. He fumbled so many passes and catches. Caleb suddenly can't hit FT's and if Simpson, usually an excellent FT shooter doesn't miss in regulation on the 1 and 1, we're up 4 there and the game is over. Yes, we can blame Pike for a lot of things especially the way he runs his offense, but tonight, I don't fault him. Hofstra got hot and stayed hot throughout the night. Gotta give the other team credit too.

Did they miss 3 shots? I remember 1

My memory: they made every shot except 1 in OT.

Hofstra made miracle shot after miracle shot in OT. And we made a bunch of good shots too.

The OT doesn’t bother me too much - hofstra was unconscious. They shoot like that 1 out of 100 times. Miracle- level luck in OT

It was the YET ANOTHER MONUMENTAL CHOKE in regulation that bothers me

If we just just don’t CHOKE AGAIN than hofstra doesn’t have the chance for their lucky miracle heave-after-heave-a-thon in OT

Yeah. They had no business being within 15 of us. And their best player fouls out. This team is a joke. They deserved it.
Hey man, I'm just as pissed as you, but I'm trying not to go over the top in the forum. The ending to the season was just a gut punch all the way around. In a few days we're all going to get over this debacle and look forward to next season. I know I will.

You can't put this all on Pike. He deserved all of our wrath after the Minny implosion. But tonight, I thought the kids on Hofstra played inspired ball. Cliff IMO was not Cliff tonight. He fumbled so many passes and catches. Caleb suddenly can't hit FT's and if Simpson, usually an excellent FT shooter doesn't miss in regulation on the 1 and 1, we're up 4 there and the game is over. Yes, we can blame Pike for a lot of things especially the way he runs his offense, but tonight, I don't fault him. Hofstra got hot and stayed hot throughout the night. Gotta give the other team credit too.
This.

Simpson missing the foul shot and Cliff not corraling the rebound didn't help but Hofstra was unconscious shooting tonight. Would assume it was their season best percentage.

Committee 1, Whiney Bitches 0

We just lost to Hofstra. At home. The wheels fell off the bus a while ago. Some people are just unable to accept reality

Well - honestly it was a bad matchup anyway. Local team trying to prove they can hang vs team who expected to be dancing. Figured this would be the test and if they could get by they would roll. Too bad it didn’t work out.

Yeah, because the shots Hofstra made especially in OT always happens. NOT!

This season in particular if felt like end game we had a bunch of teams shoot lights out…

This.

Simpson missing the foul shot and Cliff not corraling the rebound didn't help but Hofstra was unconscious shooting tonight and would assume it was their season best percentage.
and most were ridiculous shots..the guy that banked it with no time on the shot clock was crazy. it happens. what does it matter? it was the NIT use this as motivation next year

Hey man, I'm just as pissed as you, but I'm trying not to go over the top in the forum. The ending to the season was just a gut punch all the way around. In a few days we're all going to get over this debacle and look forward to next season. I know I will.
I'm looking forward to half the team transferring out.

Reactions: RU MAN
You can't put this all on Pike. He deserved all of our wrath after the Minny implosion. But tonight, I thought the kids on Hofstra played inspired ball. Cliff IMO was not Cliff tonight. He fumbled so many passes and catches. Caleb suddenly can't hit FT's and if Simpson, usually an excellent FT shooter doesn't miss in regulation on the 1 and 1, we're up there and the game is over. Yes, we can blame Pike for a lot of things especially the way he runs his offense, but tonight, I don't fault him. Hofstra got hot and stayed hot throughout the night. Gotta give the other team credit too.
what team were you watching all year ? Cliff always fumbles, Caleb seems to alway miss critical FTs, etc. They played the way they always do, and like Minn the other team hit its shots

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT