ADVERTISEMENT

What are other BIG schools doing this fall?

ru66

Heisman Winner
Jul 28, 2001
I know PSU says it will be in person classes--is RU an outlier??

I know PSU says it will be in person classes--is RU an outlier??
Not exactly true. PSU has moved classes of a certain size to online, which is a significant number. Professors also have the option to teach in person, online or combo. Several professors who are older or have health concerns are teaching online only. At this point, it looks like the majority of classes in the first semester will be online for most students, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it changes to 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I have a buddy who is a post doc in the PSU English department. He will be teaching his classes online as will almost everyone he works with

Purdue will open earlier in August, skip fall break, and send kids home at thanksgiving but don’t come back after that for December classes

Pace U moved their calendar UP three whole weeks and has 5 different modes of instruction. It threw my course into confusing territory for an hour or two but their approach seems sane...

FSU is doing a blend of options. My daughter's clinicals will be in person but her classwork will be remote. Some classes are alternating weeks; 1 week you are in class and the next you are remote. Upper level, smaller classes may be done in person if there is room to spread out. Right now this is a fluid situation with all schools.

Purdue will open earlier in August, skip fall break, and send kids home at thanksgiving but don’t come back after that for December classes
My nephew goes to Purdue on August 16th and classes start August 24th. And yes we tried our damnedest to get him to go to RU but Purdue Engineering eventually won out. I told him every RU win over the boiler making custodial engineers I will bust on him mercilessly.

from th
Not exactly true. PSU has moved classes of a certain size to online, which is a significant number. Professors also have the option to teach in person, online or combo. Several professors who are older or have health concerns are teaching online only. At this point, it looks like the majority of classes in the first semester will be online for most students, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it changes to 100%.
their website as of today https://news.psu.edu/story/623188/2...resume-campus-work-and-learning-fall-semester looks like a better approach than RU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT