ADVERTISEMENT

This game did not help the “Fire Ash” cause

Lol. We are so used to garbage we are happy we don’t get blown out
I’m not disagreeing. I’m just saying, if we play Michigan PSU and MSU like this, Ash can make an argument that he deserves to stay another year.

It’s not a good argument, or the one that we want.

So not getting run out of the stadium in a complete embarassment is reason to keep Ash now? This thread is absurd.

the only reason we didnt lose by 30 is because of their turnovers and them easing off the gas in the 4th quarter. At no point were we ever a threat to actually win the game.

Recruiting is in the toilet, attendance is in the toilet.... losing by 2 touchdowns when we were supposed to lose by 4 doesnt change that. there is no reason at all to retain this coach other than to be cheap/save money

So not getting run out of the stadium in a complete embarassment is reason to keep Ash now? This thread is absurd.

the only reason we didnt lose by 30 is because of their turnovers and them easing off the gas in the 4th quarter. At no point were we ever a threat to actually win the game.

Recruiting is in the toilet, attendance is in the toilet.... losing by 2 touchdowns when we were supposed to lose by 4 doesnt change that. there is no reason at all to retain this coach other than to be cheap/save money
I'm not an Ash fan but hell with that them easing off the gas crap. I'm gonna give the team credit for battling today as well as in the last game.

Two TDs against a Wiscy D of mostly 2s? Big F'in deal.

It's still all about the recruiting and development failures in both lines. Next year's DL is shaping up as absolutely putrid and so far he has one Baby Huey verballed who's probably 3 years away from the 2-deep.

I'm sure Lumor-Tverdov-Turner-Mason will strike fear in the hearts of every B1G OC next season. And the back-ups, Battle-Kromah-Duggan-Thomas? Ouch.

You guys are too funny. The whole second half they were without their starting quarterback who was playing catch up in the first half having had a serious concussion the week before. They ran the ball 12 straight times in the second half and we couldn't stop them. Their offense was incredibly vanilla in the second half and we still lost the game. Ash is gone at the end of the year

Reactions: soundcrib
But he's going go get some "plug and play" JUCO linemen. Nevermind the fact good ones don't grow on trees and it'll be just as hard to recruit good JUCO linemen as it is good HS linemen. And we've seen how well he's done in that area.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Not sure why Wisconsin did not make a greater commitment to the running game the entire first half. We never showed that we could stop them. That was evident in the second half.

Reactions: graystork
Not sure why Wisconsin did not make a greater commitment to the running game the entire first half. We never showed that we could stop them. That was evident in the second half.

Treated our game like a scrimmage.

They wanted to work on their passing game.

This should NOT save ash from being fired ASAP!!!!

Reactions: cicero grimes
Yep, the team is doing now what it should've been doing his first year. Bravo Ash. This game certainly didn't help the "Save Ash"cause either.

Wonder if Chryst was helping Ash so he doesn't get fired. That way the team continues to suck and they continue to get players like Taylor from NJ.
Stop. If he thinks Ash sucks and will get fired then it will only “save” him for another week.

I dont think we are improving..... I think other teams compassion for us, (or desire to keep Chris Ash at our helm) is increasing
Over thinking it. It is OK to say we suck but we are improving. Wisky Runs the ball well and did. Not like they were a passing team that put third and fourth string RBs in to run the ball in the second half

I dont think we are improving..... I think other teams compassion for us, (or desire to keep Chris Ash at our helm) is increasing

I think teams scout us and decide they aren’t going to install a game plan specific to us. I bet teams run their base stuff against us and game plan ahead. For example, it wouldn’t surprise me if NW practiced stuff they were going to run Wisconsin and simply never called it against us. At this point, we are the “let’s just get through the week with no injuries and the win” opponent.

Reactions: rucoe89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT