ADVERTISEMENT

We should still hang some type of banner

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Whether it’s a 20 win for the year banner or something to that effect, give the kids on this team that made us so proud something to always remember

The banner should be “2019 / 20 season” and have our overall record of 20-11 and our conference record of 11-9

Every player and coach name on banner as well

Last edited:
Whether it’s a 20 win for the year banner or something to that effect, give the kids on this team that made us so proud something to always remember

The banner should be “2019 / 20 season” and have our overall record of 20-11 and ourbdinference record of 11-9

Now there's a thought I can endorse. Not sure what. Maybe a joint mens/women's banner of some sort. This was a historic season for our programs and an absolute shame that shouldn't be unrecognized.

The banner should be “2019 / 20 season” and have our overall record of 20-11 and ourbdinference record of 11-9
Yes, some sort of recognition

The banner should be “2019 / 20 season” and have our overall record of 20-11 and our conference record of 11-9

Every player and coach name on banner as well
Recognize them fine....hanging some made up banner makes us look very weak.

Hang the ncaa banner....people will talk about it for years

I would not say this if we are on the bubble

There is NO ONE...not even Jerry Palm ...that has out of the tournament as of this morning

Either hang one and say we were going to win the national championship or don’t hang one and make this team hungrier than a pack of crazed dogs next year

Hang the ncaa banner....people will talk about it for years

I would not say this if we are on the bubble

There is NO ONE...not even Jerry Palm ...that has out of the tournament as of this morning
If they don’t announce who made it then we never made it. Hanging a banner is desperate. Winning programs wouldn’t do this.

Tough to hang a banner since we have no specific thing to celebrate that would make sense
Well imagine if this hit us a week later than it has. Selection Sunday would have occurred, we'd be in the tournament and then the rest of the games would be canceled. We'd still get a banner. That's why they should still do Selection Sunday.

Men's & women's team should at least cut down the nets at the RAC as momento to give the players for the memorable season.

If UCF declared themselves football national champions one year, it is far less controversial for a 20-win Big Ten team to declare they had an NCAA Tournament season. I hope Hobbs has the guts to do this and honor our coach and players the right way.

CHQWR7TUkAEdsgp

If UCF declared themselves football national champions one year, it is far less controversial for a 20-win Big Ten team to declare they had an NCAA Tournament season. I hope Hobbs has the guts to do this and honor our coach and players the right way.

Completely disagree. They would have made it but they didn’t. It’s ridiculous to hang a fake banner.

What should have happened first was for the NCAA to hold Selection Sunday if for no other reason than to give closure to all of the teams and players. 68 schools and fan bases would have felt some degree of satisfaction after having the rest of their season canceled.

Then RU could hang up the banner. But as usual, the NCAA missed an opportunity to make a lot of people happy.

Can’t hold a banner for a tournament we didn’t get an invite too. Would make us look silly.
Tourney was cancelled this year. It is what it is. Gotta break the streak next year.

Reactions: RUDave_01
No BS Fake participation trophies. Hang a banner when we RU gets selected.

Put up a banner, “The 2020 team, most home wins in the nation in a season cut short” and yes I did look it up, a couple of teams had 17 wins including Oregon. We all know this team had its ticket punched. Is it appropriate to hang a banner? I’ll argue yes, we are living through a global pandemic. A national emergency cut the season short.
When I walk to my seat at the RAC in the coming years , I want to see a banner for this special team. This team should not be forgotten in RU basketball history and a banner will ensure they are always remembered.

A banner ceremony would bring closure to the unfinished season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT