ADVERTISEMENT

VanBrill listed at 157

Yes he is one of the strongest kids on the team. I don't think he had a hard cut to 149. If Angelo can wrestle 165 this year good for us. I think Clark or Kanniard will also be at 165.

Rutgers will have a solid 10 guys this year. The lineup will shake out and be way better than most on her expect. Not saying I know everything but I know a thing or 2

Reactions: mikemessner
My gut says Kannaird is going to end up at 165 which leaves 157 to MVB if he goes up or Angelo. Going to guess Raimo wasn’t being brought in to sit the bench so maybe Rivera stays at 141 and Alvarez goes up to 149

Reactions: mikemessner
Rutgers will have a solid 10 guys this year. The lineup will shake out and be way better than most on her expect. Not saying I know everything but I know a thing or 2
Are you talking with the current roster? Or does this mean there will be an addition or two? Say..in January?
My gut says Kannaird is going to end up at 165 which leaves 157 to MVB if he goes up or Angelo. Going to guess Raimo wasn’t being brought in to sit the bench so maybe Rivera stays at 141 and Alvarez goes up to 149
Remember, Raimo committed well before Peterson flipped. Peterson can change the dynamics of the once, projected lineup. If Rivera cannot make 33, then yes, Raimo could have been brought in for that spot. But we saw Rivera had a tough time (against the best) at 41. I would think he tries to make 33 and a run at the NC. Raimo goes for 125 and if he doesnt make it, waits for his chance at a higher weight next year.

Reactions: elvis7
IMO I don't think Rivera and Alvarez at 141 and 149 gives us our strongest lineup. Rivera didn't look his best there last year and that's a big jump for Sammy, he will certainly be undersized. Obviously things can easily change from last year, but it's hard to see them both be more effective at those weights than 133 & 141 respectively. Rivera was a 33% bonus guy last year and the 3 years prior he was 47%, 59%, and 56% so he obviously wasn't nearly as dominant as he was in years prior.

In regards to Raimo, he still has 4 years left, so it's a long term play for him here. Things will shake out between 125-149 in the coming years between himself, Peterson, Shawver, Oliveri, Alvarez, and Aragona since they all have 3+ years of eligibility left. That's a lot of talent, with a lot of years left so it's a great situation for RU and gives all those guys tremendous partners in the room. It gets even deeper if we can add someone like Anthony Santaniello into the mix as well.

With that all being said, I would like to see Kanniard at 165 though and then let 149/157 work itself out between Aragona, Angelo, and MVB. I think that's the situation where we end up with the strongest lineup this year. Not writing off Clark or O'Neill by any means but I don't see either of them making a bigger impact than anyone above this year as they still need to develop and get stronger.

Reactions: SCNJ and KidDagger
Are you talking with the current roster? Or does this mean there will be an addition or two? Say..in January?

Remember, Raimo committed well before Peterson flipped. Peterson can change the dynamics of the once, projected lineup. If Rivera cannot make 33, then yes, Raimo could have been brought in for that spot. But we saw Rivera had a tough time (against the best) at 41. I would think he tries to make 33 and a run at the NC. Raimo goes for 125 and if he doesnt make it, waits for his chance at a higher weight next year.
No additions that I know of . Just the current team everything will shake itself out.

Rumors that SeaBass is going 141 🤷🏽‍♂️
He can't win a title at 141 his shape isn't good enough with the extra weight. He needs to be at 133 to achieve his goals. Hope those close to him are honest with him facts are facts

I think Rivera gets down to 33 he knows it’s his last go round and with his background/father training he’ll get down. I think Raimo goes 25 but it’s a tossup with him Shawver, dean. Sammy 41 then it gets crowded with vb, Santos, Angelo, aragona 49. Good luck to all!

I'm going to take a shot at an early prediction.

125 - Shawver/Peterson
133 - Raimo
141 - Rivera/Alverez
149 - Aragona (going out on a limb here)
157 - Van Brill/Kanniard
165 - Kanniard/Clark
174 - Turley
184 - Poznanski (duh)/Janzer
197 - Bulsak/Janzer
HWY - McDermott/Esposito

I'm giving the edge to Shawver in a battle for 125.

I don't see either Rivera or Sammy making 133 in a healthy way. Rivera went a year at 141 and it will be difficult going back, especially when it was difficult two years ago. Sammy was too far over 133 to make that weight reliably in a healthy way.

The Aragona pick, despite very little information, is my expectation for such a highly rated wrestler out of high school. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't break through in his third year with the program.

Van Brill will displace Kanniard at 157 but will continue to be erratic. If only duals had wrestlebacks...

Kanniard will struggle at 165 unless Clark can really jump two weight classes and win the position.

Turley is a lock if he starts the season as stong as he ended last season. I hope he's keeping in shape.

Nothing needs to be said about 184

I was hoping the addition of Bulsak would force Janzer to raise his game.

McDermott seems the pick if he's in shape come whistle time. I don't thing Esposito is a slouch, so if he has shown improvement, he might be competitive. As said before, Kyonte seems to be drifting out of people's minds. I wonder if we'll ever see him wrestle.

There’s a 0% chance that Alvarez doesn’t start somewhere, unless he’s willing to take a redshirt for whatever reason

Also, what does “Kyonte is drifting out of people’s minds” mean? He’s been a Rutgers student for literally less than 24 hours

I think Rivera gets down to 33 he knows it’s his last go round and with his background/father training he’ll get down. I think Raimo goes 25 but it’s a tossup with him Shawver, dean. Sammy 41 then it gets crowded with vb, Santos, Angelo, aragona 49. Good luck to all!
Agreed. Someone needs to have an honest discussion with Rivera. Do you want to be a champion or do you want to be comfortable. It’s his choice to live with and either way he’ll be an AA, but I think he’s stronger at 133. There’s some big names at both weight classes though.

There’s a 0% chance that Alvarez doesn’t start somewhere, unless he’s willing to take a redshirt for whatever reason

Also, what does “Kyonte is drifting out of people’s minds” mean? He’s been a Rutgers student for literally less than 24 hours
Oh, please. How long have you known he was coming? Did you not read all the speculation? Are you that desperate to pick at what I say that you'll make that stupid a comment? How long has Peterson been a student? Lots of discussion about him.

Oh, please. How long have you known he was coming? Did you not read all the speculation? Are you that desperate to pick at what I say that you'll make that stupid a comment? How long has Peterson been a student? Lots of discussion about him.
If Kyonte flipped his commitment to Rutgers within the last 3 weeks, I’d be willing to bet there would be a lot of discussion about it.

I’m not picking at what you say, but a lot of your negativity about practically everything often warrants a response. JoJo is with the team. Kyonte is with the team. No news doesn’t have to mean bad news.

If Kyonte flipped his commitment to Rutgers within the last 3 weeks, I’d be willing to bet there would be a lot of discussion about it.

I’m not picking at what you say, but a lot of your negativity about practically everything often warrants a response. JoJo is with the team. Kyonte is with the team. No news doesn’t have to mean bad news.
When was the last discussion about Kyonte? Answer that and just maybe you'll understand what I meant about slipping from people's minds. You think criticizing me is something like a double negative and make you positive?

When was the last discussion about Kyonte? Answer that and just maybe you'll understand what I meant about slipping from people's minds. You think criticizing me is something like a double negative and make you positive?
Big Difference between Kyonte and Peterson....one is on a wrestling scholarship the other on a Football Scholarship....why would we talk about Kyonte in the pre-season when the earliest he will start wrestling practice is Dec(assuming no bowl game) and if Schiano agrees to let him practice this season.

Reactions: SCNJ
People talk about things when things happen. Kyonte hasn’t wrestled in any tournament recently and hasn’t been with the wrestling team because he’s playing football. There’s nothing to talk about with him.

For what it’s worth, I haven’t seen anyone discussing Turley or Poz on here recently either. I wonder if they’re considering retiring from the sport.

Reactions: njsportsphan
I'm going to take a shot at an early prediction.

125 - Shawver/Peterson
133 - Raimo
141 - Rivera/Alverez
149 - Aragona (going out on a limb here)
157 - Van Brill/Kanniard
165 - Kanniard/Clark
174 - Turley
184 - Poznanski (duh)/Janzer
197 - Bulsak/Janzer
HWY - McDermott/Esposito

I'm giving the edge to Shawver in a battle for 125.

I don't see either Rivera or Sammy making 133 in a healthy way. Rivera went a year at 141 and it will be difficult going back, especially when it was difficult two years ago. Sammy was too far over 133 to make that weight reliably in a healthy way.

The Aragona pick, despite very little information, is my expectation for such a highly rated wrestler out of high school. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't break through in his third year with the program.

Van Brill will displace Kanniard at 157 but will continue to be erratic. If only duals had wrestlebacks...

Kanniard will struggle at 165 unless Clark can really jump two weight classes and win the position.

Turley is a lock if he starts the season as stong as he ended last season. I hope he's keeping in shape.

Nothing needs to be said about 184

I was hoping the addition of Bulsak would force Janzer to raise his game.

McDermott seems the pick if he's in shape come whistle time. I don't thing Esposito is a slouch, so if he has shown improvement, he might be competitive. As said before, Kyonte seems to be drifting out of people's minds. I wonder if we'll ever see him wrestle.
Being such a high recruit(#17 for recruiting class), I’ll be disappointed if Peterson doesn’t win 125.. having my fingers crossed he is a AA contending freshman right away.

I thought I heard Seabass say in an interview he was intending to go 133, which, would prolly helps our lineup overall.. but if he seabass 141 then Shawver/Peterson/raimo at 25/33 and Sammy the bull to 149. I like Sammy at either 49/57 I think even 141 is too big a cut for him rn. So 149/57 will be between sammy/MVB/Jojo.

I was super high on Jojo coming out of hs :( but if doesn’t crack the lineup I think he still has a rs to use..

65 prolly goes to kanniard unless we have a surprise freshman overtake it and yeah 74 n up everyone prolly knows the rest: turley/poz/bulsak/mcdermott..

As someone said, very solid lineup especially for duals and returning 3 AA.. hoping we can raise that number this year and maybe even a NC🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Yes you can. He's a 133. I havent heard anything lately. Someone posted they heard he may be looking to go 141 again
It is ultimately up to him to decide if he can sustain the cut while staying healthy and strong. I don't like to see kids suffering to cut too much weight. He's had another year to build into a stronger 141. I would hope that having Ashnault there to work with will help a lot.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Intermat rankings:
125 Shawver 31
133 Rivera 3
141 Alvarez 13
149 MVB 27
157 Kannaird 33
174 Turley 8
184 Poz 5
197 Bulsak 15

Tournament 15
Dual Meet 14

It is ultimately up to him to decide if he can sustain the cut while staying healthy and strong. I don't like to see kids suffering to cut too much weight. He's had another year to build into a stronger 141. I would hope that having Ashnault there to work with will help a lot.
Agree. I havent seen him recently. I know he's going to Oslo in Oct for Worlds at 65kg

Sounds like seabass 33 sammy 41 vb 49. Don’t think sammy ever sees 33 again
Sure, that sounds great, but there are some pretty strong rumors that's not happening. I was hoping some here had more or different info but it seems like 🦗🦗.🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Sure, that sounds great, but there are some pretty strong rumors that's not happening. I was hoping some here had more or different info but it seems like 🦗🦗.🤷🏽‍♂️
Agree, I was hoping WNG commented on Seabass.....(my guess) either he is going 141 or they are trying to convince him to go 133 and he really does not want to cut(cannot blame him, but he can win 133 and really do not think he can win 141). Of course, I am hoping he does go 133 as that will make us be able to put our best lineup on the mat.

Reactions: Leonard23
Agree, I was hoping WNG commented on Seabass.....(my guess) either he is going 141 or they are trying to convince him to go 133 and he really does not want to cut(cannot blame him, but he can win 133 and really do not think he can win 141). Of course, I am hoping he does go 133 as that will make us be able to put our best lineup on the mat.
Intermat has Seabass ranked at 133 for some reason… I think he musta said in an interview he was going to try to make 33 but that was months ago….

At 133 Seabass’s biggest threats would be RBY, Fix, Desanto….. maybe Suriano😳??

At 141 Seabass’s biggest threats would be Eirman and Nick Lee (T. Wilson moves up to 149).

Reactions: koleszar
Only “rumors” I saw abt Rivera going 41 were here. He did an interview where he said he was going 33 so I’d lean more toward what he said than what’s posted here. As bill said it’s early and everyone has ideas of where they want to go but there’s a lot of time left for things to shake out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT