ADVERTISEMENT

What happens...

rurahrah000

All Conference
Aug 21, 2010
if JG has an unimpressive senior year? Or if he gets some sort of injury that is not major but causes him to miss some time his senior year? Will Tennessee recruit over him? Probably, I think. Would we then pick him back up?

if its a serious injury like torn acl or arm injury he could get his scholarship pulled.

thats why hes been pretending to be interested in rutgers. we are still his backup school.

I really would not be surprised at all if they recruit over him. I guess it depend on where we stand. Chances are we'll have a QB by then. So my answer is no.

Originally posted by rurahrah000:
if JG has an unimpressive senior year? Or if he gets some sort of injury that is not major but causes him to miss some time his senior year? Will Tennessee recruit over him? Probably, I think. Would we then pick him back up?
You sound like the guy hoping the cheerleader's boyfriend breaks up with her before prom so you can ask her.

People, lets get a grip. What if he has a great year and recruiting explodes? Hmm wha happens if I win the lottery, do I buy Flood?

Please don't what if with injuries. It's just not right.

Wishing him no ill will, but the kid will never start a game for the Vols. He's just not that good. He did RU a big favor.

Originally posted by newell138:

You sound like the guy hoping the cheerleader's boyfriend breaks up with her before prom so you can ask her.
I am not hoping for him to come to Rutgers. I want to get to a time that once a kid turns down RU we recruit someone else and never look back. If Tennessee recruits a stud QB and JG has no chance of playing there, I dont want us to let this guy transfer back in.

I am not hoping for him to come to Rutgers. I want to get to a time that once a kid turns down RU we recruit someone else and never look back. If Tennessee recruits a stud QB and JG has no chance of playing there, I dont want us to let this guy transfer back in.
If this does happen. The cynical part of me thinks the references to a particular family member's illness will be used as a reason to transfer back without sitting out a year. If that's the case, I hope the door is shut.

Originally posted by onesimus:

We are already there, we will recruit someone else and will be fine. If he decides to come back after a year or 2, I have no problem welcoming back any kid from NJ or any transfer anywhere if they want to play here.

Couldn't the same be said for EVERY early commitment at ANY school, including RU?

While some recruits change their commitment one or more times before signing day...90% or more still stick to their initial commitment.

Originally posted by WhiteBus:
What if....we all accept that he going to Tennessee and just move on.
Seriously. I'm disgusted by what I'm reading in the majority of this thread. Whiny little children, please stop.

If he changes his mind and de-commits , we let him sign with us only after he publicly apologizes to Coach Flood, RU fans and the State of NJ for treating them all like crap and disrespecting them. I don't care if the kid wins the Heisman at Hillbilly U, the bitterness towards him will only intensify. He and his Dad crapped on the RU hat in more ways than one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT