ADVERTISEMENT

Football Vedral is OUT, Simon or Wimsatt to start

Sounds like both QB will play. My money is on Simon being more ready for prime time and performing.

Sadly, this put us at a big disadvantage vs BC who has an experience QB.... should be a fun game where we learn a lot about the future starter at QB.

Reactions: redking and ruronny
That was one well kept secret. So we may be seeing the beginning of the Wimsatt era. Go RU. If so, there will be growing pains but, if we are ever going to move forward the way we as fans would like then we need a QB who can get us there. Wimsatt is supposed to be that guy. Looks like the time to find out may have just happened.

Speculating of course but now we know why Greg was even MORE tight lipped than normal. I'm guessing Vedral just didn't get hurt yesterday. He was waiting to see if he could get close to 100% by tody.
About a week ago somebody posted they saw an Instagram photo of Noah using crutches.

Reactions: Visengoth
All 3 were preparing to start. I like Vedral but Wimsatt is the future. Simon will play some important downs against BC.

Not ideal sheesh. Pressure’s on Gleeson to dial up packages the young boys are comfortable in

Silver lining: hopefully Simon and/or Wimsatt were receiving 1st team reps (and not an injured Vedral) all week.

I just need em to get the ball into our receivers hands. Youngblood, Cruikshank, and Harris are all guys who can do a lot with the ball in their hands.

Not a great situation. I liked our chances with Noah managing the game like the win at Cuse last season. Expected it to be a boring defensive slug.

if Gavin starts I’d expect the game to be much more exciting but a much higher chance for errors and disorganization.

I think Simon knows his best shot to become “the guy” is to play within himself and the offense and be the game manager. I’d expect his style to be far more conservative than Gavin’s out there. Just a guess.

you guys crack me up with 'not a great situation' or the like. This is good for the team as we are not winning with Vedral and it's time to get the future more reps in games. This is good for the team and also forces the coaches to earn their money. No reason we can't shouldn't be able to move the ball etc.

you guys crack me up with 'not a great situation' or the like. This is good for the team as we are not winning with Vedral and it's time to get the future more reps in games. This is good for the team and also forces the coaches to earn their money. No reason we can't shouldn't be able to move the ball etc.

The coaches would play whoever gives them the best chance to win. I want to win today. So not having a veteran and captain available who has 20 starts under his belt is definitely not an ideal situation.

if Gavin or Evan was better then they would’ve just named them a starter by now

Reactions: ChasRC69
+1
We know what Vedral is. He is remarkably limited. Time to move on and see if we have better options.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Don’t understand the ‘earn their money’ part. Instead, I think it gives them an excuse (inexperience, etc).

The coaches would play whoever gives them the best chance to win. I want to win today. So not having a veteran and captain available who has 20 starts under his belt is definitely not an ideal situation.

if Gavin or Evan was better then they would’ve just named them a starter by now
+ on the road.

Did the line move? Might be worth it to lay the 7.5 for you gamblers.

Even if either were the starter, it would have been nice to have Noah available to calm things down. Also with all the Halfley connections, it is possible he knew about Noah injury.

If this were happening to our opponent, we as a collective fan base would be scared shitless. The young but very talented and dynamic future QB being thrown into the lion’s den early. We are a pessimistic group (and yes, we have good reason to be).

Just sit back and enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT