ADVERTISEMENT

They were right.

what team were you watching all year ? Cliff always fumbles, Caleb seems to alway miss critical FTs, etc. They played the way they always do, and like Minn the other team hit its shots
And what's your damn point?

You can't put this all on Pike. He deserved all of our wrath after the Minny implosion. But tonight, I thought the kids on Hofstra played inspired ball. Cliff IMO was not Cliff tonight. He fumbled so many passes and catches. Caleb suddenly can't hit FT's and if Simpson, usually an excellent FT shooter doesn't miss in regulation on the 1 and 1, we're up 4 there and the game is over. Yes, we can blame Pike for a lot of things especially the way he runs his offense, but tonight, I don't fault him. Hofstra got hot and stayed hot throughout the night. Gotta give the other team credit too.
No it’s definitely not all on Pike. Missing front-ends, layups, Hofstra white hot shooting. Nothing he can do about that. But he built a defense-oriented team that wilted down the stretch. They gave up a ton of points to the likes of Nebraska, Minnesota and now Hofstra -2 of those at home. That’s not even getting into the endgame stuff. Offensively, he deserves credit for taking the shrink wrap off Simpson, but the team was apparently too far into its tailspin. And credit to Hofstra, they outhustled our guys and got crazy hot. They’ll be a tough out for Cincy/VT.

Reactions: RUShea and RU MAN
Maybe I’m in the minority but this game had no implications on whether they deserved to be in the tournament.

We had a better resume and body of work (full season) than a number of teams that made it.

We certainly didn’t help ourselves in the last month and gave the committee plenty of reason to leave us out…but I’m not going to let an NIT game influence my thoughts on whether they deserved to be in.

Has nothing to do with the first 33 games.

So it’s the coach’s fault.

Let’s just have 10 players sit on the bench and just watch the 2 coaches coach.
I’m not solely blaming Pike, but such a poor defensive performance is a joint effort — both players and coaches share the burden. Especially when the program was built around a defensive identity

Reactions: billgumpper
I'm actually surprised that I'm seeing these comments in a game that more likely resembled a pick up game at the Livingston Gym.

The RU roster for this year team was only able to succeed playing a slower tempo game with the scores in the 60s. Any team that has multiple guards who can get past slower guards or guards that don't have elite quickness, was going to score points.

There's one guard who was able to play that type of game and look comfortable and that was Simpson.

The roster should have more help at guard with JaMicheal Davis next year to help Simpson and Gavin Griffiths will be able to knock down more shots from 2 and 3 next year.

If fans want to hold this game against the roster and Pike, you're beyond being realistic. Banked 3s, and Hofstra had more guards.

This year's team is not built to win games in the high 70s or low 80s vs anyone.

It's very likely that a Cincinnati or Virginia Tech team, built in a very similar way to Hofstra (just with better players) may have had the same success.

RU got as much as they could from a very limited, station to station offense for 95% of this season. Some more Simpson much earlier in the season likely would have helped RU get more comfortable in this type of game, but you needed another capable-up tempo guard or 2 to compliment him.

The bright spot is we found and have something for Simpson to build on this spring and summer. It's up to the staff to get him some help in the backcourt (maybe Deliquan Warren reclassifies and comes on board in 2023 with Gavin, Ngongo and Davis).

Hosfstra shot like 58%!! R U kidding me!!!
In front of a hostile crowd Hofstra had more scoring options on the court and played with poise at crunch time .Talent is more important than experience.

Sorry 11 minutes 45 seconds not 12 minutes. Thanks for correcting .
You’re welcome. Such a dick. Why are you here if you hate RU hoops so much? I believe I asked you that before and you didn’t answer. Did you work for the school and get canned? What is it? The bottom line is that if one rebound doesn’t skip off Cliff’s hand at the end we’re not having this conversation.

I'm actually surprised that I'm seeing these comments in a game that more likely resembled a pick up game at the Livingston Gym.

The RU roster for this year team was only able to succeed playing a slower tempo game with the scores in the 60s. Any team that has multiple guards who can get past slower guards or guards that don't have elite quickness, was going to score points.

There's one guard who was able to play that type of game and look comfortable and that was Simpson.

The roster should have more help at guard with JaMicheal Davis next year to help Simpson and Gavin Griffiths will be able to knock down more shots from 2 and 3 next year.

If fans want to hold this game against the roster and Pike, you're beyond being realistic. Banked 3s, and Hofstra had more guards.

This year's team is not built to win games in the high 70s or low 80s vs anyone.

It's very likely that a Cincinnati or Virginia Tech team, built in a very similar way to Hofstra (just with better players) may have had the same success.

RU got as much as they could from a very limited, station to station offense for 95% of this season. Some more Simpson much earlier in the season likely would have helped RU get more comfortable in this type of game, but you needed another capable-up tempo guard or 2 to compliment him.

The bright spot is we found and have something for Simpson to build on this spring and summer. It's up to the staff to get him some help in the backcourt (maybe Deliquan Warren reclassifies and comes on board in 2023 with Gavin, Ngongo and Davis).

Hmm seems like you’ve done a 180.

What happened to the explosive offense from all the bench guys that you promised us after Mag went down?

Lol!

You’re welcome. Such a dick. Why are you here if you hate RU hoops so much? I believe I asked you that before and you didn’t answer. Did you work for the school and get canned? What is it? The bottom line is that if one rebound doesn’t skip off Cliff’s hand at the end we’re not having this conversation.
I reject the premise.

You time checked me on 15 seconds I’m the dick? Lmao

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Maybe I’m in the minority but this game had no implications on whether they deserved to be in the tournament.

We had a better resume and body of work (full season) than a number of teams that made it.

We certainly didn’t help ourselves in the last month and gave the committee plenty of reason to leave us out…but I’m not going to let an NIT game influence my thoughts on whether they deserved to be in.

Has nothing to do with the first 33 games.
half the team didn't really care...you are correct. dumb thread

Oh the histrionics on this board. It's time to turn the page. I thank Caleb. They lost.. the other team shot out of their mind. It's still the NIT.

This isn't Virginia losing to Chaminade.. or Virginia losing to the 16th seed in the first round (thanks Virginia)

Excited for the future.

Reactions: tulloal
I reject the premise.

You time checked me on 15 seconds I’m the dick? Lmao
Care to answer my question about why you can’t stand this program? You seem to be more vocal after losses than wins.

Rutgers fell short, live with it and not whine about it.
Let the NIT disappointment give reason for Pike and staff
to make sure the 2023-2024 a sucessful one ,insted of a disapointing one like this season end up to be , because that look at what went wrong and make sure they have ways to overcome it with the type of game gay strategy that will make Rutgers harder to defend and the RU D does what it;s supposed to without fail

Care to answer my question about why you can’t stand this program? You seem to be more vocal after losses than wins.
Like hooop. Again answered and again eject your premise. In fact I made the same amount of obviously positive posts this week as what people here would say are “negative” posts, but for some reason people only respond and start conversations to the “negative” ones.

Hmm seems like you’ve done a 180.

What happened to the explosive offense from all the bench guys that you promised us after Mag went down?

Lol!

Another clueless comment.....the team scored plenty of points and the bench points went into the starting lineup, in case you missed the game.

Anyone using this game as a barometer to a B1G game, should not comment.

The team shot over 50% from the field, made plenty of shots. RU isn't built to play up and down, trading baskets like an Iowa.

Irregardless of what anyone says, RU played essentially 7 players tonight, because it's not a game where your opponent is going to post up and try and score.

Are Jalen Miller, Antonio Chol, Dean Reiber, Palmquist and Woolfolk the types of players meant for a Hofstra with 3 to 4 guards and PF??

RU went with its best 5 and 4 landed in double figures. It's not too complicated my friend.

Committee 1, Whiney Bitches 0

We just lost to Hofstra. At home. The wheels fell off the bus a while ago. Some people are just unable to accept reality
You know next to nothing about basketball . Hofstra was the # 1 team in the Colonial and beat Charleston in the regular season . They Made a ridiculous amount of shots even banked in a few. There was little defense played by both teams almost all night and supposedly Hofstra is # 1 in the Colonial on defense. . The legs must be too heavy after the conference grind.as the intensity was not there. Did not expect them to shoot 70 % in the second half and OT. Give Hofstra credit. They hit tough shots . They were down 5 with 30 seconds., hit a really difficult 3 , fouled , Derek missed the front end , took another ridiculous shot that somehow with 4 players underneath , the ball bounces high and Cliff cannot handle and their big hits a 6-8 footer. Kenpom says we are 352 in luck. Sounds about right.

Reactions: NiTeKnight
Like hooop. Again answered and again eject your premise. In fact I made the same amount of obviously positive posts this week as what people here would say are “negative” posts, but for some reason people only respond and start conversations to the “negative” ones.
You made no sense again and didn’t answer the question. What’s your axe to grind? Your positive posts are few and far between. Anyway, if we grab that one offensive rebound when we need to, this discussion is moot. No need to trash a program or coaching staff based on when their leading scorer went out when it didn’t matter in the end.

You made no sense again and didn’t answer the question. What’s your axe to grind? Your positive posts are few and far between. Anyway, if we grab that one offensive rebound when we need to, this discussion is moot. No need to trash a program or coaching staff based on when their leading scorer went out when it didn’t matter in the end.
No one trashed anyone. You make stuff up in your mind.

Sojo has a bunch of axes to grind, but when confronted or questioned about it…he ghosts you.

I’m waiting for him to tell me why he hates the Lenape highschool coach (Simpsons coach) and along with the Belzer guy (RU alum) who does a lot with NIL with various schools.

Sojo has a bunch of axes to grind, but when confronted or questioned about it…he ghosts you.

I’m waiting for him to tell me why he hates the Lenape highschool coach (Simpsons coach) and along with the Belzer guy (RU alum) who does a lot with NIL with various schools.
I’ve answered these already you know this

Yeah. They had no business being within 15 of us. And their best player fouls out. This team is a joke. They deserved it.
Why do you say they shouldn’t have been within 15 of us ? Do you have any clue they finished 1st in the Colonial and beat Charleston ? Do you expect to beat a good team by 15 when they shoot like 70% in the second half on mostly tough difficult or ridiculous shots ? They didn’t run any great offense , just let their guys go it alone and again we’re unconscious. If anything was disappointing was our lack of giving any rebounding effort for the shots that missed in the first half and part of the second.

I’ve answered these already you know this

Actually I specifically asked you last week about why you have axes to grind with this guys (which you first denied) and then you ghosted the thread.

So no - you did not answer.

I would love to hear it though, very curious.

I don’t think it’s as simple as this, especially regarding next year.

But yes, I’m excited for the future despite the disappointing finish.

Actually I specifically asked you last week about why you have axes to grind with this guys (which you first denied) and then you ghosted the thread.

I’ve answered both just use the search feature I just did and the replies are there

Who are you to call out Sojo.... You've been googling over Pike since day one and tonight's game showed he once again got out coached

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT