ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to the RAC advantage?

200w.gif

My guess - teams are more prepared for the RAC advantage. Basically the cat is out of the bag.

Also, with the drop off in offensive skilled talent that is able to make plays, our team didn't respond as well to the crowd as it just wasn't in their skillset.

We were 13-2 at the RAC until Mag went down. 5-1 in the B1G. I know folks keep saying we can’t blame the whole season on his injury, and they’re right. Need more accountability than that. But he was clearly our glue and we fell apart when he went down - simple as that.

Poor foul shooting., long scoring droughts,no go to scorers at crunch time and failure to defend the 3 point line.The Mag injury impacted effectiveness of full court press.

What was our RAC record when Eddie Jordan was here? 1-8 in the B1G? Crowd can only overcome talent for so long. We have talent but when Mag went down, not enough of it. Hyatt isn’t Mag and Palm isn’t Hyatt and Reiber isn’t Palm. Jalen Miller got record minutes the last month tells you all you need to know .. hate to harp on these guys they’ve done so much and I really like Palm and think he’s starting to turn into a real player, but I’m just answering your question

It was Mag. We had to play great defense to overcome our lackluster offense. Mag was a significant defensive presence...Without him, we were very beatable...His length and defensive pressure was missed..

The RAC is awesome but it isn't some magical place where the arena willed RU to victory. It was a different team that was nearly unbeatable at home w/ Geo, Ron, and before that add in Jacob Young, Miles Johnson, etc. Nothing against this year's squad and the RAC is still one of the most difficult places in the country to play, but there's a lot of variables that added a few more losses to the home record this season.

The RAC is awesome but it isn't some magical place where the arena willed RU to victory. It was a different team that was nearly unbeatable at home w/ Geo, Ron, and before that add in Jacob Young, Miles Johnson, etc. Nothing against this year's squad and the RAC is still one of the most difficult places in the country to play, but there's a lot of variables that added a few more losses to the home record this season.
Yeah the biggest factor being this year’s team being unable to score more points than the other team.

56-10 went to 56-14 over the last four years

I think teams are just more pumped up to play us here now ….

No shooters on this team IMO.

I guess you could say Cam, but Cam was a better player on the road than at home.

Geo and Ron both had the ability to blow the roof off the RAC because they had the ability to get hot and light up a team, on a fairly consistent level.

We didn't have that this year, team was grinding out more wins than not.

It was Mag. We had to play great defense to overcome our lackluster offense. Mag was a significant defensive presence...Without him, we were very beatable...His length and defensive pressure was missed..
Mag’s defense was #1 obviously, we were a top 3 defensive team in the country with him.

But his offensive efficiency was very solid as well. 50% from the field, one of our better FT shooters and he even started to hit 3’s with some consistency.

Hope he comes back where he left off 🤞

Hot shooting by opponents, missed free throws at crunch time, officiating, injuries... Frankly, I'm tired of thinking of reasons this happened or that happened. I've come to the conclusion:

It simply wasn't our year.

... also, the year RU went 18-1 at home, they only won 2 games on the road (compared to 4 this year/last year). Big-time road wins matter, so while obviously I'd love to go undefeated home AND away, but I think I'd trade a home loss to knock off a Top 25 team at their place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT