ADVERTISEMENT

We should still hang some type of banner

I'm not obsessed with it at all. This isn't Rutgers claiming to have won something that we didn't, like UCF in football or FSU in basketball. There is no dispute whatsoever that RU would have made the tournament after the Purdue win. But even with that in mind, we could still just say "20 WINS" and list the year on the banner. Then nobody could mock Rutgers or say it's a participation trophy. We're simply honoring this team for what they accomplished and ensuring it's remembered not just 5 years from now, but 50.

Rutgers should be getting to a point where they win 20 games year-in and year-out. You can’t treat 20 wins like it’s a banner raising accomplishment. It should be the norm.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
People wanting this banner are the reason a generation of pussies are in their 20’s. Thats first.

second, imagine recruiting against RU when they have that banner up? LOL. If i was an opposing school id mail a post card of that banner every day for 2 years to the kid and put an * that says * 1 win vs D2 Caldwell College counted towards 20*

People wanting this banner are the reason a generation of pussies are in their 20’s. Thats first.

second, imagine recruiting against RU when they have that banner up? LOL. If i was an opposing school id mail a post card of that banner every day for 2 years to the kid and put an * that says * 1 win vs D2 Caldwell College counted towards 20*

Are you f**king insane? Claiming people who want a 20 reason banner are the reason that any group is a bunch of pussies is the height of idiocy, but coming from you that is no surprise.

Then you have the utter stupidity to claim opposing teams would use that banner as a negative recruiting tool because one of those wins was against Caldwell. Does anyone believe there would be a single opposing coach who would do that? Most of them would not even be aware of it, much less even care. Or maybe you think they walk their potential recruits through the RAC - or take the time to take a photo. Is there anything more absurd than to imagine a potential recruit at any school taking such a thing seriously? I suspect it would hurt their recruiting efforts more than help them.

Most people, including our season ticket holders, would not even notice such a banner. At this point there would probably be less than 10 years listed on that banner, so it would a notable achievement. Hoping it will be a commonplace occurrence from here on out though.

Reactions: RutgersNYCB1G

As the above commenter put much better than I could, your post is an embarrassment.

Rutgers should be getting to a point where they win 20 games year-in and year-out. You can’t treat 20 wins like it’s a banner raising accomplishment. It should be the norm.
It's not. Rutgers hasn't won 20 games in a regular season since 1982-83. That's a big deal and the players from the 2019-20 Rutgers team deserve permanent recognition inside the RAC.

It's not. Rutgers hasn't won 20 games in a regular season since 1982-83. That's a big deal and the players from the 2019-20 Rutgers team deserve permanent recognition inside the RAC.

It’s a big deal because the program has historically been garbage. I’m sorry but they’re not hanging a banner for their first non-garbage season in a long time.

Are you f**king insane? Claiming people who want a 20 reason banner are the reason that any group is a bunch of pussies is the height of idiocy, but coming from you that is no surprise.

Then you have the utter stupidity to claim opposing teams would use that banner as a negative recruiting tool because one of those wins was against Caldwell. Does anyone believe there would be a single opposing coach who would do that? Most of them would not even be aware of it, much less even care. Or maybe you think they walk their potential recruits through the RAC - or take the time to take a photo. Is there anything more absurd than to imagine a potential recruit at any school taking such a thing seriously? I suspect it would hurt their recruiting efforts more than help them.

Most people, including our season ticket holders, would not even notice such a banner. At this point there would probably be less than 10 years listed on that banner, so it would a notable achievement. Hoping it will be a commonplace occurrence from here on out though.
Youre so clueless it hurts lol

It’s really disappointing to see the lack of appreciation for these players and coaches by so many “fans” on this board. All because you’re scared of what other fanbases might say. I’ll write a letter to Hobbs urging him not to listen to people like you and hope those who agree with me will do the same.

Ahh yes the “fan” card has finally been played. Yes everyone who doesn’t want a silly, embarrassing “first good season in a long time” banner is a bad fan. Please write Hobbs so he can tell you he’s not doing it in writing and put an end to this silliness.

It’s really disappointing to see the lack of appreciation for these players and coaches by so many “fans” on this board. All because you’re scared of what other fanbases might say. I’ll write a letter to Hobbs urging him not to listen to people like you and hope those who agree with me will do the same.
I can tell you right now I am extremely appreciative of the players and coaching staff. I just don’t feel that a banner being raised for 20 wins is warranted. It reeks of small time.

I didn’t start the thread but 100% support a banner going up. You should too.
You have to be a troll lol. I refuse to believe people are serious about hanging a banner for going 19-11. It was a great season and one we’ll all remember fondly as the turning point but you hang banners for titles, full stop.

Reactions: c10j10s
Those people who are excited about the banner idea are probably the same ones who are excited about watching a football game tonight that happened almost 15 years ago.

Both are great memories but neither resulted in us winning anything.

Reactions: c10j10s

I see you just jumped on the band wagon this year. And are new to posting here. If you were such a great fan, why weren't you posting last year how great we were when we were 14-17. Or in 2015-16 season when we were 7-25. Get a clue before you start calling out other posters "fanatacism". 37 years I've been watching RU Hoops (20 years as a season ticket holder) and others on here have been fans a lot longer than me. We had a great season. I know it sucks no one got to play in either the conf tourney or the NCAA. You just have to wait for next season and cheer on the boys to make it to the NCAA next year like all other schools fanbases. When the NCAA tourney happens for us, you'll get your banner. And I will be there to cheer it go up.
In the meantime, go binge watch something on netflix or amazon to get it off your mind. Go read a book.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT