ADVERTISEMENT

VT

Looking like not only a team having a winning record, but bowl eligible. Good for our overall perception to have some wins over decent teams.
Cuse is a freaking train wreck!
They found their qb.

I'm jealous
Yes he's outplaying Wimsatt. You could argue Wimsatt is the better rusher but Drones can definitely run it himself (99 for 400 yds and 4 tds). You look at his games against Pitt and Wake Forest - not world beaters - but still: 12 of 19 233 and 3 tds no picks and 20 of 29 321 yds 2 tds 0 picks. Wimsatt's best game was probably Temple - and that was just 1 td, sub 200 yds and sub 50% completion. He has to make a jump at some point or it will need to be somebody else IMO.

Interesting enough, when some talk that we have not beat winning teams- there are teams like VaTech that if they could have beat us- we would have lost to a winning team. Same with NW- if they had beaten us- they would be a winning team too.

VaTech is starting to play well though. QB is very similar to GW...Will be interesting to see how both careers go.

Yes he's outplaying Wimsatt. You could argue Wimsatt is the better rusher but Drones can definitely run it himself (99 for 400 yds and 4 tds). You look at his games against Pitt and Wake Forest - not world beaters - but still: 12 of 19 233 and 3 tds no picks and 20 of 29 321 yds 2 tds 0 picks. Wimsatt's best game was probably Temple - and that was just 1 td, sub 200 yds and sub 50% completion. He has to make a jump at some point or it will need to be somebody else IMO.
Wimsatt has been in the 180s to 190s in yardage in multiple games. Several games have been called to keep it on the ground like VT and Indiana. Drones looks great, not saying he’s not good but calling Wimsatt at sub 200 when he’s been right at 200 a few games is a little disingenuous.

Drones is a good qb but I don’t think he could do what he did to Cuse, Pitt, or WF against our defense. We’d also play ball control to limit their possessions. Is Caleb Williams better than Wimsatt? Yes. Is Kyron Drones better than Wimsatt? A little. Give Gavin time. Our schedule and level of competition isn’t the same as what VT faces.

Wimsatt has been in the 180s to 190s in yardage in multiple games. Several games have been called to keep it on the ground like VT and Indiana. Drones looks great, not saying he’s not good but calling Wimsatt at sub 200 when he’s been right at 200 a few games is a little disingenuous.

Drones is a good qb but I don’t think he could do what he did to Cuse, Pitt, or WF against our defense. We’d also play ball control to limit their possessions. Is Caleb Williams better than Wimsatt? Yes. Is Kyron Drones better than Wimsatt? A little. Give Gavin time. Our schedule and level of competition isn’t the same as what VT faces.
What do you mean disingenuous. Sub 200 means exactly what it means.

Before anointing Drones I'd like to see him play a Big 10 schedule.
Who's anointing Drones? Whitebus made an indirect comment on Wimsatt. I looked up the stats. Drones has outplayed Wimsatt. Wimsatt has to play better, especially next week. He's the best qb we have. I'm rooting for him. All of these things can be true.

GW beat Drones heads up. And hate to try to compare because both seem to be good very young QB's.
I can't get on GW for yardage- he doesn't make the gameplan.
I also look at VaTech and see that their game plan is heavier on the pass than we are and there is a good reason-KM is 300 yds better than their running back. We have been winning and do not need GW to pass for a ton of yards for the win.

Reactions: Virginiarufan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT