ADVERTISEMENT

Updated 11/3: SCILS Top 8 RU Candidates (Clawson, Norvell, Schiano, Jones lead)

SCILS02

Junior
Jul 18, 2012
As of 11/03: Updated with no changes from last week. Down to 8 as we move slightly closer to a hire. No need for silly Ventura Partners search firm when I give RU and the RU media this list for free.

Ranked in order of my preference of 'realistic' candidates:

1) Clawson
2) Norvell
3) Schiano
4) Jones (interviewed)
5) Harsin
6) Heupel
7) Littrell
8) Narduzzi

Dream candidates: Either would be home runs for a big price but doubtful they would seriously consider us. The calls should be made though!
1) Matt Campbell
2) PJ Fleck

Ash 2.0/Laughable candidates: Why are these guys mentioned? Remove them off your list now because it's embarrassing. They don't deserve a second of consideration: Leipold, Surace, Moorhead and Fritz.

Wild card or last resort candidates: Worth taking a very brief look or if all else fails: Bielema, Addazio, Golden, Monken, Candle

Last edited:
I guess you lost your Meds again! Think your names are in the wrong areas not that it matters. No one is listening to a never was,

Reactions: biker7766
I guess you lost your Meds again! Think your names are in the wrong areas not that it matters. No one is listening to a never was,
Sorry it hurt your feelings. Got tons of play on this list for weeks. By the way, who is in the "wrong areas?"

I sincerely hope Hobbs does a proper search with a proven head coach and history of success at least two p5 college jobs.

Guys that have had success at two P5 jobs are not coming to Rutgers.
Guys that have had success at two P5 jobs are not coming to Rutgers.
Exactly. Head Coaches, especially successful ones, have egos bigger than the stadiums they coach in. No one who has had real success at the highest level will risk tarnishing their legacy or reputation by taking on a rebuild like Rutgers. Sure they can become legend if successful, but at the cost of adding 25 losses to their all time record over the next three years. Not worth it.

Announce Schiano on November 9th the 13th year anniversary of Pandemonium in Piscataway

Announce on the 6th on the 150th and then on the 9th we have a bye and can hit the recruiting trail hard, talking Louisville game and all.

Last edited:
Hi son, my name is coach schiano and I’d like to tell you a story about something that happened when you were 3. Lol

You gotta recruit the whole family - even the uncle who lies and said he was at the game in 06 .

It’s all about being able to point to something positive

If not Schiano, Rutgers has two options:

1. Hire a retread head coach like Butch Jones who needs a paycheck.
2. Hire an assistant like Ash who's willing to give it a shot.

The likes of Clawson, Norvell, and Narduzzi aren't coming to Rutgers.

Reactions: ruman
As of 10/27: Updated with changes. Down to 8 as we move slightly closer to a hire. No need for silly Ventura Partners search firm when I give RU and the RU media this list for free.

Ranked in order of my preference of 'realistic' candidates:

1) Clawson
2) Norvell
3) Schiano
4) Jones
5) Harsin
6) Heupel
7) Littrell
8) Narduzzi

Dream candidates: Either would be home runs for a big price but doubtful they would seriously consider us. The calls should be made though!
1) Matt Campbell
2) PJ Fleck

Ash 2.0/Laughable candidates: Why are these guys mentioned? Remove them off your list now because it's embarrassing. They don't deserve a second of consideration: Leipold, Surace, Moorhead and Fritz.

Wild card or last resort candidates: Worth taking a very brief look or if all else fails: Bielema, Addazio, Golden, Monken, Candle

Why you would not include a guy who turned a program around and made it relevant. Moved on to bigger job only to face difficult times and be let go?

If not Schiano, Rutgers has two options:

1. Hire a retread head coach like Butch Jones who needs a paycheck.
2. Hire an assistant like Ash who's willing to give it a shot.

The likes of Clawson, Norvell, and Narduzzi aren't coming to Rutgers.
Agree that Clawson, Norvell, and Narducci have Rutgers in their rear view mirror (dating myself ... vehicle back-up camera).

Agree that Clawson, Norvell, and Narducci have Rutgers in their rear view mirror (dating myself ... vehicle back-up camera).
If that's the case fine with me I'd still take Littrell in a down year...might get him cheaper and he'll be more amenable to the move too. Get him together with Harrell again along with a good DC and I'm good with seeing what that kind of combo can do. He's worked in the B10 at IU with Wilson among other stops and has implemented strong offenses all along. Pair him with a good DC and let's see.

Wilson got them to a near consistent bowl team once he got a DC in Allen, took a step back after he was let go and now Allen just hired a new OC Kalen Deboer from Fresno State and previously the NAIA and he's got them at 6-2 and bowl eligible.

BTW a couple former NAIA coaches doing solid jobs this year. DeBoer at IU in his first year and Brent Dearmon (Les Miles 3rd OC this year) seems to be making a difference initially in his first couple games...also led the highest scoring offense (50+ pts at Bethel) in football last year. He was on the staff and was elevated when Koenning was fired.

Reactions: SCILS02
Did you see #3?

I was talking about Golden He recruits NJ well Turned Temple around (oh and because they know how to hire coaches have stayed relevant) went to Miami facing huge sanctions continued recruiting above average. Some improvement was seen but then a step back (in a huge loss to Clemson) and he is shuttled out....And noone since has done much better.
His resume and Schiano resume mirror each other to be honest right down to the records 68 67 and 58 58 or something closed to that

No changes at all from last week. Butch had been #4 in my list since it came out and now was interviewed.

How about Luke Fickell? 28-18 at Cincinnati including a 4-8 first year. 11-2 last year and 7-1 so far this year. Seems worthy of consideration and may be a more realistic candidate. Especially since the AD is leaving. Assume he still has to play Memphis and SMU this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT