ADVERTISEMENT

Top RB to Syracuse

lets see. is there problem for you understanding that larry csonka and floyd little played in same backfield at syracuse, both all americans , both pro hof players ?? must be a totally foreign and difficult concept for ya.

Doesn't matter who played alongside who many years ago in the fruit's back field many years ago, when the fruit were a respectable program.
What matters is if this recruit will honor his commitment to a has been program or find a program that isn't as putrid as the fruit has become .
Take this advise:
tumblr_n68ni3Mhcp1s751i1o1_500.gif

I swear there are people who make phony accounts to make rutgers fans look bad. Like the idiot who called him a knucklehead

lets see. is there problem for you understanding that larry csonka and floyd little played in same backfield at syracuse, both all americans , both pro hof players ?? must be a totally foreign and difficult concept for ya.

...no, easy to understand, just like we understand that it took place when people 47 years old and under weren't born yet.

Joe P.

Thanks for the 50 yr old history lesson when they were making TVs with rabbit ears:p. That's almost as funny as believing Strickland will be the next Flood Little or Larry Csonka, or Sadexcuse fball ever being close to what it once was. Love those AMC Gremlins, oh wait, that car came out in the '70s... :p:p:p:p:p

God I hate the fact this new version of the board lets all the old trolls back on.

SEE YA!

Reactions: NickyNewark51
God I hate the fact this new version of the board lets all the old trolls back on.

SEE YA!

Is Parochial League the infamous d'bag NCAAballz or something like that? How's Villanova football and Uncle Ed doing? LOL I think Villanova will now get their long anticipated invite to the Big East Football Conference and play Georgetown on Thanksgiving day lol

Reactions: Shoeless Joe #1
Maybe Robert Washington wants to play football in a half empty tent with no air conditioning. People make choices for their own reasons... We didn't offer him though so no loss for us.

Media capital of the world? Yikes. Someone tweet that kid a link to Google Maps.

He also said he has decided to attend the "University of Syracuse", which I'm pretty sure is in Greece. (Pssst ... hey kid ...you just committed to Syracuse University, not the U. of S.)

Given his about face with Florida and his intentions to continue to take official visits, I'd say there is at least a 50-50 chance he flips before February.

No wonder Flood didn't want any part of this knuckle head.
Syracuse is on Sicily, part of Italy, smart ass.

RUich "They still sell the #42 thing. Everyone thinks they will be the next Ernie Davis, etc."

This kid could be the next Ernie Davis, Like Davis he can not read or write his own name. Florida passed on him because they knew he would not make it past the clearing house. hey the kid said it himself Syracuse is the at the media capital , the kid is not too bright. Penn State is closer to NYC.

Wonder what Dontae Strickland is thinking now...oh well DB will have to do up in the ACC polar hinterand.

Dontae is sweating out his SAT scores.....he took the most recent one in April and, up to this test, has not gotten the grade to go to college yet...

Syracuse fans await his most recent result from the April SAT....

RUich "They still sell the #42 thing. Everyone thinks they will be the next Ernie Davis, etc."

This kid could be the next Ernie Davis, Like Davis he can not read or write his own name. Florida passed on him because they knew he would not make it past the clearing house. hey the kid said it himself Syracuse is the at the media capital , the kid is not too bright. Penn State is closer to NYC.

You do know "the number" is Not 42, don't you? Lol

Doesn't matter who played alongside who many years ago in the fruit's back field many years ago, when the fruit were a respectable program.
What matters is if this recruit will honor his commitment to a has been program or find a program that isn't as putrid as the fruit has become .
Take this advise:
tumblr_n68ni3Mhcp1s751i1o1_500.gif

557419_476380759061499_498038049_n.jpg

Why all the hate on this kid? This entire thread is prett pathetic. Not every kid has us on the top of their list. I am sure there are dozen boards for other schools that can write just as vicious things about RU and kids who commit here. I really dont get the hate, when frankly i dont think Rutgers was even looking at him.

Bottom line Is 4,000 or so recruits make a very bad decision every year by either going to a football factory, or a school that doesn't measure up to Rutgers. They all make bad decisions for not choosing RU. Every kid that goes better is a folower, every kid that goes weaker is an idiot.

Lets not make our fanbase look stupid, wish all of these 17 year olds good luck....at least they will all have internet at the schools they choose

Last edited:
Considering this kid is really close with Haskins it's pretty dumb to me mocking him on a public board.

Aside from who we root for in athletics some of these SU guys are no different than us and many of us have friends who grew up for whatever reason SU fans. And like us some have class and some don't. I save the hating for game day and the look on Doug Marrones face when we affect sudden change and return a blocked kick for a TD. "Every effin year" out of DMs mouth while he was blowing a gasket was priceless.

Reactions: redking
Welcome to the best college football team in all of Onondaga County, New York, Robert!

Based on the timeline and articles I've seen, along with the reports of a non-commitable offer to Florida, a contradictory bleacher report video, and a last minute flip and surprise Syracuse commitment., Syracuse fans and coaches alike should rest easy; this is clearly a rock solid commitment that should last well into June or maybe even early July.

I don't criticize a recruits decision for attending a particular school.

For recruits with NFL aspirations, they know you have to play and put up the numbers.

Examples, Aaron Donald was a rivals 3-Star recruit from WPA. Had he gone to OSU would he have played enough to earn an NFL 1st round pick. Who knows.

New Jersey native TJ Clemmings was criticized by some on this board for picking Pitt, yet TJ is now being projected to be an NFL 1st round draft pick this year.

Rivals 4-star Tennessee recruit Dewayne Hendrix is transferring to Pitt for the opportunity for more playing time.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I don't criticize a recruits decision for attending a particular school.

For recruits with NFL aspirations, they know you have to play and put up the numbers.

Examples, Aaron Donald was a rivals 3-Star recruit from WPA. Had he gone to OSU would he have played enough to earn an NFL 1st round pick. Who knows.

New Jersey native TJ Clemmings was criticized by some on this board for picking Pitt, yet TJ is now being projected to be an NFL 1st round draft pick this year.

Rivals 4-star Tennessee recruit Dewayne Hendrix is transferring to Pitt for the opportunity for more playing time.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

No one knows if Aaron would have cracked the Buckeye roster or not.
Implying his not going to OSU made him NFL worthy is pure speculation.

TJ went to Pitt as a DE I believe, he was moved to the OL by Pitt after signing his LOI thinking he was going to play DE there.
So can't say his choosing to play for Pitt caused him to be a top NFL prospect, changing positions did that and I will give Pitt credit for
talking Clemmings into accepting the change. Rutgers also moves players to other positions, so can't say playing at Pitt made TJ's NFL star rise more than if he chose Rutgers and switched positions or remained at DE and his defensive talent was enhanced by the coaching and proved to be he type of DE the NFL covets

Dewayne Hendrix couldn't crack the Volts rotation, so he chose to find a school that he had a better shot at getting into games. Many kids do that and some make the right choice and earn a place in depth chart while others fade into obscurity.
We'll see what happens to Dewayne and if he gets playing time because he's good,Pitt's weak at his position or he never leaves the bench . It's to early to tell what transferring to Pitt does for his college career, only that it wasn't looking too good at Tennessee and he left for greener pastures.

Wish all three success and if going to Pitt helps then reach their goals, more power to them in choosing the Panthers FB program to help them get where they want to be

Last edited:
No one knows if Aaron would have cracked the Buckeye roster or not.
Implying his not going to OSU made him NFL worthy is pure speculation.

TJ went to Pitt as a DE I believe, he was moved to the OL by Pitt after signing his LOI thinking he was going to play DE there.
So can't say his choosing to play for Pitt caused him to be a top NFL prospect, changing positions did that and I will give Pitt credit for
talking Clemmings into accepting the change. Rutgers also moves players to other positions, so can't say playing at Pitt made TJ's NFL star rise more than if he chose Rutgers and switched positions or remained at DE and his defensive talent was enhanced by the coaching and proved to be he type of DE the NFL
Yes I remember that recruiting year a little jealously when Pitt nabbed him and Bryan Murphy a beastly HS LBer...wht happened to Bryan Murphy at Pitt? I thought he was gonna be a beast !?!

I have no idea why the kid selected Cuse or if he will stick but if he does and if he is a pretty good talent, it really isn't all that dumb on his part. I do not like Cuse fans and the city is a shit show, it is a joke to claim NYC but they are the only game in the State of NY. If he has a mother in Ct, it makes a lot of sense and he really will get a good chance to play. Cuse is in the ACC and not the AAC. I'm not sure why anyone acts like he would not have a chance to showcase himself. He will.

OK- so, he may miss out on winter practices before bowl games but hopefully, he won't need them.

Meh. Productive RB's are one of the easier positions to fill. Their oline was a joke from the little I saw of them. It won't matter who they have back there. Even so, I have $100 that says this kid never plays a game in their uniform.

I wonder why we didn't offer? We are closer to his mom AND IN the NYC market !?! Maybe unknown issues?

Hey guys,

Nice to back on this forum, It only takes one solid recruit to get the momentum back in recruiting, You guts should know this when Rice flipped to your program.

A little insight on what might have happened here - looks like a case of a kid committing to a school because they recruited him long before some bigger name schools came calling. It was a suprise to Michigan fans that he was still listing us because Michigan already has two rb verbals and doesn't have room for a third (he would have been a take prior to the second kid commiting). But the reason he gave was he had the longest standing relationship with Michigan's rb coach Tyrone Wheatly...going back to when Wheatly coached at Syracuse. Wheatly left Syracuse in 2012 so doing the math they were on him when he was a freshman in HS. So looks like a case of going with the school that's been on you the longest mixed with some other schools filling up.

Does Syracuse provide a chance for these recruits to do a wiki search on all these famous Cuse football players? I'm old enough to be the kid's father & these names mean nothing to me. The only reason I know Ernie Davis is because of the movie & Jim Brown because he was a cranky old man in the early 80s who wanted to come back in the NFL so Franco Harris & Walter Payton wouldn't break his rushing record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT