ADVERTISEMENT

Tough day for Cliff but had the defensive play of the game

He made up a lot of ground on that block on the last shot of the game. Possibly a season saving play. Man did we need this one.
Still close to a double double. He’s not as bad as everyone says he is. He’s only played the sport for 7-8 years. Edy is similar but played baseball and hockey and had the hand/eye coordination. Think Cliff only played soccer.

Reactions: tm_nj and Scangg
Still close to a double double. He’s not as bad as everyone says he is. He’s only played the sport for 7-8 years. Edy is similar but played baseball and hockey and had the hand/eye coordination. Think Cliff only played soccer.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m a big Cliff fan and supporter. But he was having a rough game. I’m sure he would say the same thing. Incredible defense to seal the win however.

Tough day on offense.

However maybe his defensive game of the year besides Purdue. How many blocks he had in the second half. Not just the last shot but blocking easy layups, more than he missed, so a net positive. Must’ve been like 4 or 5. Wisconsin had ONE 2-point basket the entire second half

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a big Cliff fan and supporter. But he was having a rough game. I’m sure he would say the same thing. Incredible defense to seal the win however.
Yeah he doesn’t know how to take a little off. You don’t always need to force it. That he’d know if he played since young.

Im sorry but again, the other team has ONE !!! 1 1 1 basket the ENTIRE SECOND HALF and Cliff has like 5 FIVE blocks on easy layups and you’re going to make AN ENTIRE NEW THREAD SAYING HE HAD A BAD DAY
I just said he had the play of the game. I’m hardly dragging the guy.

Im sorry but again, the other team has ONE !!! 1 1 1 basket the ENTIRE SECOND HALF and Cliff has like 5 FIVE blocks on easy layups and you’re going to make AN ENTIRE NEW THREAD SAYING HE HAD A BAD DAY
Wisconsin had 1 basket the entire second half? What are you talking about?

I think some really minor lower body thing is nagging Cliff. Just a guess, but he hasn’t been as aggressive on dunks, over the 2-3 games. as he usually is. And I can think of no reason for that except some minor lower body issue causing him to not want to push off as hard when jumping.

He clearly *can* jump, but seems to avoiding it at times. All the athletes who’ve had little nagging injuries that put them slightly off their game know what I’m talking about. Not an injury that prevents playing, just something that hurts enough to affect you. Nasty blisters on the bottom of a foot, is an example.

Reactions: Scangg
Tough day on offense.

However maybe his defensive game of the year besides Purdue. How many blocks he had in the second half. Not just the last shot but blocking easy layups, more than he missed, so a net positive. Must’ve been like 4 or 5. Wisconsin had ONE 2-point basket the entire second half
The One 2-point basket explains how Wisky only lost by one point considering they shot 22% in the second half. The shots they did make were all threes except for the one two-pointer.

He received the ball several times right at the rim and missed.
That’s just who he is. He was a soccer player before picking up the sport 7-8 years ago. He hasn’t been playing basketball since young. Cut him some slack.

Reactions: tm_nj
If Cliff would just learn to use the back board on shots, he would be a 20 and 10 player every game. Not everything is a dunk and line drive shot.

Man I hope he comes back and works like hell on his post up moves because if he does he will be the BIG player of the year along with his defensive prowess. Cliff left 10-12 easy pts on the floor today.

Cliff is good but he can be THAT good with the use of the board on shots.

GO RU

Last edited:
Reactions: tm_nj
Cliff missed a few bunnies/dunks but played very good defense. That last play of the game - he was in 3 different spots in a span of a few seconds and came away with a block.

We need to put him in a better position and set him up for better success of offense. I liked that we ran the PnR this game but we still forced it to him too much on the post too far out.

We also continue to set him up in the post multiple times with 5-6 seconds left on the clock.

He made a couple good plays when this happened (pass to Oscar for 3 with a second left in first half..made bucket in 2nd half)

As usual, no actual analysis on game play, just insults to posters with the correct analysis on the game. Shows me you know nothing about football or basketball.
Literally just her entire board agrees with me on your utter stupidity

The miserable ignorant nonsense you spout isn’t worthy of debate

Cliff missed a few bunnies/dunks but played very good defense. That last play of the game - he was in 3 different spots in a span of a few seconds and came away with a block.

We need to put him in a better position and set him up for better success of offense. I liked that we ran the PnR this game but we still forced it to him too much on the post too far out.

We also continue to set him up in the post multiple times with 5-6 seconds left on the clock.

He made a couple good plays when this happened (pass to Oscar for 3 with a second left in first half..made bucket in 2nd half)
Elite athleticism and rebounder but his layup attempts can be so much easier off the glass even as he gets mobbed by multiple defenders. My point is that Defenders defend the rim. Not the back board. Hope he comes back next season because his offensive game will only continue to go up with a redefined low post game.

GO RU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT