ADVERTISEMENT

"What's the easiest shot? LAYUP!!"

NickRU714

Heisman Winner
Aug 18, 2009
At my son's 2nd grade basketball session.
The instructor just asked them.

Clearly she hasn't watched our offense.

Steve Brule Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: wheezer
They are also being forced to dribble with right hand on right side and use the backboard.

Now the left side.
Have to use left hand and backboard.
I'm in love ❤️

This could be a great thread.
This woman is great.

"Can we have a drink of water?"
"No. You haven't worked hard enough. And you keep sitting down."

"Either stand or go sit in the bleachers."

Fun but strict.
I'm having flashbacks to basketball practice..

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
Now add Div 1 scholarship defenders to the equation, the speed and pressure of the game and weigh it against stress free uncontested, un-rushed simple layups in practice.

I equate it to baseball fans in the stands pissed off at a kid for not being able to bunt 101 mph fastballs and 95mph sliders they see every game today.

Laying 1000s of perfect bunts down against the pitching machine or a BP pitcher doesn’t do a whole lot and doesn’t really prepare you.

My son would have fit right in with Pike when he played travel. Tenascious man defender, soccer player with good lateral quickness, fair handle but could get to the rim fairly easily.....ALWAYS rushed his layups and missed an embarrassing amount of them. Also, never met a shot he didn't like LOL. Thankfully he has found other winter sports.

My son would have fit right in with Pike when he played travel. Tenascious man defender, soccer player with good lateral quickness, fair handle but could get to the rim fairly easily.....ALWAYS rushed his layups and missed an embarrassing amount of them. Also, never met a shot he didn't like LOL. Thankfully he has found other winter sports.
Make him a hockey player and practice one timers till you pass out😊

This woman is great.

"Can we have a drink of water?"
"No. You haven't worked hard enough. And you keep sitting down."

"Either stand or go sit in the bleachers."

Fun but strict.
I'm having flashbacks to basketball practice..
Lawsuit coming…

Now add Div 1 scholarship defenders to the equation, the speed and pressure of the game and weigh it against stress free uncontested, un-rushed simple layups in practice.

I equate it to baseball fans in the stands pissed off at a kid for not being able to bunt 101 mph fastballs and 95mph sliders they see every game today.

Laying 1000s of perfect bunts down against the pitching machine or a BP pitcher doesn’t do a whole lot and doesn’t really prepare you.
This would be a fair point... but every other B1G team can make layups

Guys spend so much time practicing -- shooting from the outside, a simple layup feels like a foreign task. Theirs always been jokes about spot up shooters. Can hit from anywhere on the floor, but can't make a layup

Every young player today thinks it’s all about the 3 point shot. Basically that is all we hear from pro college and high school. Can he / she hit the 3 pointer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT