ADVERTISEMENT

Well,which is it,"Sleeping Giant"or "Coaches Graveyard"?

ruready4somefootball

Heisman Winner
Nov 10, 2003
Rutgers has been called both on far to many occasions.Both terms always annoyed me,but at least "Sleeping Giant" gives a feeling of promise.Greg brought 'Sleeping Giant" back into play, until we had major Flood damage.Coach Ash needs more time to put his stamp on this program, and resurrect what Schiano was able to do even without being able to sell the B10 to recruits.The only thing that scares me is games like Eastern Michigan, when we have more talent, but maybe less experience. Coaching HAS TO start out coaching other teams despite a talent gap. It's the only way we will move up the ladder.

Rutgers has been called both on far to many occasions.Both terms always annoyed me,but at least "Sleeping Giant" gives a feeling of promise.Greg brought 'Sleeping Giant" back into play, until we had major Flood damage.Coach Ash needs more time to put his stamp on this program, and resurrect what Schiano was able to do even without being able to sell the B10 to recruits.The only thing that scares me is games like Eastern Michigan, when we have more talent, but maybe less experience. Coaching HAS TO start out coaching other teams despite a talent gap. It's the only way we will move up the ladder.

Agree with this post. The EMU game, in and of itself, doesn't really bother me too much. We were highly susceptible to a loss like that. They had an experienced QB who could make a lot of throws. We have a QB who is extremely limited, and, for the 6th straight year now, are going into the season with a new offense. I think people under estimate the impact of our inability to hire and retain an OC. Not only do we have a talent gap between us and most of the schedule, we also put ourselves at a disadvantage by essentially starting over every year.

Even if Washington turns out to not be a top ten team, we saw lot of things to like in week 1. Now we are seeing some of the inconsistency you get when teams are just beginning to turn around. The only thing that really scares me is that Ash needs to be able to recruit. Losses like this will hurt his ability to bring in the needed talent, and in his second year, talent is critical. If he cannot recruit, we will begin the downward trend, and then it is just another 4 year slow burn until we start over again with a new coach. The cycle may be 5 years, but by the end of year 3, we will know which way we are trending.

Keep in mind that not having the Big Ten to sell to recruits also means you don't have to play nine Big Ten teams each season. It's not any easier this way.

Wont get an argument out of me. It Is All About The COACHING!!!

Keep in mind that not having the Big Ten to sell to recruits also means you don't have to play nine Big Ten teams each season. It's not any easier this way.

Every successful conference needs a bottom feeder and in B1G FB that currently is RU. But not forever.

I believe that the buzz for RU FB begins when we get an equal share of conference revenues. We won't compete until we have an equal footing with conference mates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT