ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight Exhibit A how defense doesn’t win games

I’m at every game. If you watch, be perfectly honest. There’s a lot of wide open looks from the other team that miss simply from execution. It goes both ways. At SOME point you need to score more consistently and stop hoping banking on holding good teams under 60 just to stay close to pull it out .
What? Guys miss wide-open shots? In basketball? Somebody alert the media!

Did the OP say Indiana played better defense than us and won?

Change the thread title.

All I know is they are a really good team and we beat them by 15 on our court. The theme in almost all of our games has been we blow teams out at home and win or keep it pretty close on the road. You don’t do either of those without great Defense.

Reactions: RUDutch
The reason we won 16 games this year with our talent level is defense. The reason we are competitive the last few years is defense. Dumb post by the OP.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
By definition offense will always be more important because the team with the most points wins.Defense keeps teams in games by minimizing scoring from the opponent.Offense has changed dramatically with the introduction of the 3 point shot.Teams that win tournaments usually excell at both ends of the court.

I disagree here. Defensive rebounding was mediocre against IU. If we play harder in that regard we absolutely win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT