ADVERTISEMENT

This is the best of our Pinstripe Bowls

Iowa State was a great day and win at pinstripe

Notre dame game was a pretty awful quality game and it sucked to lose to them when it was such a ripe chance to take a W against that program.

I see this game similar circumstances as the ND game. It’s a chance to put a W in the historical records against a brand name program that’s dominated us. We need to capitalize on it to advance our perception just a small step forward.
It was a fun day , but it was a shame that team pinstinked us

Agree with that. Definitely at QB. Nova was benched for Dodd. OL was pretty good. Jamison was over 1,000 yds. Coleman, Kroft, etc. D was pretty damn good laying the foundation for 2012.
Yes. The original post never said that this was the best team we had playing in the pinstripe.

Nova was fantastic in 2014. 2014 Nova was head and shoulders better than GW at that point in his career. He still made mistakes and ints, but he transformed into a good QB.
Yep. Experience and good coaching.
If schiano doesn’t burn nova’s redshirt in 2011, nova would have been very good in 2015 as a 5th year guy.
The whole path Rutgers football changes because flood would have probably survived another year.

Weather for Thursday looks like pretty good for football partly cloudy with high of 51. Good day for Kyle to exceed 150 yards and RU bring home a win

I am glad that your confident that Miami will stink, I don't think they will. I think it will be a tough game to win.
Think I read a lot of Miami players opted out, including the starting QB? Think RU wins this one mostly due to lack of motivation from the opposing team. Think RU will be way more motivated to get north of 0.500

Not buying it. We had some offense back then. Simulations are just that. OL thoughts are a stretch. But we’ll never know since it’s another era vs. era sports conversation and they are pretty useless.
And yet here you all are comparing lol.

All I will say is 2023 played the toughest schedule BY FAR of those teams. The BIG is not always pretty. It’s ugly. But you need a lot of good players to go 6-6 against the #2 toughest schedule in the country.

And this wasn’t even the OP’s point. He got derailed one post in.

All I will say is 2023 played the toughest schedule BY FAR of those teams. The BIG is not always pretty. It’s ugly. But you need a lot of good players to go 6-6 against the #2 toughest schedule in the country.

Yup. Sorry about the derailing haha. But even our vaunted 2006 team - playing this 2023 November schedule what's their record realistically? OSU, at Iowa, at PSU, UMD. 2-2? Remember it was just a year later that a 6-7 Maryland ran all over us and beat us at home. So maybe 1-3?

I didn’t tell anyone not to have the discussion. I was just responding to the initial comparison post. I still stand by my point that these comparisons are generally meaningless, but it’s a sports message board and we have discussions like that here. Fun to go down memory lane a little but that’s about it.

Loved that game. My son-in-law is a Michigan fan and he and his son attended their first game at Rutgers. Hahahaha!

I miss that aggressive D. Joe Rossi the DC.
Nova with over 400 yards. Carroo. Croft. Turzilli. Patton. I think 7 guys had at least two catches.
Ralph Friedgen the OC.

Last edited:
Loved that game. My son-in-law is a Michigan fan and he and his son attended their first game at Rutgers. Hahahaha!

I miss that aggressive D. Joe Rossi the DC.
Nova with over 400 yards. Carroo. Croft. Turzilli. Patton. I think 7 guys had at least two catches.
Ralph Friedgen the OC.
Rossi had terribile defenses . But they played well in the Michigan and and Penn state games that year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT