ADVERTISEMENT

This team has to win ugly

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
It's pretty much the way it was the second half of last year. It's an offensively challenged team that is capable of playing elite level defense. It's who we are. We need to turn games into rock fights to beat good teams. They did it enough last year to make the tournament. Once they got there they were within a hair of the sweet sixteen and a not unrealistic path to the Final Four had they not blown the Houston game. Tonight they have to frustrate an offense minded DePaul team and put them in a type of game they don't want to play

i think we’ll be fine but i do think we’re a little behind the times. it’s fine if defense is a coach’s main focus but you can’t just neglect the offense. the way basketball is heading u need shooters, shooters and more shooters and we have 2 or 3 decent ones but that’s about it

Well against NJIT Ron and Geo scored, hell Geo was great(8 for 10). I think long term Jones and Hyatt can score relatively consistently. It would be great if Caleb could rediscover his mid-range and foul shooting from his first couple years. I thought Paul started to come around in the second half of last season. I think we have a chance to be pretty good if the above happens and I think it can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT