ADVERTISEMENT

This is not gonna be popular but

ImBadRU

All American
Apr 3, 2002
I think it's time to move on from Cliff. He has really bad hands, cannot shoot a jumper, takes wild out of control shots, and frankly gets eaten by decent athletic centers. He does not box out and bc of bad hands loses too many rebounds. He does not play mean...at all. Roy Hinson who was built similarly was mean rebounded blocked shots and had a decent jumper. I love Cliff, great story, great person but is just a pedestrian player. I think we could find a way better player in the portal.

There are many other problems of course.

I think it's time to move on from Cliff. He has really bad hands, cannot shoot a jumper, takes wild out of control shots, and frankly gets eaten by decent athletic centers. He does not box out and bc of bad hands loses too many rebounds. He does not play mean...at all. Roy Hinson who was built similarly was mean rebounded blocked shots and had a decent jumper. I love Cliff, great story, great person but is just a pedestrian player. I think we could find a way better player in the portal.

Na he definitely deserves one more year. Though I agree, disappointed this season. Still just a flusher on offense. Dunking isn't enough.

Bro you start some semi-controversial thread with no real insight after every game. Give it up

I am going with the story that Cliff was either hurt or they told him to take it easy not to get hurt

There is no way one of those isnt true after seeing his effort tonight

So I totally disagree with your post here. Cliff at 100% will be a key part we need next year
He did get hurt early in the first, I saw him come out and hold his leg, trainer came over

Wait - now Clif is hurt too? Along with Paul?
Did Clif get hurt against Purdue?

I don’t remember anyone saying anything about him being hurt during the BTT against UM and Purdue. Maybe I just missed it.

If all these guys are hurt and it’s effecting them so much, why is Pike continuing to play them? Especially in the somewhat meaning less NIT.

Should have saved everyone some time and said, "this is a really stupid idea - let's get rid of Cliff" so we all could've avoided opening the thread.

Wait - now Clif is hurt too? Along with Paul?
Did Clif get hurt against Purdue?

I don’t remember anyone saying anything about him being hurt during the BTT against UM and Purdue. Maybe I just missed it.

If all these guys are hurt and it’s effecting them so much, why is Pike continuing to play them? Especially in the somewhat meaning less NIT.
Cliff clearly hurt his left ankle in the first half.

We need cliff back next year.

I have NO idea why we throw the ball into him when he is outside of the paint down low. The staff seems to do very little in helping cliff get to a favorable spot. It feels like they just say, "go post up down low". It's 4th grade shit. His shooting percentage on shots over 5 feet away from the hoop was brutal.

All pike has to do is watch some other b1g teams to see how they work to get in a great position (close to the hoop) down low.

Cliff went out often because of fouls, bad ones, unnecessary ones. He also went out at the same time as others. So if we did do poorly after he was out it was not just him. Third, he is not a great player, he is good, but will only get you so far, which is really not far enuff. If he comes back and if he improves that would be great. If he goes I believe we can get a better 5 who can play defense and score and rebound. There are reasons why he is not on any draft board.

Cliff went out often because of fouls, bad ones, unnecessary ones. He also went out at the same time as others. So if we did do poorly after he was out it was not just him. Third, he is not a great player, he is good, but will only get you so far, which is really not far enuff. If he comes back and if he improves that would be great. If he goes I believe we can get a better 5 who can play defense and score and rebound. There are reasons why he is not on any draft board.
So we will just replace Cliff with a 5 on NBA draft boards. It's so simple

Not at all. Get a more polished all around college 5. Many other schools have them.

I agree he has horrible hands and loses too many rebounds but I still want him on my team. Wasn’t he second or third team all big?

I agree that his hands and post moves need work, and I definitely want him back if he chooses to return, but I think the thing he needs more of is strength on the block. Is he incredibly athletic? No doubt. People complain he gets the ball too far away from the basket, but I think a lot of that has to do with his defender pushing him out there and he doesnt have that "traditional center" frame to set up down low and stay there. Think he gets pushed around a little too much in the post, both offensively and defensively and his athleticism makes up for it some of the time.

Do you realize that boy Roy and Cliff averaged 7 rebounds a game in the college careers? Cliff averaged over 9 a game this year and Roy never averaged that many in a year. Your narrative sounds better without facts.

Reactions: tm_nj
Roy was a great shot blocker. I realize you know that. Still remember UCLA game where Stuart Gray took one shot and Roy sent ball to 5th row. Mike Sanders guarded Roy in 2nd half and he was 6'6".

Did OP watch this season? 95% of the time the second Cliff went out the other team made a run

All season long . How can people like the OP not recognize the HUGE drop off behind cliff. Team’s repeatedly went on runs when Cliff went out.

Cliff goes - who replaces him next year? Who? Good luck finding a transfer like him. Good luck. And don’t tell me wolf. Nice player maybe but no where close to cliff.

Yea cliff has some shortcomings (and the OP cited some of them) but he is still the most important part of this team right now.

Monumentally bad take

I think it's time to move on from Cliff. , cannot shoot a jumper, takes wild out of control shots,

Actually last night he was hitting some jumpers so if he can work on that and continue hitting those it will be a big boost.

The rest of your post is just stupid, he was clearly not himself last night but regardless, he will continue to improve, and hopefully he comes back for another year.

Ur so dense. I work at psu. Wutever tho. Cliff is way over rated imho.

Zach Edey and maybe Hunter Dickinson are maybe better.....which big man in the B1G or around the country is better......??

2nd team all B1G, 1st team all defense is practically a lock next year.

This is a 5-15 B1G roster in 13th place with any other B1G man on it, outside of Edey or Dickinson.

Zach Edey and maybe Hunter Dickinson are maybe better.....which big man in the B1G or around the country is better......??

2nd team all B1G, 1st team all defense is practically a lock next year.

This is a 5-15 B1G roster in 13th place with any other B1G man on it, outside of Edey or Dickinson.
Next level and potential aside.
I’d take:
Rebraca
Dainja
Jackson Davis
Health Key
In a second to win a single game

Did OP watch this season? 95% of the time the second Cliff went out the other team made a run
Yup - bad, bad take by OP.
Get Cliff the ball more on the move, rolls after ball screens, alley oops, basket cuts etc - ditch the low post game unless he's got a mismatch and he's all B1G next season.

We NEED Cliff. Cliffnis a good player. He needs to improve though that is true. He did not take a step from last year to this one other than FT shooting.

Na he definitely deserves one more year. Though I agree, disappointed this season. Still just a flusher on offense. Dunking isn't enough.
Rutgers needs a assistant coach that can teach centers post moves around the basket.Cliff should be further along in being a offensive threat.I agree that Cliff looked like he was playing with a injury.

Rutgers needs a assistant coach that can teach centers post moves around the basket.Cliff should be further along in being a offensive threat.I agree that Cliff looked like he was playing with a injury.
We have been saying that since he joined the team. Never happens lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT