ADVERTISEMENT

Tywone Malone Article

will he have time to take enough classes to graduate in 5yrs or so with that schedule?
We had a LB under Schiano's 1st regime do it. I forget his name(someone help out) he was a damn good player in both sports and I do believe made it pretty high up in the minors.

He won't be a four year player...kid got NFL talent.
Also MLB talent from what I hear. Hope we can land this kid because he will bring a couple with him. Those two may come back anyway but he will certainly open some eyes of kids who never consider us.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
My understanding is , though Malone plays both sports very well now , he probably has more of a future in football . Baseball takes much more time and skill . The ability to adjust to levels as he progresses is the thing that stops many. The pitching will expose even the best of the best and that is what will make it tough. Now he could go the Pro BB route and always go back to football I suppose ? Contracts for both would be interesting as $$$$ always takes over. Either way I would love coaches Schiano and Owens to get this 5* type kid at Rutgers...It will not be an easy task.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I think it’s down to Ole Miss and Rutgers. The fact that RU has given his parents and him a scheduled plan for both sports says a lot about the smoke Ole Miss is blowing up his ass. They know damn well they want that kid 100% focused on football because they will see ST. Nick every year. No way in hell will they allow that to happen which is why I think RU wins in the end.

I think it’s down to Ole Miss and Rutgers. The fact that RU has given his parents and him a scheduled plan for both sports says a lot about the smoke Ole Miss is blowing up his ass. They know damn well they want that kid 100% focused on football because they will see ST. Nick every year. No way in hell will they allow that to happen which is why I think RU wins in the end.
I would hope you are correct and though Ole Miss will never be ‘ Bama they do have a great pre game atmosphere. This is the young man who can really be the ONE ... on two playing fields at Rutgers.

Why Ole Miss ?

The Baseball Coach (Steve Owens) is a top coach and had amazing success at his other stops.
(I am biased because i played against him in Little League)

Reactions: 50 yd line RR
Baseball program is good
It’s not about whether the baseball team is good. The question is will lying ass Kiffen keep his word. Rutgers has given him a plan and I guess your bb coach is going all in with serious playing time. I think that matters. I wouldn’t be surprised if you guys go get Todd Frazier or have the kid meet the Yankees knowing how Schiano gets down in recruiting. The guy used a dreadlock recruiting pitch on Chase Young against Alabama.

What gives us a fighter’s chance with Tyrone Malone is the conference Rutgers now is a member of... the 2 Head Coaches Schiano and Owens who in their own right have a very good track record getting people to the next levels... Facilities are being upgraded and it would not surprise any of us if the light stanchions , concession stands- bathrooms and chair back seating is finally completed within the next 2-3 years ... an actual press box would not be out of that project realm.B1G programs though not SEC / ACC types yet are still playing top baseball. We have the kids in NJ we just need to show them some of our past history of success when coach Hill was the man ... including post season play.

Baseball program is good
There are a lot of good baseball programs. Isn't the SEC full of them ?
I don't understand why we're competing with Mississippi for a recruit. Isn't that state the poorest and dumbest in the whole country ? I've been there once. Never again.

It’s not about whether the baseball team is good. The question is will lying ass Kiffen keep his word. Rutgers has given him a plan and I guess your bb coach is going all in with serious playing time. I think that matters. I wouldn’t be surprised if you guys go get Todd Frazier or have the kid meet the Yankees knowing how Schiano gets down in recruiting. The guy used a dreadlock recruiting pitch on Chase Young against Alabama.

Yes, Malone eliminated one of his top 5 once they made it clear they wanted him focused on football. So not surprised that RU is making it clear that they will support his desire to play both to gain an edge. Still a long way to go here though.

this is sounding good

151216e%2BChris%2BMatthews.JPG

There are a lot of good baseball programs. Isn't the SEC full of them ?
I don't understand why we're competing with Mississippi for a recruit. Isn't that state the poorest and dumbest in the whole country ? I've been there once. Never again.

You also have to look at who the football recruiters are, two of his top 5 (other than RU) have recruiters with very strong ties to NJ.

Former NJ cosch , Partridge , is the DC at Ole Miss.

Is that good or bad? He sure as hell burned a lot of bridges with NJ coaches, and 'Ole Miss is not looked at he same way Michigan is around here. And did he get any recruits other than Paramus Catholic kids once he got there? Perhaps that RB from DePaul who crashed and burned.

I think it’s a top three. It goes Ole Miss, Rutgers and Texas A&M with Ole Miss in the lead. Rutgers in my opinion gained ground with its plan for both sports. It’s the only school with a set schedule for his football and baseball desires. Schiano out here calling coaches bluffs.

Ole Miss's baseball stadium looks like a minor league ball park. Ours doesn't even have lights. Baseball in the south in early March is way more comfortable than March in NJ temperature wise. That being said being close to home always has it's perks and it's seems like Schiano and Owens are dead serious about making it work.

We have a small track record of dual sport players, I don't know anything about Ole Miss's track record.

Is that good or bad? He sure as hell burned a lot of bridges with NJ coaches, and 'Ole Miss is not looked at he same way Michigan is around here. And did he get any recruits other than Paramus Catholic kids once he got there? Perhaps that RB from DePaul who crashed and burned.

elite recruiter.

These kids and their parents just want the best chance at success and ultimately a great financial situation.

Malone would do well likely anywhere he goes. But Rutgers is absolutely on the come up and Ole Miss has a wildcard type of head coach.

Sounds crazy, but Rutgers is the way safer business decision.

Reactions: 50 yd line RR
This is a young man who Greg Schiano needs to keep at home ... maybe tougher than when he kept Anthony Davis home... the bagmen at Ole Miss will be working OT.

Mississippi is not Rutgers academically, but it is decent. It is a beautiful campus in a very nice town. It is yet another SEC school that is becoming popular with New Jersey high school students, not just athletes. Joins Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Kentucky, and Vandy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT