ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Eatman

The team is 3-21, I think though they just fired their coach and he’s the new one starting around now? Not that he was there the whole year? Not sure

I'll echo, seems like a nice guy, with the exception of how he handled Liz and Lasha. And I will say, listening to his postgame conferences, he was teaching. Some of those things did show in improved play in the last handful of games. That success at the end also due, in large part, to him finally settling on a smaller rotation of the right players. Took waaaaaayyy too long to get there.

As a fan, last year with Tim was easily the most frustrating season I've ever endured.....of any and all sports I've ever followed.

We'll get a chance to see if in the next few years, he has his system fully incorporated and SC State sees marked improvement. He's in a good spot to prove that he can coach. That program has nowhere to go but up.

Nadine, on the other hand, has slightly improved on the records of the past few seasons at Virginia St. Still would have loved to see her step in for Tim at some point early last season. So much talent wasted.

He’s over his head at South Carolina State. Their record speaks volumes. I feel sorry for those players.
So was his predecessor Audra Smith who started off with a 16-16 record her first year there but wound up with a 24-73 record in her 5 years there.
Before Audra ,Tonya Mackey had a 43 -73 record in her 4 years there.
Tim isn't good HCing material in my opinion, but the Lady Bulldog HC position doesn't look look a receipt for success by anyone that takes it.

So was his predecessor Audra Smith who started off with a 16-16 record her first year there but wound up with a 24-73 record in her 5 years there.
Before Audra ,Tonya Mackey had a 43 -73 record in her 4 years there.
Tim isn't good HCing material in my opinion, but the Lady Bulldog HC position doesn't look look a receipt for success by anyone that takes it.
Audra was at Clemson for a while, and apparently UAB. She got some money in a settlement for being fired, apparently for exceeding her travel budget and not following Covid protocols. I'm pretty sure she isn't a great head coach IIRC, she has moved on and is VP of Play4Kay, a subsidiary of the Kay Yow Fund.

Mackey was an alum, not sure if she had any other head coaching experience.

In any case, the whole scenarios make one think that, as you say, it probably is nowhere you want to be the coach.

Reactions: MADHAT1
the Lady Bulldog HC position doesn't look look a receipt for success by anyone that takes it.

In any case, the whole scenarios make one think that, as you say, it probably is nowhere you want to be the coach.
I don't know that we can put it on the school. If a person that can coach and recruit takes the job, they can win. They seem to have been unfortunate in retaining that kind of coach. I'm sure resources play a role.

If there's anything that CVS taught us, her Cheyney St example says that if you have what it takes, the location or lack of resources don't extinguish the opportunity that is presented. Makes it tough but not un-doable.

Some of us, including myself, thought Illinois just wasn't a place for success. This year taught me, things can change with the right hire bringing new energy.

All that said, ....Hopefully, Tim can surprise us and see great levels of success at SC St. (for the players/student body's sake, at the very least)

Tim Eatman could not be successful coaching a middle school CYO team!
At one time Tim did win:
In 1989, the women's basketball team at Talladega College posted a 0-26 record. After he was appointed head coach the next season, the Tornadoes improved to a 20-9 record.

But as the University of Illinois Chicago Women's Basketball Head Coach Tim didn't fare too well
Resigning after4 years with 44-71 record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT