ADVERTISEMENT

Tidbits - Howard Bison (Don't underestimate this team)

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
- Howard Bison are 2-2 and play in the MEAC.

- Their wins have been against Hampton (12 points) and Boston University (11 points) - who we have played.

- Their losses have been to Georgia Tech (3 points) and James Madison (21 points) - the latter the team that beat Michigan State.

- Head Coach is Kenneth Blakeney formerly of Duke.

- Blakeney made news several years ago when he recruited a 5* - Makur Maker - to Howard. I believe Maker is playing in the G League.

- Last year's squad went 16-13.

- Star players are: G Elijah Harris (18 PPG) / G Markus Dockery (14 PPG) and F Seth Towns - formerly of Harvard and Ohio State.

- Local player is a Freshman - Jordan Atkins - of Rutgers Prep via South Orange NJ. He has yet to play.

- Team is averaging 81 PPG over 4 games and has averaged giving up 82 PPG to date.

- Overall Free Throw Shooting is 76%.

- Team averages 20 3 point attempts per game.

Sounds like they are better than the UMass team that beat us two years ago. Good thing they don't have Noah Fernandez.

1. Can we sleep on them
2. Is BE phil skipping this game to go to monmouth-princeton
3. Is the band and the oh la la girls going to be there
Lol. Good one! 😂

Doubleheader for me tomorrow !

Luckily the Monmouth Princeton game is at 2pm so I will make both games.

Once Monmouth game ends , I will be zooming up route 18!

Imagine the meltdown on this board if Monmouth wins!

It’s November 18 and I will have seen Princeton play live twice.

We'll be driving home from Happy Valley during tip off, unless we stop and watch the game on my phone, which is kind of small, lol...

We'll be driving home from Happy Valley during tip off, unless we stop and watch the game on my phone, which is kind of small, lol...
And what a joyous ride it should be after the big RU upset over #12 Pedd State...leaving a not so Happy Valley.

Lol. Good one! 😂

Doubleheader for me tomorrow !

Luckily the Monmouth Princeton game is at 2pm so I will make both games.

Once Monmouth game ends , I will be zooming up route 18!

Imagine the meltdown on this board if Monmouth wins!

It’s November 18 and I will have seen Princeton play live twice.

Don't you people have wives/families lol

Reactions: zebnatto
- Howard Bison are 2-2 and play in the MEAC.

- Their wins have been against Hampton (12 points) and Boston University (11 points) - who we have played.

- Their losses have been to Georgia Tech (3 points) and James Madison (21 points) - the latter the team that beat Michigan State.

- Head Coach is Kenneth Blakeney formerly of Duke.

- Blakeney made news several years ago when he recruited a 5* - Makur Maker - to Howard. I believe Maker is playing in the G League.

- Last year's squad went 16-13.

- Star players are: G Elijah Harris (18 PPG) / G Markus Dockery (14 PPG) and F Seth Towns - formerly of Harvard and Ohio State.

- Local player is a Freshman - Jordan Atkins - of Rutgers Prep via South Orange NJ. He has yet to play.

- Team is averaging 81 PPG over 4 games and has averaged giving up 82 PPG to date.

- Overall Free Throw Shooting is 76%.

- Team averages 20 3 point attempts per game.
This is all great and dandy but how do they actually matchup against RU's strengths and weaknesses.

I underestimated Rutgers ability to win by 5, considering the doomsday report about Howard. 😉
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Happy So Excited GIF by TikTok

82-57 Princeton wins. Wonder if the basketball matchup means a Monmouth vs. Princeton football matchup, too?

When we play Purdue I want to see a don't underestimate or don't sleep on Purdue.

Evrerytime we have a warning about a team we steamroll them.
It will be an interesting matchup this year. The first time in a while that Rutgers won't have a height advantage and length advantage on the perimeter with Mulcahy and McConnell. It will be speed vs speed with Smith and Loyer vs. Fernandes and Simpson.

It will be an interesting matchup this year. The first time in a while that Rutgers won't have a height advantage and length advantage on the perimeter with Mulcahy and McConnell. It will be speed vs speed with Smith and Loyer vs. Fernandes and Simpson.
Cliff will like not having pitbulls running after him everytime he touches the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT