ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling U.S. Olympic Trials set for April 2-3

I don’t have all these apps and shit. Show the damn thing on NBCSN
Yeah I hear but you have internet and probably can authenticate with your TV provider so just go to Nbcsports.com/live and select mat 2

I wonder if Suriano could try to qualify for the Italian team if he tests negative soon?

Can anyone explain logic why Oliver has to qualify US 65 KG for Olympic games, but all other weights are qualified for Olympics?

Can anyone explain logic why Oliver has to qualify US 65 KG for Olympic games, but all other weights are qualified for Olympics?
Every country that wants an Olympic spot at a particular weight, needs to qualify the weight. You qualify weights by placing in the top spots of certain qualifying tournaments.

The US has already had wrestlers place in the top spots of qualifying tournaments for all weights but 65 kg. There is one more chance for the US to qualify the weight, the World Olympic Games Qualifier in Sofia, Bulgaria, May 6-9.

Even though most of the country qualifications are done, qualifying 65 Kg won't be an easy task. There are still some other countries that are wrestling powerhouses that still haven't qualified, who will be in Bulgaria.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
The US usually qualifies a lot of our weights at the PAN AM qualifier. In the semi-finals Zain Retherford was caught and pinned by the Argentinian wrestler.....just a brutal loss and upset. There are some hammers that are going to be in Bulgaria, it will be a very tuff tournament.

I wonder if he's going to try to litigate his way to a challenge match against Gilman.
I really think he has no chance to do that. NS and Cox are totally different circumstances since Cox was sitting out until the semis. Nick had to wrestle the entire bracket....If they let Nick wrestle, then does Imar get a chance once his shoulder feels better. Just a terrible break for Nick.

I really think he has no chance to do that. NS and Cox are totally different circumstances since Cox was sitting out until the semis. Nick had to wrestle the entire bracket....If they let Nick wrestle, then does Imar get a chance once his shoulder feels better. Just a terrible break for Nick.
I agree but they are fighters and will likely try everything. Attack the validity of the tests and anything else you can, especially if it's true that he got a negative test outside the facility in Texas the same day he tested positive inside the facility. Maybe USAW didn't have clear policies or violated them. I'd guess everything is on the table to challenge.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Some unexpected results
I did not expect Zein and Yanni both losing.
57 KG, Gillman winning
No Cox

Hard to believe Gable is only 20...seems like he has been around a long time.

Some unexpected results
I did not expect Zein and Yanni both losing.
57 KG, Gillman winning
No Cox

Hard to believe Gable is only 20...seems like he has been around a long time.
Feel we are not sending our best team but will certainly root for all of them. Personally think:
Suriano
Yianni
Dake
Taylor
Cox
Stevenson
But Snyder is obviously right there and it would have been close. Think Suriano was on a roll and Yianni is still the most talented 65 KG wrestler. He didn’t win the spot fair and square, maybe needs a few more years.

Reactions: Bobbynieds
Feel we are not sending our best team but will certainly root for all of them. Personally think:
Suriano
Yianni
Dake
Taylor
Cox
Stevenson
But Snyder is obviously right there and it would have been close. Think Suriano was on a roll and Yianni is still the most talented 65 KG wrestler. He didn’t win the spot fair and square, maybe needs a few more years.
Maybe Nick Lee only caught lightning in a bottle for this one tournament, but I don't think you beat three guys, who won 6 total national championships, without your name being in the mix for the next few years. Yianni may have been rusty, because he took a year off to prepare for this, plus covid, but it sure looked like some guys have caught up to him. Lee dominated him.

Maybe Nick Lee only caught lightning in a bottle for this one tournament, but I don't think you beat three guys, who won 6 total national championships, without your name being in the mix for the next few years. Yianni may have been rusty, because he took a year off to prepare for this, plus covid, but it sure looked like some guys have caught up to him. Lee dominated him.
Nick Lee is often overshadowed by the other PSU greats.. but he proved he’s right up there with them.

Lee had an awesome tournament and deserves all the respect. No disputing that. You don’t win NCAAs and take 3rd at Trials with some of the wins he had if you are not incredibly talented like he is.

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
The US usually qualifies a lot of our weights at the PAN AM qualifier. In the semi-finals Zain Retherford was caught and pinned by the Argentinian wrestler.....just a brutal loss and upset. There are some hammers that are going to be in Bulgaria, it will be a very tuff tournament.

If he can qualify, I’m very comfortable with Jordan Oliver. I think he’s a dangerous wrestler and is our best 65KG right now.

Yianni got absolutely handled by Lee. It was shocking to watch. Perhaps his heart wasn’t in it as this is his second shot at a national team coming up short.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT